Need assistance with change form ability

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi I am planning on creating a hero with a passive that passively allows it to change form every 15 seconds.

The ability will constantly change the model of the hero as long as it is alive. For each level of the ability there will be different "tiers".

Level 1 = Tier 1
Level 2 = Tier 2
etc...

There will also be different models for every tier and every time a hero switches a model he will gain a new ability.

I am confident I can make this spell but the only thing I am worried about is how I can change the model of a hero without making hundreds of units in the object editor.

Any ideas?

IronTrout

Reaction score
Well if all levels turn into the same model, just make the one model as a hero and modify attributes / health / damage etc with triggers and tomes.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I am confident I can make this spell but the only thing I am worried about is how I can change the model of a hero without making hundreds of units in the object editor.
There's no other alternative I'm afraid, the only way you can change a unit's model is by changing the unit into another with morph abilities or replacing it with triggers.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@IronTrout
All the levels turn into different models

@Bogrim
I like the "replacing with triggers" idea. I don't think that that is too hard right?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Under unit trigger actions, you can replace a unit with another type of unit. You'd have to store all the hero's stats, items and experience gained.

The way I would go about making a trigger is using a unit-type array, which will allow you to setup all of the unit types you want the hero to be able to shift between, "UnitType[(Random integer between 1 and 20)]" for instance.

Then all you need is a periodic trigger that replaces the unit once every 15 seconds matching certain conditions.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
So I would still need 100's of heroes with different models? Damnit...

and yeah, I was plannign on doing the unit-type array.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Ok. I have decided to greatly change the ability.

Now, the hero gets to choose his form. I gave him 3 spellbook abilities. Each one is for forms based on the stats. One is for strength, another for agility, and one for intelligence. Each one will have 4 forms in them that get upgraded when the hero levels the ability. While in a form, the hero is able to change to other forms if he wants to.

Problems I need help with:
1) When I am in my original hero form, I can switch just fine. But when I am in a form, I can't switch to others for some reason.

2) when I open any of the spellbooks it always opens up the strength one. (although I have only triggered one form into it).

3) I am also having trouble getting the hero to have the same level of spellbook abilities every time he changes form without having to re-learn them.

Thanks

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Edit* oh my bad hold on.

EditEdit* okay my best idea is to do this.

Create a custom copy of the ability CHAOS(grom or w/e one you want) create how every many levels you have = to your heroes.(also for spell book switch the ID to some random 1) once a spell is casted do a if spell is (that hero one) set chaos to the level for that unit.

EditEditEdit* Chaos works 10x better than morph to.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I'm actually using the action
Trigger:
  • unit - replace (triggering unit) with (whatever)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
The chaos is working great! I'm only having 2 problems:

1) The primary attribute of the hero remains the same. I have set it to be different on the new unit. How can I change the primary attribute?

2) Spellbooks are almost fine now. Only problem is that when I choose a form inside let's say the strength spellbook, then all the other spells in the spellbook disappear. How can I fix this?

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
The chaos is working great! I'm only having 2 problems:

1) The primary attribute of the hero remains the same. I have set it to be different on the new unit. How can I change the primary attribute?

2) Spellbooks are almost fine now. Only problem is that when I choose a form inside let's say the strength spellbook, then all the other spells in the spellbook disappear. How can I fix this?

Chaos copies.. :( the exact stats..
might have to trigger it..
Also on the spellbook did you set the ID orders differently?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Thanks Weep!

Anyone have any idea about the stat thing though because it is absolutely crucial :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.