Need help with a few basic triggers

Shinobi

Reaction score
I'm making a map with 3 bases at the top, one entrance, that will play like a melee map but instead of computers it will just be waves of units that come and attack at certain time intervals.

I know how to spawn a wave of units, lets say 10 zerglings at the start - what I want to know is - how would I go about putting a timer on the map that will count down to each wave of units, as well as spawn different types of units only the one time? Currently I know how to send a certain number of units at a repeating time interval (like 10 zerglings every 30 seconds).

I basically want the general idea of what I have to do to set up a timer counting down to each wave, and then have a different wave of units each time. Let's say a timer with 5 minutes that will spawn 10 zerglings, then the timer would reset to 5 minutes and then spawn 10 hydralisks, etc. etc. Any help or just general advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. How do I remove certain things, like taking out vespene geysers if I do not want them in their current spot anymore?

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, atm I'm terreining my TD to get used to the SC2 Editor, so I can help you with your removing problem
On the top nav [Layer] bar, select Units so that the editor beings loading the list of units you can enter, if you mouse over the map and see a transparent unit, that means you are in placement mode. Press space and it will toggle to selection mode. From there, select your geyser and press the delete button which prompts a 5-pronged nuclear launch missile attack on your geyser and utterly wipes it out of your map.

For doodads, same steps but select the doodads tab instead of units.

Shinobi

Reaction score
Thanks Geoff, can't believe I didn't figure out something so simple :p Now to work on my waves of units...

Severon

Reaction score
in short you need arried Variables.

Now I suppose you want an explanation:)

First create 2 global variables(if you know multidimentional you might be able to make 1 variable to do this, but I'm not sure if you can have and integer and a unit type in a multidimentional array made through the gui(I would assume you can if you script))

I am going to use:
Wave[] = Unit type
spawnNumber[]= integer

Trigger:
  • Map Start
    • events
      • At map start
    • local variables
    • conditions
    • actions
      • Variable - Wave[0] = Zerglings
      • Variable - Wave[1] = Hydralisk
      • Variable - Wave[2] = Odin(gg)
      • Variable - spawnNumber[0] = 10
      • Variable - spawnNumber[1] = 5
      • Variable - spawnNumber[2] = 100

Trigger:
  • Spawner
    • events
      • Timer - periodic 300(5min*60sec/min=300 seconds) seconds game-time
    • local variables
      • I = 0
    • conditions
    • actions
      • unit - create <u>spawnNumber</u><i> of <u>Wave</u><i> at <u>Point</u>
      • I=I+1
    • </i></i>

I'm not going to include the add to unit group or movement commands unless you really need me 2.

Hopes this helps^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.