need help with ability

nhammen

Reaction score
ok so i want to know how to make an aoe spell with triger to deal x attribute and to use model fire rain i tried but it doesnt work and i want to deal dmg only to enemy

ok so now second spell is an aura that give bonus stats int agi or str and give it to all heroes in game in range 1000 will be nice to explain this 1 how to do it not just to post triger

tnx to all who will help

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Well:

1) Rain of Fire effect isn't hard. But problem is if you want damage done on impact. I ain't gonna bother if that's what you want, hence you will need damage detection system to make Rain of Fire deal custom damage on impact.

2) Problem with this is that stats given will be given to the original stats, meaning they won't be counted as a bonus. If this is not a prob - Make some aura that gives buff to allies. Any aura would do. Then do two trigger checks:

1a) Every (0.50-1 second) of game time ; if the unit has the buff, you will add stats. Adding stats through the Hero - Set Stats

2a) Every (0.50-1 second) of game time ; if the unit doesn't have the buff, you will reduce stats. Reducing stats through the Hero - Set Stats

Note that ability may seriously bug and be abused, especially if the hero dies under effects of the aura. He will end up with either bonus stats or reduced stats when he revives. Giving bonus stats is kinda... tricky. I have no idea how to give JUST bonus stats and not into default ones.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
1a) Every (0.50-1 second) of game time ; if the unit has the buff, you will add stats. Adding stats through the Hero - Set Stats

2a) Every (0.50-1 second) of game time ; if the unit doesn't have the buff, you will reduce stats. Reducing stats through the Hero - Set Stats

Note that ability may seriously bug and be abused, especially if the hero dies under effects of the aura. He will end up with either bonus stats or reduced stats when he revives. Giving bonus stats is kinda... tricky. I have no idea how to give JUST bonus stats and not into default ones.

like u said. that is not a good idea.

for rain of fire, just do damage according to attribute via triggers as sentrywiz said. just mess around with the timing tho,ur bound to get it eventually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.