Need Good Ability Ideas

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on my Forest CTF map, and I'm looking for abililty ideas. I want to keep the ideas the same, so I'm going to give descriptions of the classes and what they are made to be good at doing.

I would like ideas for heroes that help them in some way in this map. Area of Effect attacks should be very limited, since players only control their one hero, and possibly one or two other units. I don't want insane special effects for a super explosion, or anything that seems like it's a super power.

In my map, slows, stuns, and damage really have a major impact on the gameplay, so these would make abilities useful.

I'm only posting the abilities I already have, and that I am going to keep.

Demon Warrior: Master of staying within range of a unit, but is very limited when it comes to range.
Currently has Charge, which lets him rush to an opponent.

Gnoll Rogue: Speedy unit, which is good at keeping out of range of units, while dealing damage to them.
Currently has Sprint, which lets him rush away from an enemy.

Human Hunter: Master of tracking and catching prey, she is about average with her ranged attacks.
Currently has Lay Trap, and Silence (soon to change to Silencing shot). These allow the hunter to freeze an enemy in place, dealing a small amount of damage, and stunning it. Silencing shot allows her to disable all spells for 8 seconds.

Makrura Paladin: The menacing giant Makrura has a mighty, but slow attack, and can survive for a long duration, due to high health, and survival abilities.
Currently has Rally of Justice, which lets him buff any ally (or himself) into a huge unit, increasing movement and attack speed.
Also has holy light, which lets him heal any ally (or himself).

Murloc Mage: The underestimated trickster of the group, he has a short ranged, fast and strong attack, but has very low hp.
He currently has Blink, Firebolt, and Summon Water Elemental, which has a slowing attack.

Troll Assassin: The deadly quick Assassin is hard to find, and hard to kill. He has an average attack, but with fast speed. He does best when he does damage in short spurts, while staying away from enemy hits. (he has low hp)
He currently has Wind Walk, and Shadowstep, which allow him to disappear, and to *backstab* enemies. He also has a shadow-strike-like ability, but it's only for the slowing, long range attack.

I think that the game needs more buff-like spells, since most are stun/damage abilities, but I didn't have any ideas for them.

By the way, each hero has 5 abilities. 3 abilities with 4 levels each, 1 ability with 2 levels (mini/semi-ultimate), and 1 ability with 1 level (ultimate).

Thanks in advanced!!

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Cripple- Slows the targetted enemy for 10 seconds, decreasing movement speed by 20% and deals 30 damage per second.

Blind- Targetted enemy misses 25% of attacks for 8 seconds.

Spike Trap- When triggered, releases a fan of knives, making all units affected bleed for 7 seconds.

Track- Gain vision of targetted unit, increasing your movement speed as you cover ground.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Human Hunter
Paralysis - Every second after casting the target is slowed by more and more for 5 seconds.

Batman

Reaction score
Models would help.

Demon Warrior
Terrorizing Roar
-Stuns all units within # range for # seconds, and slows them for # seconds.

Replace (can't think of a name)
-Swaps positions with a unit

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Paladin
Guardian Angel
Buff himself or an ally. Any damage, including spells, has a change to heal him and allies whitin 500 range equal to the damage dealt

Warrior
Spinning Slice
Damage units whitin 300 range
Counter
Every melee attack will be countered by 50% damage

12aBBiT1

demon
- portal ( teleports the demon to a random location on the enemies side, but requires a sacrifice of 75% health and mana. )
- wield orb ( allows the demon to wield a demonic orb, which give +5 to all stats, and is collected from killing enemies )

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Models would help.

The models/type of unit it is isn't so much what matters, as it is their "class" (like mage, assassin, rogue, paladin, hunter, and warrior). The models are more to make them fit into the forest atmosphere.

Murloc Mage : Caster Murloc type unit
Troll Assassin : Forest Troll
Gnoll Rogue : Gnoll Archer
Makrura Paladin : Makrura Tidal Lord
Human Hunter : High Elf Archer
Demon Warrior : Overlord (Name/model might change, right now he's a BETA hero).

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. :)

I particularly like Track (even though it's cliche). Paralysis gives me a few ideas from the name, but I don't think just slowing would be enough of an incentive to the player.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I got a perfect idea!

Name: Whater ever you want lol
Type passive
Skill:When the (your hero here) is within (your range here) of trees then he will fade out in (you time here) and become invisible but he/she must stay near the trees or the effect will be lost

Would make sense if it was the ult and its customizble and its possible lol

ENJOY AND HOPE YOU MAKE YOUR MAP =D

Flying Hipo

Reaction score
For the Demon Warrior, make one where he targets a unit, and marks them. When you hit the spell again, then it teleports them to you. Melee cast range.

For the Troll I think that a good idea would be, (a spell I made for an AoS map) where it gives you a buff and when you attack somebody it turns you invisible.

Flying Hipo

Reaction score
I got a perfect idea!

Name: Whater ever you want lol
Type passive
Skill:When the (your hero here) is within (your range here) of trees then he will fade out in (you time here) and become invisible but he/she must stay near the trees or the effect will be lost

Would make sense if it was the ult and its customizble and its possible lol

ENJOY AND HOPE YOU MAKE YOUR MAP =D

I hate to say this but that's basically Natures Guise from DotA. the only difference is that it's passive.

Batman

Reaction score
The models/type of unit it is isn't so much what matters, as it is their "class" (like mage, assassin, rogue, paladin, hunter, and warrior). The models are more to make them fit into the forest atmosphere.

