Need help with a few skills im stuck on

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
so, i'm the making of 5 heroes atm and i'm kinda stuck on some skills of them so i'm asking for help or for ideas... to fix the existing skills or replace them

1. Fire lord
need to be "double edged" meaning all hes skills and attacks damage allies as much as foes. but he deal a hefty amount of dmg
i atm got 2 skills that cant fulfill this.
a. "fire nova" based of "frost nova" whit a fire look. (only dmg allies if targeting one then it dmg only the unit targeted)
b. "fire wave" based of "breath of fire" does not dmg allies at all, even if its said under targets that it should
how can i make these 2 skills work as they should? shuld i base it of some other skills? or got other ideas that i can replace them whit?

2. meat wall
should have a passive skill that increases hes life allot every level. but i cant get it to work o_O, i'm using "item bonus life" skill but it only increases life first lvl

3. chaos master
should have an activate able immolation but for some reason i don't really get, the immolation is around hes head? should be around chest like it normally is (the effect says its on "chest" atm but it don't help)

4. Mage assasin
biggest problem of them all, i just cant seem to fix this...
simple enough: an aura that fulfills the role of vamp aura but also effects ranged, and instead of life it should give mana. this just makes me stupid atm

Trigger:
  • Activate spir aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Spiritual aura15 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Spiritual aura15
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Damage source) has buff Spiritual Aura (lvl1)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set udg_IntegerVariable = GetUnitAbilityLevel( GetEventDamageSource(), 'B00M' )
      • Unit - Set mana of (Damage source) to ((Mana of (Damage source)) + (((Damage taken) / 100.00) x IntegerVariable))

someone really help me whit this one, worked whit for a long time :/

Admit

Reaction score
4. Mage assasin:

"((Mana of (Damage source)) + (((Damage taken) / 100.00) x IntegerVariable))" = (lets say the unit has 100 mana and 50 damage) = (around) 1.5 mana points. That means the attacking unit will get 1.5 mana.

Do like this instead:
Trigger:
  • Mana Steal Aura
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has buff Mana Steal Aura ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set ManGain[0] = (100.00 / (10.00 x (Real((Level of Mana Steal Aura for (Damage source))))))
      • Set ManGain[1] = ((Damage taken) / ManGain[0])
      • Unit - Set mana of (Damage source) to ((Mana of (Damage source)) + ManGain[1])

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
that don't help, that only work on the unit that have the aura, not everyone else

if i don't get his to work i gotta make is so every level have a different buff (like manaauralvl3) and so on, also i prob have to put the mana steal to a set value, as i don't know how to get the actual dmg done so that i can count out the amount of mana the unit should steal

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
solved mage assasin i think

i rethinked it and figured out that he aura whit % who'd be to unbalanced on a few units, so i made it a static value 2-18 mana each time u attack a unit.

this was allot easyer to fix:

Trigger:
  • Activate spir aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to White Spiritual Aura <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
      • Trigger - Add to Black Spiritual Aura <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • White Level spir aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Spiritual Aura
    • Actions
      • Set Spirauralvl[1] = (Learned skill level)

Trigger:
  • White Spiritual Aura
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has buff Spiritual Aura (Buff)) Equal to True
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Damage source)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Damage source)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Damage source)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Damage source)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Damage source)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Damage source) to ((Mana of (Damage source)) + ((Real(Spirauralvl[1])) x 2.00))

should work right? :) gonna do a quick test soon
---EDIT---
didnt work o_O

Admit

Reaction score
The reasone it dosn't work is becuse the "
Trigger:
  • Set ManGain[0] = (100.00 / (10.00 x (Real((Level of Mana Steal Aura for (Damage source))))))
" It will be 0 for all attacking units (Exept the owner of the aura). And everything x 0 is 0.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The reasone it dosn't work is becuse the "
Trigger:
" It will be 0 for all attacking units (Exept the owner of the aura). And everything x 0 is 0.

u misunderstood, yours don't work at all, that who'd just effect the unit that OWNS the skill, also the way u count it... is... just straight out wrong, i was needing to gain a % value of the dmg done to a unit. not (totalmana+dmgdone)/level of skill? kinda... its just wrong

my shuld work (ADD A VALUE NOT a % VALUE), but somewhere in the trigger where it gota count the mana and add it to the players mana somthing makes it not add anything

Admit

Reaction score
u misunderstood, yours don't work at all, that who'd just effect the unit that OWNS the skill, also the way u count it... is... just straight out wrong, i was needing to gain a % value of the dmg done to a unit. not (totalmana+dmgdone)/level of skill? kinda... its just wrong

my shuld work (ADD A VALUE NOT a % VALUE), but somewhere in the trigger where it gota count the mana and add it to the players mana somthing makes it not add anything

I said that it didn't work and why.
My spell takes 10xlevel% of the damage dealt as mana to the attacking unit.

And it does affect friendly units, the reasone they don't get mana is becuse they have Mana steal Aura on level 0, it will then return 0.
By removing the level check of ability it gives 5 mana as it should (10% of 50= 5).

If you take your
Trigger:
  • White Level spir aura
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Spiritual Aura
    • Actions
      • Set Spirauralvl[1] = (Learned skill level)

Trigger and add the "Spirauralv[1]" instead of the "real(level of mana steal aura)" it would work but it would only work correctly if only 1 have the spell.

And if you don't want it too be % just change the value.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
yes only 1 type of this unit each team.

also ur quite hard to understand how u think... i bet nowone else tha reads this understand what u mean at all...

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
2. meat wall
should have a passive skill that increases hes life allot every level. but i cant get it to work o_O, i'm using "item bonus life" skill but it only increases life first lvl
Right. Make an upgrade based on Animal War Training and set these fields:

Data - Effect 1 - Hit Point Bonus - Base - <Your Value> (1st level increment)
Data - Effect 1 - Hit Point - Increment - <Your Value> (further increment)

And make a trigger like this one:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to &lt;Your Skill&gt;
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade to ((Current research level of Upgrade for (Owner of (Learning Hero))) + 1) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))

Should work like a charm. Make sure your hero has the upgrade at "Upgrades Used" field.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Right. Make an upgrade based on Animal War Training and set these fields:

Data - Effect 1 - Hit Point Bonus - Base - <Your Value> (1st level increment)
Data - Effect 1 - Hit Point - Increment - <Your Value> (further increment)

And make a trigger like this one:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to &lt;Your Skill&gt;
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade to ((Current research level of Upgrade for (Owner of (Learning Hero))) + 1) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))

Should work like a charm. Make sure your hero has the upgrade at "Upgrades Used" field.

ty that helped :)

still need help whit the other ones

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.