• weak point

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • rain of arrows

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
and the part you say to have a passive skill, well, In my AOS all heroes have at least 4 active because I think passive are boring (like skeleton king, he's boring). so, If I give an passive skill to the amazon it would be just one.

In the spirit of honest and sincere constructive criticism...

Whether a passive skill is boring or not is personal preference. Believe it or not, some people find the Skeleton King (using your example) very fun to play.

You need to remember that some players WILL disagree with you on some aspects of your heroes and map. You can't please everyone, but you need to respect people enough to listen to them and consider implementing ideas that they have, this includes people at this forum who continue to give you excellent constructive criticism, as well as players on battle.net and elsewhere.

On the subject of passive skills, just because you don't have to hit a hotkey does not mean the hero does not take skill to play, or does not synergize with the hero's other skills. Hitting hotkeys in the right order is not what defines the awesomeness and playability of a hero.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I voted 2 only storm bolt assassinate shot because the others are very simple and other very complicated and imbalanced.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
You know mapguy, the cold truth is that if you keep on bashing people because you can't handle constructive criticism, they will ultimately start ignoring your threads.

On topic: I really like your Assassinate Shoot. The others feels like you've just put two ladder spells together or snatched the idea from another map, IMO

Jinxx

Reaction score
the nightmare of my map is a hero called puppet master, it has 4 active spells and can summon up to 3 puppets. each puppet has 2 active spell, which means, 10 active spells to be used (thats a reason why players that goes in random in my map gains an increased starting gold)

This is just bad design. Don't take this the wrong way, but all the spells ides you've mentioned in your thread have horrible synergy with each other. The point of a disabler hero or a nuker isn't to have 5,000 summons with each of them having 5,000 active skills, it's to have 2-4 really well-planned and thought out, fun and interesting abilities, that can easily mesh with each other.

Also, for you Amazon, again, horrible horrible design. Giving her 5 active skills means you're turning hero into a pseudo-nuker. Also, do you really think she'll have time to fire all 5 in the heat of battle before she's killed, or she kills her target(s)?

A much better idea would be to decide upon a theme for her (Fire/Ice/Criticals/Disabling/Whatever), and base her skillset around that, with, say, 1 auto-cast ability, 2 actives, 1 passive, and one self-buff/enemydebuff/team support ability that can (but doesn't have to) be a toggle.

As far as your "nightmare" Puppet Master is concerned, well, I think it's subpar when compared to the Puppet Master from Heroes of Newerth. Their puppet has only 3 active skills and 1 passive, yet he's so much fun to play, with each of his abilities meshing seamlessly with the rest and giving different results, depending on the situation and context you use it in!

Also, I alway keep mentioning this in similar threads, but DotA's Pudge is the epitome of perfect synergy. I'm not praising DotA (I'm not sure, but I think they ripped his spells from outside sites, since he had some shitty flies and was a pseudo-summoner before) but Pudge is really close to perfect as far as thematic skillset and ability meshing is concerned.

I'm not saying you should steal ideas, but it wouldn't hurt to check out some of the more popular AoS maps and see how they do things, at least conceptually, and then weave similar mechanics into your own AoS.

On a final note, don't lash out at the people in this forum - they're only trying to help you. If they didn't give a s**t, they'd just say "Yeah dude, great spellz, Amazon pwnz t3h n00bz wit that, yeah!"...

Cheers! :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
no matter which combination you use, you'll never get a good synergy between those spells...

for example, when you're casting explosion arrow, it's good to have enemies close to each other, but the knockback effect from arc strike completely ruins that

rain of arrows is the only one which has some (and a forced) synergy with other spells

it would be nice if you could be able to activate explosive/frost arrow abilities while channeling storm bolts (that would be a good synergy)

just an idea
your idea of using explosive arrow to make assassinate shoot is a good idea.
and you say about 100% synergy, well, in my map heroes are supposed to have only 50% synergy because I don't want them to cast ALL spells in 4 seconds and hope I deal enoght damage to the target. In this Aos battles takes a few more time Than in Dota. for example, in Dota A 1v1 fight usually takes 5 or 7 seconds to end, in my it is supposed to take more about 10 or 15 seconds.
I know some people like 100% synergy, I like too, but its hard to do a 100% synergysed hero without making him an spell spammer.
My amazon is not supposed to fire all her spells in a short interval of time, she is supposed to endure in long fight having a combination of:
long range nukes: storm of bolts.
pre-battle buffers: rain of arrows, weak point.
during battle spells: explosive arrow, frost arrow.
evasive skills: arc strike
finishing spell: assassinate shoot.
in other words heroes of my map are supposed to have some spells making them able to fight at almost any situation withou making a huge spam of spells.