Murloc Mage : Caster Murloc type unit
Troll Assassin : Forest Troll
Gnoll Rogue : Gnoll Archer
Makrura Paladin : Makrura Tidal Lord
Human Hunter : High Elf Archer
Demon Warrior : Overlord (Name/model might change, right now he's a BETA hero).

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. :)

I particularly like Track (even though it's cliche). Paralysis gives me a few ideas from the name, but I don't think just slowing would be enough of an incentive to the player.

Well it does help to a certain extent. I was thinking of Dreadlord first when I heard demon warrior for some reason, and a rifleman for human hunter. Now an ability called "assassinate" would suit more for a rifleman.

Anyways, bump for you (can't think of anything)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
For Demon Warrior:

Demonic Binding - [target ability] when activated, the Demon Warrior slams the ground with demonic energies that search for the target enemy hero, creating a mirror image behind the hero that follows it. The mirror image deals 20% damage and takes 200% damage, and lasts for 5 seconds. The Demon Warrior can teleport to the mirror image.

Gotta go now, have more later.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on my Forest CTF map, and I'm looking for abililty ideas. I want to keep the ideas the same, so I'm going to give descriptions of the classes and what they are made to be good at doing.

Murloc Mage: The underestimated trickster of the group, he has a short ranged, fast and strong attack, but has very low hp.
He currently has Blink, Firebolt, and Summon Water Elemental, which has a slowing attack.

Ok, Blink as a "Must have" for trickster style chracters.
Fire bolt-NO way, murloc is an ampfibian.If I were you I'd change that to ice bolt instead.(1sec stun on all levels)
Water elemental- It is OK.

Now here is my idea:
1Blink
2Poison Sting
lv1-5dmg sec for 5 secs non stacking
lv2-10dmg sec+ slow atackspeed(10%) non stacking
lv3-15dmg sec+slow atackspeed(15%)and slow moovment speed(15%) non staking
lv4-20dmg sec -20%atack speed -20%moovmen speed stacking 3times
Ice Bolt
lv1 100dmg0.5 sec stun
lv2 200dmg 1sec stun
lv3 300dmg 1.5se stun
lv4 300dmg 2sec stun
ULTIMATE: Supreme Blink(like blink but doeas an AOE DMG where the murlock teleports and has a bigger mana cost and cooldoln but 1sec stun)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol Supreme Blink seems a bit rigged. Firebolt isn't a "NO WAY" for a Murloc. He's a mage type unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
for troll assassin - Mark of assassination, strikes an enemy with dark power dealing a little damage and reducing the targets armor, if the unit get hit by mark of assassination twice the damage will double but the armor reduction will be removed. based on acid bottle (or however it was called) and 1 trigger for the damage + buff remove

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Demon Warrior: (Most spells require mana, so mana removing spells may cripple his ability to fight)
Inhuman Skin: Reduces all incoming attack damage by X%, while increasing damage taken from spell attacks by Y%. Must have Z mana for effect to occur.

Giant's Blade: Deals X% splash damage to enemy units in a cone in front of the demon, but due to the abnormal weight of the blade the demon only preforms this move on every Y attack. Uses Z mana.

Dull Edge: Due to the many lifes the Demon Warrior has ended, his weapon has becom dull, lowering damage by X amount but makes the attacked enemy bleed, dealing Y damage very second.

Note that these spells was ideas for a passive skill.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Troll assassin:
Go with the flow - skilled in deception, backstabbing and stealthy elimination of opponents.
1. An idea for a passive - when attacking a unit from behind - ignores 20/40/60/80 percent of the armor of the opponent.
2. Poison dagger - poison is a classic when talking about assassins. :) So either a potent poison attack or a throwable dagger(vanilla shadow strike)
3. WindWalk goes with the theme also. I suggest short duration, big speed bonus. Something like 6-8 seconds and 50% speed increase. Enough for running away or a quick sneak up on your target, but not lingering around all too much.
4. Can create some sort of a decoy to fool enemies as to his intentions. Something like takes 150% bonus damage and deals 20 and can swap between each at will(at a certain range)... This I guess works for the semi ultimate) :) This means you'll have to trigger the ability so that when you swap, enemies continue to attack the swapped image, otherwise the swap would be useless as a skill.

Murloc mage:
Trickster you say... you spells are nowhere near...
1. A potent activate-able thorn shield. Sort of a Thorns aura with the mana shield mechanic. Possibly the mini-ultimate. Returns 15/25% of inflicted damage(melee and range, you'll have to trigger the latter). This only makes sense for percent returned damage, so either that or think of your own idea. Also I am not sure about the mana shield ability, its possible you'll also have to trigger that too.
2. Can lay traps that ensnare units in a small area...
3. Give him silence too.
You said he was low HP - that way heroes who want to kill him because of it will have to think twice about what thupmh he may pull out of his sleeve at the last moment.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Murloc mage:
Trickster you say... you spells are nowhere near...
1. A potent activate-able thorn shield. Sort of a Thorns aura with the mana shield mechanic. Possibly the mini-ultimate. Returns 15/25% of inflicted damage(melee and range, you'll have to trigger the latter). This only makes sense for percent returned damage, so either that or think of your own idea. Also I am not sure about the mana shield ability, its possible you'll also have to trigger that too.
2. Can lay traps that ensnare units in a small area...
3. Give him silence too.
You said he was low HP - that way heroes who want to kill him because of it will have to think twice about what thupmh he may pull out of his sleeve at the last moment.[/QUOTE]

Silence AND traps for a CTF?This is gonna be too strong...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.