Need ability idea

Xofthebest

Reaction score
I need an ability idea for a necromancer hero. It could either be a passive ability, or a unit target ability. Can't come up with any good idea myself. I prefer if it's hard to code, since I need training.
+rep for the idea I use.

Thanks! :thup:

Nappe

Reaction score
Corruption (bad and unoriginal name, me knows):
A dot that is cast upon enemy unit, deals moderate damage. If the unit dies under effect of this debuff, its corpse will explode and deal AoE damage depending on its max hp (or then it could be static amount, up to you).

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sacred Death

Covers the unit with tons of skulls holding him in for xxx seconds dealing xxx dmg

Firezy

Reaction score
Soul Banishment

Lowers targets armor for xx seconds and deals xx damage/second for xx second

Collective Pain
xx% to deal xx% of the necromancers health missing on attack, if unit has soul banished deal 2x damage

dunno you could trigger spellbook so that one is doesnt show if you only want 1 ability :p

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Bone shield
Summons bones around targeted allied unit protecting him from the next 4/5/6 attacks (both physical and spell attacks)
Cripple (channeling)
Starts cursing an enemy unit making him rot. It get's slowed and has reduced damage and armor. After 10 seconds it turns into a zombie. After 15 seconds it turns into ghoul. After 20 seconds it's completely crippled, turned into a dead skeleton.
The channel drains mana per second.
Dread force (channeling)
Attempts to suck target enemy hero's soul out of his body, giving you control of the hero for short duration also damaging him. In addition, the hero will be weaken and silenced for 4/5/6 seconds.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Evil bound
connects the souls of the target and the necromancer. This bound pulls them closer to eachother, and while this is happening the necromancer inflicts damage to himself. Because the two souls are connected, any damage taken by the necromancer will also be taken by the target. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 1 - Cast range: 500. Damage dealt per second 50.
Level 2 - Cast range: 750. Damage dealt per second 75.
Level 3 - Cast range: 1000. Damage dealt per second 100.

Gl, and enjoy :thup:,
-Lindenkron

Randor244

Reaction score
Evil bound
connects the souls of the target and the necromancer. This bound pulls them closer to eachother, and while this is happening the necromancer inflicts damage to himself. Because the two souls are connected, any damage taken by the necromancer will also be taken by the target. Lasts 5 seconds.
Sounds like a really weak spell :p I mean, are there any positive effects at all, the necromancer is damaged as much as the target...

Momentai

Reaction score
make the evil bound a spell that switches damage done to the units. so damage done to unit A is actually done to unit B and vice versa. that'd be more useful. you could cast it and then have an ally beat the @#$% out of you :p

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
Strike of god
A powerfull force is hitting a unit dealing 200/400/1000 damage.
(i don't know how to say it in english..it's that blue/white light that comes from the clouds when rain is on)

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Sounds like a really weak spell :p I mean, are there any positive effects at all, the necromancer is damaged as much as the target...

Can we agree that if the necromancer have 500 hp and the target have 200 the person with the lowest hp will die first, ending the spell? :rolleyes:

Randor244

Reaction score
Can we agree that if the necromancer have 500 hp and the target have 200 the person with the lowest hp will die first, ending the spell?
Yeah but the the necromancer wold have lost 200hp, it just seems not worth it :D

Pokesam94

Reaction score
Yeah but the the necromancer wold have lost 200hp, it just seems not worth it :D

well maybe you could make it that it lasts 20 sec and both units cannot be attacked at that time... it would make this unit a powerful assist hero. lets say you have low att but high hp and your versing an offencive hero, you could kill it much easier or atleast weaken it to finish it afterwards.

My spell idea: Madness Cloud, makes all units in an area attack anyone (ally, enemy or creep) or a set duration. at a lower level it makes ally units go mad too but when upgraded it only affects enemy units

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Death's Embrace
Protects the Necromancer in a veil of death, causing damage based on the amount recieved and reduces damage taken while it's active. Lasts 120 seconds or until 20 attacks or spells land.

Necrotic Pressence
The Necromancer emits a necrotic pressence, causing healing spells to deal damage instead equal to the amount healed. Affects only enemy targets.

Eternal Damnation
Banishes the target that jumps to others, rendering invulnerable but cannot take any action for the duration. Banished targets take damage over time and lose mana periodically.

Unholy Blessing
Blesses the target with Unholy Power, increasing its attack speed and damage significantly if it's a melee or ranged target, or reducing the mana cost of all abilities if it's a caster target.

Forsaken Conviction
Whenever the Necromancer is damaged, there is a chance that he will teleport forward and leave a cloud of poison, causing damage over time in the area while slowing them down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.