Need Help with Some Triggers

Severon

Reaction score
Alright, I've been playing around with these triggers for a while now, but no matter what I seem to add or change I can't get them to work right.

The idea behind these triggers is that the game will check every 5 seconds to see if player 10 and 5 have any units in the map. If no then it will count to 12 or wait 60 seconds then spawn units at the player locations.

When it spawns the units it suppose to find each building of certain type and create a unit of that type at the exact location.(This works fine for the most part) It then activates a flag that will be used later on.

The check spawn trigger will run and see that all enemies are dead and will run the trigger Unit to Buildings. This trigger is suppose to remove all the units created by the spawn trigger and remove them adding back in the units the spawn trigger removed. These units' locations, types, owner of unit player's number, and how many buildings were suppose to be set aside in a variable in the spawn trigger so that this trigger knows where, whos, and what type to create.

The problem is I end up with to many units on the map, If I have two fire bats I end up with 4. Two which are structures and two of which are units. This basically tells me that the trigger Units to Buildings isn't working because the units are not removed. It gives me an area that says "Error: Unit type (value = 0)" (See attached bmp)

Warning! Wall of Triggers?!

Trigger:
  • Check Spawn
    • Events
      • Timer - Every 5.0 seconds of Game Time
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
      • And
        • Conditions
          • (Player 5 Supplies Used) == 0
          • (Player 10 Supplies Used) == 0
    • Actions
      • General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
        • If
          • Counter == 12
        • Then
          • Variable - Set Counter = 0
          • Trigger - Run Spawn (Ignore Conditions, Don't Wait until it finishes)
        • Else
          • Variable - Set Counter = (Counter + 1)
      • Trigger - Run Units to Building (Check Conditions, Don't Wait until it finishes)

Trigger:
  • Spawn
    • Events
    • Local Variables
      • I = 0 <Integer>
      • Wave = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>
      • PlayerCount = 0 <Integer>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Variable - Set I = 0
      • Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in (Entire map) owned by player Any Player matching Required: Structure, Heroic; Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Variable - Set Building Locations<i> = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Variable - Set BuildingTypes<i> = (Unit type of (Picked unit))
          • Variable - Set Building Owner<i> = (Owner of (Picked unit))
          • Variable - Set Building Count = (Building Count + 1)
            • If
              • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Rebel (Structure)
            • Then
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
              • Unit - Create 1 Rebel (Unit) for player (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Building Locations<i> facing (Position of Dynamic Creep Blocker 1x1 [72.50, 23.50]) (No Options)
            • Else
              • //Do Nothing
            • If
              • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Firebat (Structure)
            • Then
              • Unit - Create 1 Firebat (Unit) for player (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Building Locations<i> facing (Position of Dynamic Creep Blocker 1x1 [72.50, 23.50]) (No Options)
            • Else
              • //Do Nothing
            • If
              • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Raider (structure)
            • Then
              • Unit - Create 1 Raider (Unit) for player (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Building Locations<i> facing (Position of Dynamic Creep Blocker 1x1 [72.50, 23.50]) (No Options)
            • Else
              • //Do Nothing
          • Variable - Set I = (I + 1)
      • General - For each integer PlayerCount from 0 to 9 with increment 1, do (Actions)
        • Actions
            • If
              • And
                • Conditions
                  • (Status of player (PlayerCount + 1)) == Playing
                  • (Controller of player (PlayerCount + 1)) != Computer
            • Then
                • If
                  • (Picked integer) &lt;= 4
                • Then
                  • Unit - Create 10 Waves[WaveNumber] for player 10 at (Center of Player Spawn Locations[PlayerCount]) using point facing (No Options)
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Last created units) and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
                      • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Wave
                      • Unit - Order all units in Wave to ( Attack targeting Waypoint 1[PlayerCount]) (Replace Existing Orders)
                  • Variable - Set PlayerCount = (PlayerCount + 1)
                • Else
                  • Unit - Create 10 Waves[WaveNumber] for player 5 at (Center of Player Spawn Locations[PlayerCount]) using point facing (No Options)
                  • Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Last created units) and do (Actions)
                    • Actions
                      • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Wave
                      • Unit - Order all units in Wave to ( Attack targeting Waypoint 1[PlayerCount]) (Replace Existing Orders)
                  • Variable - Set PlayerCount = (PlayerCount + 1)
                • If
                  • PlayerCount == 10
                • Then
                  • Variable - Set PlayerCount = 0
                • Else
                  • //Do Nothing
            • Else
              • //Do Nothing
      • Variable - Set WaveNumber = (WaveNumber + 1)
      • Variable - Set Flag = 1</i></i></i></i></i></i>

Trigger:
  • Units to Building
    • Events
    • Local Variables
      • For Loop Counter = 0 &lt;Integer&gt;
    • Conditions
      • Flag == 1
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in (Entire map) owned by player Any Player matching Required: Structure, Heroic; Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
        • Actions
            • If
              • Or
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Rebel (Unit)
                  • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Firebat (Unit)
                  • (Unit type of (Picked unit)) == Raider (Unit)
            • Then
            • Else
      • General - For each integer For Loop Counter from 0 to Building Count with increment 1, do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 BuildingTypes[For Loop Counter] for player Building Owner[For Loop Counter] at Building Locations[For Loop Counter] facing 90.0 degrees (No Options)
      • Variable - Set Flag = 0

Yes I realize that this triggers require cleaning and pruning but as it stands now I'm trying to get them to work. I'll worry about optimizing later after they do work, but do fill free to point out anything that could optimize them as it would make my job easier later on^.^

Thanks in advance <3
+rep

EDIT: Added Screen Shot of error

Attachments

• error.bmp
    186.8 KB · Views: 208

eXirrah

Reaction score
Unit - Create 1 BuildingTypes[For Loop Counter] for player Building Owner[For Loop Counter] at Building Locations[For Loop Counter] facing 90.0 degrees (No Options)

I believe that there is something wrong with the array BuildingTypes[]. There is probably a value in the array that the game doesn't understand and that's why it pops the error.

I advise you to verify if the indexes check out, cause I see you are using a loop and most times when an error occurs while looping through an array the problem is the indexes.

Hint: Human starts counting from 1 while computers from 0, try setting the loop from 0 to BuildingCount-1 and see if the error pops again, if not and everything works fine then probably that was the problem.

As for the firebats problem... Try going through every line of the triggers again and try to find the mistake (if there is one) I hardly have the time to reconnect the triggers and find it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.