Need help with my spell called Hiss of Death

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The concept of the spell is actually like Medusa's Mystic Snake, I make it as an ultimate for a hero. Only that the damage of the snake increases by 100% each jump and it jumps up 8 times, then as the snake returns to the hero, it will heal her for 30% of the total damage and mana it absorbs. I was trying to create a trigger for it but, I do not know what to do anymore for the next steps.. Is there any one there who has an MUI trigger for it? because I have searched it in the net but only found JASS triggers. I don't know anything about JASS...

I already started a trigger but I don't know how to save the total damage and make the dummy return to the hero healing 30% of the total damage and mana it absorbs. My spell apperas like Lich's Chain Frost..

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You'll need two variables at least; one to store the damage dealt, and another to store the number of targets hit. Are you using hashtables, arrays or just variables?

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm using variables as well, here's my trigger anyway but this appears like chain frost.

Hiss of Death
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Hiss of Death
Actions
Countdown Timer - Pause MS_Timer
Unit - Remove MS_Snake from the game
Set MS_Caster = (Casting unit)
Set MS_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Set MS_Range = 600.00
Set MS_Timer_Int = 0.03
Set MS_Speed = 16.00
Set MS_Detect_Range = 200.00
Set MS_Jumps = ((Level of Mystic Snake for MS_Caster) x 5)
Set MS_Point[1] = (Position of MS_Caster)
Set MS_Point[2] = (Position of MS_Target)
Unit - Create 1 Hiss of Death Dummy for (Owner of MS_Caster) at MS_Point[1] facing (Angle from MS_Point[1] to MS_Point[2]) degrees
Set MS_Snake = (Last created unit)
Countdown Timer - Start MS_Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in MS_Timer_Int seconds
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MS_Point[1])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MS_Point[2])

Hiss of Death Chain
Events
Time - MS_Timer expires
Conditions
Actions
Set MS_Point[3] = (Position of MS_Snake)
Set MS_Point[4] = (Position of MS_Target)
Set MS_Point[5] = (MS_Point[3] offset by MS_Speed towards (Angle from MS_Point[3] to MS_Point[4]) degrees)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Distance between MS_Point[3] and MS_Point[4]) Greater than MS_Detect_Range
Then - Actions
Unit - Move MS_Snake instantly to MS_Point[5], facing (Angle from MS_Point[3] to MS_Point[4]) degrees
Else - Actions
Unit - Move MS_Snake instantly to MS_Point[4]
Unit - Cause MS_Snake to damage MS_Target, dealing ((Real((Level of Mystic Snake for MS_Caster))) x 100.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Divine
Unit - Order MS_Snake to Undead Destroyer - Absorb Mana MS_Target
Set MS_Jumps = (MS_Jumps - 1)
Set MS_Group = (Units within MS_Range of MS_Point[3] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of MS_Caster)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) Not e
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Number of units in MS_Group) Greater than 0
Then - Actions
Set MS_Target = (Random unit from MS_Group)
Else - Actions
Countdown Timer - Pause MS_Timer
Unit - Order MS_Snake to Move To MS_Point[1]
Unit - Remove MS_Snake from the game
Unit - Set life of MS_Caster to ((Life of MS_Caster) + ((100.00 x (Real((Number of units in MS_Group)))) x 0.50))
Unit - Set mana of MS_Caster to ((Mana of MS_Caster) + ((100.00 x (Real((Number of units in MS_Group)))) x 0.50))
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_MS_Group)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MS_Point[3])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MS_Point[4])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MS_Point[5])

I know there's something wrong with this, the snake of the spell bounces not just twice to an enemy but more times if the enemy is only 2... don't know what to do anymore... I'm sorry but I'm new to the editor...

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This feels like it needs to be done in JASS or at least using a few systems. As for you unit being hit multiple times create a group for each unit that has been damage and add not in this group as a condition for targeting. Your MS_Group is used for targeting but your also using that to determine life gain, use something like MS_Victims for that. If you want to calculate the exact damage dealt you'd have to use some sort of damage system.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
If you intend to make it MUI, you'll need to use unit indexing if not hashtables. Damage detection is also a must if you want to be accurate.

I'll see if I can make something up for you tomorrow. My exams will be over by then. Some more details would be helpful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.