[Need]Hero - Ideas

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Furby, I am currently working on a spell pack. The spells are all similar to the hero I mentioned above, but they contain special effects.

There will be four spells, and you can modify them to add in levels.

Do you want it?

I'll check. :) I'll see. ;)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Turle.gif
Name: Snapjaw Turtle
Proper Name: Chomp
Model File: Dragon Turtle
Attack Range: 100 (Melee)
Attributes:
Strength = High
Agility = Medium
Intelligence = Low
Skills:

BTNImprovedCreatureCarapace.png

Roll (Active, target point)
Chomp retracts his fragile body into his hard shell and hurls himself towards the target point. As he violently rolls and shoves towards his destination, he bumps all enemies in his wake aside. Chops is invulnerable while rolling.

Level 1 - Pushed enemies take 90 damage and are stunned for 0.4 second.
Level 2 - Pushed enemies take 150 damage and are stunned for 0.6 second.
Level 3 - Pushed enemies take 210 damage and are stunned for 0.8 second.
Level 4 - Pushed enemies take 270 damage and are stunned for 1.0 second.

Manacost: 90/100/110/120 mana
Cooldown: 20/17/14/11 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/instant/instant/instant
Casting Range: 450/550/650/750 range

BTNDevour.png

Crushing Jaws (Passive)
Chomps massive jaws are more powerful than any weapon. Enemies caught in a well-aimed bite are crushed and severely crippled. When an enemy is affected by Crushing Jaws for a second time in 6 seconds, he is stunned for 2 seconds rather than crippled. The stun cannot occur more than once ever 4 seconds.

Level 1 - 15% chance. Deals 30 bonus damage and slows by 15% for 2 seconds.
Level 2 - 18% chance. Deals 50 bonus damage and slows by 25% for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - 21% chance. Deals 70 bonus damage and slows by 35% for 2 seconds.
Level 4 - 25% chance. Deals 90 bonus damage and slows by 45% for 2 seconds.

Manacost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
Casting Time: N/A
Casting Range: N/A

BTNImprovedReinforcedHides.png

Shelter (Activate, deactivate)
Chomp hides inside his thick shell, greatly reducing all incoming damage. Though he can cast spells while sheltering, his movement and attack are completely disabled. Rolls effect is increased while sheltering.

Level 1 - -15 to incoming damage, -20% to incoming spelldamage. +20 damage and 0.1 second stun to roll.
Level 2 - -30 to incoming damage, -40% to incoming spelldamage. +40 damage and 0.2 second stun to roll.
Level 3 - -45 to incoming damage, -60% to incoming spelldamage. +60 damage and 0.3 second stun to roll.
Level 4 - -60 to incoming damage, -80% to incoming spelldamage. +80 damage and 0.4 second stun to roll.

Manacost: 0/0/0/0 mana
Cooldown: 4/3/2/1 second
Casting Range: N/A

INV_Elemental_Primal_Mana.png

Drowning Pool (Active, no target)
Chomp uses nothing but mana to generate water inside his shell and pour it all out, causing the ground around him to turn all wet and soggy. He turns the ground in a radius around him into a drowning pool for 10 seconds, which slows, drown, and eventually holds enemy units unfortunate enough to be caught in it.

Level 1 - Slows all enemies by 30% and another 10% for each succesive second they remain in the pool and deals 30 damage per second. Enemies with 100% slow take 50.
Level 2 - Slows all enemies by 40% and another 10% for each succesive second they remain in the pool and deals 50 damage per second. Enemies with 100% slow take 70.
Level 3 - Slows all enemies by 50% and another 10% for each succesive second they remain in the pool and deals 70 damage per second. Enemies with 100% slow take 90.

Manacost: 180/220/260 mana
Cooldown: 90/90/90 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/Instant/Instant
Casting Range: 400/500/600 radius

Note: Obviously, enemies with 100% slow are completely immobilized. Succesive second means leaving the pool and reentering it resets the slow.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well, sorry i'm not posting icons and stuff, but i'll let you figure out what works for you in the art section ^^

Also i didn't read the whole thread, so i hope an idea like this hasn't been taking if yes, x(

Name:Speed Warrior
Proper Name:Namira Shadoweave
Model:Warden
Attack Range: Melee
Primary Attribute: Agility
Progression per level: High Agi, Middle-low Strength, Middle Intelligence

Abilities:

Quick Strike/Active Ability​

Namira disappears in a flash and appears behind the targeted unit, slashing it with her blade? (What the hell is that thing called? xD) And then reappers back at her original location. Deals x Damage.

Illusionary(I suck at spelling sorry! x< ) movement/Active Ability​

With her amazing speed, Namira seems to be at more places at once. Creates x illusions that die on hit and deal no damage. Creates an additional illusion for every x points of movement speed beyond y (her starting move speed).

Athletic Prowess/Passive Ability​

Namira is trained to fight with speed and speed alone, improving her Agility by x points and movement speed by y points.

