Need a Starting point! :(

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hellow fellas, i have recently downloaded countless of Tutorials about Learning Basic C++ , First Steps in C++ and such , i have the will to read and learn, and study well the tutorials i've been reading, BUT, however, i need to see my codes working :( , as far as i understood via tutorials, is that i need a Compiler to compile and run my codes (correct me if im wrong,please.) , however, i have tried countless of them, (free versions) like Borland, CodeBloxx and such, BUT, it just doesnt run my code,even the codes from the tutorial, it keeps saying " Cant Build " something like that, excuse me cant get you the correct quote since i got a little mad and deleted every single of those free compilers i tried, now, what i would really appreciate, is if any of you could Lead me (download links and such.) to a Guide, or A specific tutorial on How to really Fully,completely start your way on C++ programming including all the necessary compiler and all whatever else is needed just so simply i can see my own "program" HELLO WORLD appearing, i need that , that will motivate me to continue further and further, but this has been keeping me away from continuing since i just keep getting stuck with those compilers :(

Regards.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
I also suggest VisualStudio. It's a AAA compiler product and very easy to use for the most part.

When you installed it it try this:
Create a new C++ Project (Console Project).
Say that you do not want a Precompiled Header, and that you want an Empty Project.
When you got your project infront of you right-click onto Source Files (at the right side) and add a new File of type CPP (C++ Source file). Call it whatever you want.
Then you can write your code in here.

At least the newer MSVC versions pre-create those header files (stdafx.h for example) which includes stuff for you, but sometimes makes you unable to simply copy-paste tutorial code into the source file.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Thank you :) , for now, i have downloaded Dev-C++ and i am very satisfied since it has proven to be quite enough for my n00bish needs :eek:

Thanks again. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.