Need ideas to make a complex trigger.

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Now most of the guyz on th board are familiar with attack and damage detection systems and their traits.Well i am on the edge of making a successfull one and it is just a few triggers away from reality......

Now let me simplify this for you.....
The only limitation in any attack/damage detection system is whether the attack was made or not in the case of ranged units, if yes was the attack missed or not?

Now the evasion can be tackled by removing the evasion skill from the game and triggering one your self. (you can also trigger the evasion due to difference in cliffs and make them miss)

The only problem left is whether the projectile was launched or not?
This can be solved by one though i had in mind.
If jsut set a standard projectile speed (like 900) or even have exceptions by entering the actual speed.
And have a standard attack projectile launch delay (damage point) then we could actually detect if the projectile was launched or not.

Long story short we could have a system which actually does the following :-

1:- whenever a attack is made a timer is struck and accordingly a trigger records if any other actions (spells or stop orders) were issued to the unit during the period till the timer expires.

2:- If there were no such orders given,then we can declare the attack as successful and wait for the damage to be dealt. (Any direct damage spells like finger of death will be triggered in such a way that it wont fool the damage detection system into thinking that it was a attack damage)

So i have dealt with a system that records order ids and classifies them into spells, attack and inturrption orders (like stop, hold positions etc.)
So all that is left is a system which waits till the timer expires and checks if there have been any changes in the last order ids.

Also new suggestions to the system are welcome.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
OK, that post -really- confused me :confused: Only part I could somewhat understand was:
The only limitation in any attack/damage detection system is whether the attack was made or not in the case of ranged units, if yes was the attack missed or not?

Add a condition to your damage trigger - Real comparison (Damage taken greater than 0). If a unit evades the attack, they can't take damage (not sure how evasion/takes damage work together though)

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
OK, that post -really- confused me :confused: Only part I could somewhat understand was:

Add a condition to your damage trigger - Real comparison (Damage taken greater than 0). If a unit evades the attack, they can't take damage (not sure how evasion/takes damage work together though)

I wudnt have even asked the question if what was true.
But Blizzard coded evasion in such a way that no damage is dealt.
However,
i have seen most of the targeted spells when cast deal 0.00 damage just before the actual damage is dealt. Also damage overtime spells end with a 0.00 damage.
Can these be some how used to detect spells>?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well, I used that condition in my damage detection system, and haven't had any issues with it (from what I recall, it works fine with Evasion when I tested).

Best way to detect spells would be to work around orb effects (even though that has it's disadvantages of preventing other orbs from being used). If the target has the orb effect's buff when damaged, it has taken physical damage and the buff is immediately removed (so spells don't get a chance to fool the system). If the unit is hit by a spell, it won't have an orb effect buff.

Here's a spell I made a while ago that blocks spell damage (using my own system). Just don't steal the spell ^^

EDIT: Ignore the other spells on the hero, I deleted the triggers for those abilities. Easiest way to test is use the Barrier spell on an enemy then use Chain Lightning or Storm Bolt on it and see how much damage they take :)

Attachments

• ARCANIST test 2.w3x
    45.2 KB · Views: 77

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
This wont work if ur unit is doomed....and doom is a spell which cannot be triggered.
Still its much better than my idea..... with lesser to compermise....
Doom and orb effects are a much better deal than critical strike,bash,evasion and triggereing any dot spells and not to mention have all units the same damage point and backswing.

Will this work with barrage?
EDIT : No

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Hey dude....can i use ur system in my just in case i fail to make my own?
Obviously u'll get the credit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.