Relentless Assault/Ultimate/Active Ability​

Namira uses her masterfull athletic prowess and speed to Relentlessly attack a unit with Quick Strike. She strikes x times + once for every y Dexterity. She is so fast while assaulting that no one can touch her, but after this she looses z movement speed for r seconds, due to exhaustion.

Basically her ultimate skill uses Quick Strike Constantly, except she should be teleported in a random direction instead of just back to her original place.

The x, y, z, r are variables that change per level and are yours to decide when balance is concerned ^^

Hope you like the hero, hopefully the abilities aren't too hard to make, and the hero will be able to fit in your map ^^ I tried linking them all together somehow as you said you wanted Combo Skills, also reply if you like or not please ^^

avalya

Reaction score
I really liked yours, sjakie, though you might want to make a pretty huge armor bonus and spell immunity while Rolling instead of complete immunity (+50 armor or something and 100% spell immunity), the ultimate sounds interesting and I like it, I am actually thinking of making a turtle hero for my own AOS (which will not make any progress any time soon due to the completely discontinued mac WE) and if you don't mind I'd like to use some inspiration from your hero, please. :)

Furby

Reaction score
Sorry ToolTipError, but I'm doin my map in vJass and those are really 10 lines codes. ^^

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
How about a double-edged hero?

Name:Jouster
Proper Name:Cpt. Falkner
Model:Knight
Attack Range: Melee
Primary Attribute: Strength
Progression per level: Middle-High Strength, Middle Agility, Middle-Low Intelligence

Abilities:

Joust/Active​

Falkner takes charge and races at full speed onto his target, impaling it and trampling any units that get in between. However, if the target is fast enough to get out of the way, Falkner will miss and will take x seconds to stop. If he hits another obstacle that is not a unit he himself will take y damage and get stunned for z seconds. Damage is based on how much Falkner charged before he hit the target, and he stuns the target for r seconds if he hits. Units that get in between the Target and Falkner are pushed aside and trampled by Falkner's horse dealing p amount of damage.

Heh, complicated and LONG, hopefully you would be able to shorten it. Basically the Knight has about 0.5 seconds delay (Hopefully you can make him rise up on the horses back legs) before he gains maximum movement speed and no collision, but you can't stop him and move him in any way once the charge starts. Any units in the way between the target and Falkner are knocked back (aside) and take a small amount of damage. If the target dodges more then about 20-30 degrees in front of the Knight, he won't be able to turn (He follows the unit until this) any more and he will just head into the direction he was heading last. If he hits something he takes damage and gets stunned himself, but if there is open space he slows down and becomes controllable again. Trampling hits allies and enemies. I hope this explained it well ^^

The Jousting Way/Passive​

Falkner is trained to receive blows from the front and sides, but is vulnerable to blows from the back. Decreases damage taken from front and sides by x% while increasing the damage taken from back by y%.

Horse Kick/Passive

Whenever Falkner takes too much damage from behind, the horse will hit the unit behind with his hooves, stunning it for x seconds and dealing y damage.

Grandiose Finalle/Ultimate

If Falkner hits with Joust, he will pierce a unit while he continues his charge pushing the unit backwards. He will deal damage to the unit as he pushes it, and if he encounters an obstacle other then a unit instead of getting damaged he will deal extra damage to the unit impaled. Hitting a unit while using Grandiose Finalle will deal minor damage to the impaled unit, and deal normal trampling damage to the unit hit.

I don't know if this can be made or not, definitively needs JASS, but an interesting idea i had, maybe it can be used in your map (Saw the screenie, looks like a lot of open space hence the idea x) )

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry ToolTipError, but I'm doin my map in vJass and those are really 10 lines codes. ^^​

No Problem.

I might be writing them in JASS sometime if I ever learn it.

And why the italics? @___@

Furby

Reaction score
Try making a custom model, would work I think.

Of course that would work. But, at first, I don't model. :) and at second.. I don't want to import as few imports as possible, better none. :)

avalya

Reaction score
Well, I meant you want your heroes to be units that are already in the game files?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Since you said we could use a skin....

Click here for the model

icons_8218_btn.jpg
Name: Preserved
Proper Name: Brak'Amur
Model File: Dalaran Mutant (skin)
Attack Range: 100 (Melee)
Attributes:
Strength = High
Agility = Medium
Intelligence = Low
Skills:

BTNPhilosophersStone.png

Balsemed (Passive)
The Preserved was balsemed before he arised. This makes his body extremely durable and prevents it from completely decaying. When the Preserveds health drops below 30% of his maximum, he will take reduced damage.

Level 1 - +150 maximum health. Reduces incoming damage by 10%.
Level 2 - +250 maximum health. Reduces incoming damage by 20%.
Level 3 - +350 maximum health. Reduces incoming damage by 30%.
Level 4 - +450 maximum health. Reduces incoming damage by 40%.

