Need help with MPQ and mapsize

love_helper

Reaction score
Everytime I import file to map via MPQMaster, mapsize increases even though it replaces the old file.

I mean even when I delete files in map using MPQMaster, the mapsize still stays the same

Is there anyway to solve this problem? I hear using map optimizer protector would solve it but it didn't work for me.

I need to translate map in some Unicode font, and afaik WE doesn't support Unicode, so the only way I think of is traslating using MPQ Master. It 's so fast to translate with MPQ (just translate txt,wts files) compare to WE (have to open each item,skill, unit... to translate)

Dirac

Reaction score
I think you're confusing the game per se with the map.
A map doesn't carry around all the model, sound or any of the rest of the MPQ data, the game does.
Deleting a MPQ file results in deleting it from the warcraft 3 version installed in your computer, not from the map.
Adding a file that "replaces" a map used by warcraft doesn't delete that file, by replacing they mean that it causes the game to read this new model instead of the one loaded by default at the game's MPQ file.

love_helper

Reaction score
Sorry, my bad, I mean editing the map .w3x with MPQMaster, not the .mpq files in Warcraft III folder
There 's a file named war3map.wts that contain strings I need to translate, I export it, edit it, and import it back. The map size is increased a lot. And even when I delete war3map.wts from TheMap.w3x, mapsize still stay as if I didn't delete anything

Sorry about my bad English

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.