Need assistance with an idea

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So in my map heroes start off with an item it initials gives nothing but each time they level I want to make it so the weapon gets a point that can be spent for either +attack speed, or +attack, or +armor. but I'm having difficulty coming up with the concept so that they can spend there points as if learning a new ability on the weapon without something interrupting such as a dialog box.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Umm is this save/load? if not, it shouldn't be too hard.
I personally wouldn't bother with editing the item itself, only checking periodically to see if it were in the inventory, that way you can take the +stats away if they drop the item, and add them back if they pick it up :/ then just mod attribute bonus and a self-aura for speed while using a spellbook that you gain on level to choose which stat is raised.

btw, i know you can hide the icon for attribute but i don't really remember for auras >.>

oh, and have a simple 12 arrayed variable, and each time a player's unit gains a level add one to the value of the variable(player number of (owner of triggering unit)) and just subtract one every time a hero uses one of the stat-gaining spells :s then, once it hits zero, take the spellbook away from the hero, but if it gained a level and the value == 1 then give the hero the spellbook...

hope i said that right o_O

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well the items are undroppable so I don't have to worry about taking them away
so trying to piece together what you said
-Base it off the ability attribute bonus
-make a hidden aura for speed
Now for the third part make a spellbook to choose which stat is raised how exactly would I do that like how would i make it so you can choose?

Would it just be give the spell book three dummy icons and if someone click one of the dummy icons remove the spell book and add the stat to the item?

Now for the variable part
make a 12 integer arrayed variable for each player so if the integer is less then 1 then take away the spell book
when a hero gains a level add 1 to the playernumber integer and add spellbook?

Is This correct so far?

Also how would I keep track how many points visually are spent on each attribute?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Just take three passive abilities, and everytime the unit levels up, (And has the item) Give him an attack item bonus, an armor bonus, and a speed bonus.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.