Casting Time: N/A

icons_6337_btn.jpg

Shifting Sands (Active, target point)
The Preserved whips up a small, sandy whirlwind around him, damaging and slowing enemies in a 350 radius. After some short casting, he moves through the sandstorm and shifts towards an other location, triggering the same whirlwind effect again.

Level 1 - 80 damage and 15% slow for 4 seconds.
Level 2 - 120 damage and 25% slow for 4 seconds.
Level 3 - 160 damage and 35% slow for 4 seconds.
Level 4 - 200 damage and 45% slow for 4 seconds.

Manacost: 120/140/160/180 mana
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16 seconds
Casting Time: 2/2/2/2 seconds
Casting Range: 800/850/900/950 range

Note: The whirlwind can damage the same unit twice, meaning it will eventually deal 400 damage when this skill is used on the same location. The first whirlwind is instant, the second happens after the casting and the teleport.

BTNGreaterRejuvScroll.png

Mummify (Active, no target, channeling)
The Preserved shoots bandages into every direction and uses them to mummify enemies in a 400 radius. As he channels, all enemies are immobilized and take minor damage. Afterwards, they remain immobilized for some longer, depending on how long the Preserved had to mummify them. Channels up to 4 seconds.

Level 1 - 20 damage. 0.25 second hold for each second channeled afterwards.
Level 2 - 30 damage. 0.50 second hold for each second channeled afterwards.
Level 3 - 40 damage. 0.75 second hold for each second channeled afterwards.
Level 4 - 50 damage. 1.00 second hold for each second channeled afterwards.

Manacost: 150/170/190/210 mana
Cooldown: 32/32/32/32 seconds
Casting Range: 400/400/400/400 radius

BTNPlagueCloud.png

Decay (Passive)
Though he never completely rots away, the Preserved is constantly decaying. As enemies cut deeper into his rotten body, they reveal more disease-spreading flesh that brings death to those around the mummy.

Level 1 - Deals 15 damage per second +1 for every 40hp missing.
Level 2 - Deals 25 damage per second +2 for every 40hp missing.
Level 3 - Deals 35 damage per second +3 for every 40hp missing.

Casting Range: 250/300/350 radius

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Name: Paladin
Proper name: Mr. No Inspiration
Model: Paladin
Primary Attribute: Intelligence

Abilities:

Heaven's Wrath
icons_7646_btn.jpg

Calls the power of the heavens, striking the ground with holy light releasing a nova on impact, which heals allies and removes negative buffs from them, while blinding enemy units who get hit for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Heals by 100, 45% miss, 250 AoE.
Level 2 - Heals by 150, 65% miss, 300 AoE.
Level 3 - Heals by 200, 75% miss, 350 AoE.
Level 4 - Heals by 250, 85% miss, 400 AoE.

Sanctuary
icons_7938_btn.jpg

Summons a holy circle at target location. Enemy units in the circle cannot casts spells. Units outside the circle cannot attack units inside it and vice versa. Allied units have their mana regeneration increased while in the circle. Enemy units in the circle will receive damage from Heaven's Wrath.

Level 1 - +75% mana reg, lasts 6 seconds.
Level 2 - +150% mana reg, lasts 7 seconds.
Level 3 - +225% mana reg, lasts 8 seconds.
Level 4 - +300% mana reg, lasts 9 seconds.

Hammer of Justice (passive)
icons_5544_btn.jpg

Whenever paladin receives damage, he has a 20% chance to store damage taken in his hammer and deal it as bonus damage for his next few attacks. Lasts for 6 seconds or until all attacks are made. Damage is stackable, each stack increases damage by +10%.

Level 1 - For 3 attacks, stacks for up to 4 times.
Level 2 - For 3 attacks, stacks for up to 5 times.
Level 3 - For 4 attacks, stacks for up to 5 times.
Level 4 - For 5 attacks, stacks for up to 7 times.

Redemption - ultimate
icons_690_btn.jpg

The paladin prays, punishing the sinisters by releasing pulses of holy light, each pulse dealing damage in a AoE around him.
Paladin becomes magic immune while channeling. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Channeling

Level 1 - Deals 1.5x of current weapon damage in a 450 AoE, costs 40 mana/sec.
Level 2 - Deals 2x of current weapon damage in a 550 AoE, costs 50 mana/sec.
Level 3 - Deals 2.5x of current weapon damage in a 650 AoE, costs 60 mana/sec.

You may notice that the ulti has a nice synergy with Hammer of Justice, because you will also deal the stored bonus damage from the hammer.

Summoned

Reaction score
There's no reliable way of getting a unit's "attack damage". Anything, ranging from other +damage auras to items with +damage bonus, will throw all calculations off.

If anything, you'd best set the damage to a specific value, then just have it get increased based on how many stacks of that buff you have.

Furby

Reaction score
There's no reliable way of getting a unit's "attack damage". Anything, ranging from other +damage auras to items with +damage bonus, will throw all calculations off.

If anything, you'd best set the damage to a specific value, then just have it get increased based on how many stacks of that buff you have.

I can change it to intelligence. :p

Thank you guyz for ideas! +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.