You need to remember that some players WILL disagree with you on some aspects of your heroes and map. You can't please everyone, but you need to respect people enough to listen to them and consider implementing ideas that they have, this includes people at this forum who continue to give you excellent constructive criticism, as well as players on battle.net and elsewhere.

On the subject of passive skills, just because you don't have to hit a hotkey does not mean the hero does not take skill to play, or does not synergize with the hero's other skills. Hitting hotkeys in the right order is not what defines the awesomeness and playability of a hero.
I know some people will not agree with me, and sometimes I accept their criticism if I can use it for making my hero a better one.
and when I giev a lot of active spells I dont place it to be used in a right order, just at a good moment for each spell. as I said, I dont like spell spammers like:
witch doctor, akasha, lina, rilay, etc...

You know mapguy, the cold truth is that if you keep on bashing people because you can't handle constructive criticism, they will ultimately start ignoring your threads.

On topic: I really like your Assassinate Shoot. The others feels like you've just put two ladder spells together or snatched the idea from another map, IMO
well, I hope people don't ignore me, and I know (some) their criticism have a good reason (others not).

and I think the same as you, maybe people are really thinking I stole assassinate shoot from another map. But I'm saying the truth when I say that I never saw a thing like this before.

This is just bad design. Don't take this the wrong way, but all the spells ides you've mentioned in your thread have horrible synergy with each other. The point of a disabler hero or a nuker isn't to have 5,000 summons with each of them having 5,000 active skills, it's to have 2-4 really well-planned and thought out, fun and interesting abilities, that can easily mesh with each other.

Also, for you Amazon, again, horrible horrible design. Giving her 5 active skills means you're turning hero into a pseudo-nuker. Also, do you really think she'll have time to fire all 5 in the heat of battle before she's killed, or she kills her target(s)?

A much better idea would be to decide upon a theme for her (Fire/Ice/Criticals/Disabling/Whatever), and base her skillset around that, with, say, 1 auto-cast ability, 2 actives, 1 passive, and one self-buff/enemydebuff/team support ability that can (but doesn't have to) be a toggle.

I'm not saying you should steal ideas, but it wouldn't hurt to check out some of the more popular AoS maps and see how they do things, at least conceptually, and then weave similar mechanics into your own AoS.

On a final note, don't lash out at the people in this forum - they're only trying to help you. If they didn't give a s**t, they'd just say "Yeah dude, great spellz, Amazon pwnz t3h n00bz wit that, yeah!"...

Cheers! :thup:
ok, Im not lashing people, I just disagree with their ideas sometimes...

and I din't say all my heroes are like the puppeter, He the only one in my map with more than 5 active spells. the others have 3, 4 or 5.

And I'll post an EDIT with a new set of magics for the amazon, I'll make her with 4 actives and 1 passive.

you told me to copy other AOS?
I tought copying was the most terrible thing! like GOTA is a copy of DOTA.
I think that in 75% of the times the copy is worst than the original.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
you told me to copy other AOS?
I tought copying was the most terrible thing! like GOTA is a copy of DOTA.
I think that in 75% of the times the copy is worst than the original.

Did you read properly? He didn't tell you to copy. He just told you to get ideas, at least conceptually-wise, from other successful AOS maps. Read properly.

mapguy

Reaction score
Did you read properly? He didn't tell you to copy. He just told you to get ideas, at least conceptually-wise, from other successful AOS maps. Read properly.

wow, didn't read the "not"

at:

I'm not saying to stole ideas.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
well, I hope people don't ignore me, and I know (some) their criticism have a good reason (others not).

and I think the same as you, maybe people are really thinking I stole assassinate shoot from another map. But I'm saying the truth when I say that I never saw a thing like this before.

I can't blame you, with all spells/maps/ideas circulating TH, it's hard to think of ideas that hasn't already been made.

mapguy

Reaction score
I can't blame you, with all spells/maps/ideas circulating TH, it's hard to think of ideas that hasn't already been made.

yup. that`s boring.

have you read the EDITED main post?

the amazon is finished, just need comments on her.:thup:

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Ok, your finished amazon isn't too shabby. I kinda like her. I would give her 6 out of 10.

I like the passive. It synergizes really well with her other skills and also provides her with an escape mechanism, something that she was lacking before. Well done.

mapguy

Reaction score
Ok, your finished amazon isn't too shabby. I kinda like her. I would give her 6 out of 10.

I like the passive. It synergizes really well with her other skills and also provides her with an escape mechanism, something that she was lacking before. Well done.

thanks for appreciating,

play beta version

release with 10 heroes this friday, or saturday, or monday...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.