Need help with Quest Triggers

Blade_Masta

Reaction score
:DHello there,

Am trying to understand a quest trigger,if you possible got any please post it here, i will be really happy to see it and learn something from it.
What am looking for it's a multi-player Quest trigger.For exemple, A unit enters in a certain range or region, then he get post his quest (could be any type of quest killing someone,retreving items etc.).When the guy complete his quest, he gets a message saying something like this or at your choice
.....Well done, You have succeded in your Quest, Return to get your reward...
Then the hero goes to the quest giver and he gets his reward (i dont mind any reward),I want to see a text saying that ....you have earned #exp or
# gold , or anything that you want.If it's not too much could you post your map as well, because am a visually type :D .If you guys think that i'am using you guys so you could make a quest trigger for me, then you are wrong i've tried it my self,read most of the quest triggers,asked alot of help, but without result :( .If you guys dont believe me then go check the thread
Need help here!!! It's posted by me and it got alot of answers too,But unfortunately, I couldn't understand completely, because like i've told you i need a visual support, Thanks for your time and hope i will see some answers, Have a nice Week :)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
A quest trigger, eh. Well here you go, my crappy but functioning quest. It's just a "go to quest giver to start it, kill enemy for generic reason, come back to get your reward" type quest. It fits your requirements though. As you asked, the map is posted.

People will probably cry on the offhand chance they download this and look at the effort, or rather lack thereof, put into anything but the quest on this map...

EDIT: Just a moment, just noticed it has to be multiplayerable... Crap, lemme fix it.
EDIT2: Fixed, should be multiplayer now.

Attachments

• Quest - Multiplayer.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 100

Blade_Masta

Reaction score
Hello there,
Thanks alot for your map trb92, your triggers+map helped me understand more about triggers,variable and etc.If any of you people want to post maps dont be shy, i'll be pleased to have them and understand them
Thanks you for your time Blade_Masta

R

Rev. Coders

give me a little im writeing a pretty desent size quest code for you :)

im on its 3rd trigger

Blade_Masta

Reaction score
ooo nice thank rev. coders :) I look forward to your map :D
well post your map asswell,so i could get a bit more knowledge :D

R

Rev. Coders

alright, its gona be a little bit longer, im on the 6th trigger, theres plenty more to go :p

R

Rev. Coders

no, ill write a tutorial on everything i know about quest makeing right now, but heres the map :) gona go write a tutorial now.

Attachments

• QuestMap.w3m
    20.8 KB · Views: 97

Blade_Masta

Reaction score
Seriously ty alot man, Am going to take a look about that map :D

Umm there like a prob, You need only WE to read your map right?? because am only able 2 read the quest make optional,the other are like, in a white color....what does that mean??

Attachments

• errors.JPG
    errors.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 82
R

Rev. Coders

the gray color means that the trigger is not on when the map starts. I decided to use that because it makes it so u cant skip any parts of the quest.

Blade_Masta

Reaction score
Yea but Were do i get the quest?And from who?? Sorry, but i quit dont get the pint i know you have to kill the inferno, but form who do i get the quest and were do i have to go , i got no hero....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.