Need brainstorm

mapguy

Reaction score
I`m starting an OAS which has already 4 heroes done.
I`ll post the alfa test version after I create 10.
---
but I`m having leak of ideas and it`s really hard to create heros with UNIQUE gamaplays, so, if you have any brainstorm of a SPELL, ITEM or sothing else, just post, I thank you.

I ALSO NEED AN OPINION ABOUT A FEW ITEMS:
Code:
what do you think is the best way to do lane?
a - one single lane in the middle
b - two lanes
c - three lanes (like in DOTA)
d - four lanes (like in AOM)
e - no lanes at all, creeps makes their own route.
Code:
how should items be?
a - you buy weak items and use them in recipes for better items.
b - you but an item and upgrade it.
c - you simply buy an item
d - you combine gems to make unique items.
Code:
how should be item system?
a - players can have 6 items of any type, and any number of them.
b - players can`t have two of the same item.
c - each player can have one (boots) + (weapon) + (2nd hand) + (armor) + (helmet) + (artifact).

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
1. A (And a big jungle) or C

2. A+B

3. 1

Q: What is brainstorming?

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
Brainstorming:

Brainstorming is a popular method of group interaction in both educational and business settings. Although it does not provide a measurable advantage in creative output, brainstorming is an enjoyable exercise that is typically well received by participants. Newer variations of brainstorming seek to overcome barriers like production blocking and may well prove superior to the original technique. How well these newer methods work, and whether or not they should be classified as brainstorming, are questions that require further research.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
1177061_6904278.jpg

= gathering ideas from people.

-

1. depends, a traditional AoS has more than 1 often.
IMO, the number of lanes dictate the pace of the game.
lanes divide the amount of work needed to finish the game.

2. A.
b and c are kinda boring. d is too complicated.

3. C., way more balanced that way.

0WN3D

Reaction score
I prefer having a item system of which each item is hero-type specific.So that the game makes more sense. (Most games makes no sense, like a archer buying a sword to increase damage?)And you have to equip the item to have its effect, not like it is in your bag and you get extra stats unless of course it is like a magical orb that gives aura. Can you imagine a sword that you have in your bag and you increase strength? Or a knight using 6 swords?At least that makes sense.( Well... i do know that most 'fun' games makes no sense:p)

For the lane part, I like it when the paths collide. A 'picture' to show it.

Base
\ | /
\|/
/|\
/ | \
Base
(the 'picture is distorted for some reasons when i am saving it)
soo that the clashes of hero will be more.Well I personally love clashes cause it is more chaotic

Nighteyes

Reaction score
An item idea.

The Consumer

+Str
+Lifesteal
+Consume (Active)

Consume: The hero starts to use his own lifeforce to increase his strength. Hero will take X damage per second, but gain +Y attack, +Y strength and +Z armor.

Dark Blades

+Agi
+IAS
+Shadow (Active)

Teleports (2100 range) an unit near another unit or a tree (300 range). This cannot be used within 3 seconds of being hit.

Pain

+Dmg
+Scream (Passive)

Whenever the hero attacks an unit he has a X% chance to release a scream from the attacked unit. This scream reduces the armor and damage of everyone in an X AoE and deals Y damage.

fiendfyre912

Reaction score
I kinda like the OWNED's idea with multiple lanes colliding in the middle then splitting up. Its suited for more fast-paced games if you're into that kind of thing.
Its really up to you how many lanes you want. It depends on what your map's gameplay would be like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.