Need Simple Help

beachmonkey1

Reaction score
I feel really noobiswh to ask, but my triggers haven't been working. I need a trigger to spawn a bunch of guys on the left region of the map, and make them attack to the castle on the right side of the map, which you must defend. So like player 1 (red) is you trying to defend againt the computer (blue).

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
^ That's a good tutorial if you're making a multi-level map, but if you want something really simple, this should do:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 2 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Spawn Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 2 Rifleman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Spawn Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit Group - Order (Units in Spawn Region <gen>) to Attack-Move To (Center of Attack Region <gen>)
You'll want to change the event to whatever suits your map.

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of (region to defend))

edit: why am i never fast enough to respond, someone always gets there first, but sometimes when i ask i have to wait for a while

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Lumpy,

i think your trigger leaks, your creating more than 1 unit therefore its a unit group.
Use the For each integer from 1 to 2 instead.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
It probably does leak... I gave up on looking for leaks a long time ago. I usually don't make maps that are complicated to the point where leakage becomes an actual problem. Also, I greatly favor basic and clean code over messy and efficient code.

beachmonkey1

Reaction score
I'm still having a hard time, lol. I have 3 monsters per wave and I need them all to spawn and attack to the castle, but I don't get the variable stuff at all. Ok lets say I have footman, Knights and archers who spawn. They all spawned but only half of the footman came, and none of the others. If it helps, heres my broken trigger.
Spawn
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 30.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 3 Archer for Player 2 (Blue) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 30 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
Unit Group - Order (Units in Spawn <gen> owned by Player 2 (Blue)) to Attack-Move To (Center of Castle <gen>)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.