Need Sniper/Rifleman hero ideas

sidove

Reaction score
Hi I have run out of ideas... and really suck on ideas.. So I have this cool Sniper/Elite Rifleman hero and I'm asking you to come up with some creative juice, cuz as i said before i suck at it ... ;) Here is the model if it gives you more inspiration :http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/riflemanelite-61146/
+rep for help. And don't be shy to give me some advanced abilities just not to impossible :)

Baltazhar

Reaction score
How many abilities and levels are talking here? - I'll post some ideas once I know :)

Ticer

Reaction score
Nice model, but guess you already heard all that over at hive. Just a quick question though, what type of map are you making? Is it gonna be like rifleman wars, or whatever it's called, where one or two shots kills someone, or more like traditional warcraft 3 hero?

sidove

Reaction score
Nice model, but guess you already heard all that over at hive. Just a quick question though, what type of map are you making? Is it gonna be like rifleman wars, or whatever it's called, where one or two shots kills someone, or more like traditional warcraft 3 hero?

It's gonna be a campaign :)

Baltazhar

Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw out some ideas, it's up to you if you want to use them, use some of it or none at all.

Lock and Load - Active / 60 mana
Increases attackspeed by 15/30/45/60% for 10 seconds.
25 seconds cooldown.

Explosive Bullets - Active / 125 mana
Has a 5/10/15/20% chance of exploding killed unit, dealing 70 damage to enemy units within 125 range. Lasts 15 seconds.
40 seconds cooldown.

Survivalist - Active / 80 mana
Heals the Sniper for 100/150/200/250 health over 10 seconds. Channeling.
35 seconds cooldown.

Ambush - Active / 105 mana
The Sniper hides in a treetop, dealing 1.5/1.75/2/2.25 times damage to all targets while there. Lasts 5/8/11/14 seconds or the tree is cut down.
70 seconds cooldown.

Take Aim - Passive
The Sniper deals 0.5/1/1.5/2 times his Agility damage to targets, in addition to his normal damage.

Snipe - Active / 230 mana
The Sniper shoots the target from up to 1000/1400/1800/2200 range, dealing 0.5 x range in damage. This ability deals additional damage with Take Aim and Explosive Bullets.
60 seconds cooldown.

EDIT:
Forgot to say that I made all abilities with 4 levels, thinking you could add or cut off some depending on use.

Would like some feedback about them, can probably come up with more if needed. And if so, please give me a pointer or some examples of what you were thinking he could do :)

Ticer

Reaction score
Just some ideas:
Rapid Fire: Fire multiple bullets into a target area, the more units in the area, the more bullets that will hit targets. (kinda like multishot)

Cut and Run: Hit nearby units with the blade on your gun, dealing damage and reducing thier movement speed, giving you a chance to escape.

Steady Aim: Makes your next shot a critical strike.

Edit: ooo, just posted, then saw baltazhar's spells, his are better with alot more detail, lol.

sidove

Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw out some ideas, it's up to you if you want to use them, use some of it or none at all.

Lock and Load - Active / 60 mana
Increases attackspeed by 15/30/45/60% for 10 seconds.
25 seconds cooldown.

Explosive Bullets - Active / 125 mana
Has a 5/10/15/20% chance of exploding killed unit, dealing 70 damage to enemy units within 125 range. Lasts 15 seconds.
40 seconds cooldown.

Survivalist - Active / 80 mana
Heals the Sniper for 100/150/200/250 health over 10 seconds. Channeling.
35 seconds cooldown.

Ambush - Active / 105 mana
The Sniper hides in a treetop, dealing 1.5/1.75/2/2.25 times damage to all targets while there. Lasts 5/8/11/14 seconds or the tree is cut down.
70 seconds cooldown.

Take Aim - Passive
The Sniper deals 0.5/1/1.5/2 times his Agility damage to targets, in addition to his normal damage.

Snipe - Active / 230 mana
The Sniper shoots the target from up to 1000/1400/1800/2200 range, dealing 0.5 x range in damage. This ability deals additional damage with Take Aim and Explosive Bullets.
60 seconds cooldown.

EDIT:
Forgot to say that I made all abilities with 4 levels, thinking you could add or cut off some depending on use.

Would like some feedback about them, can probably come up with more if needed. And if so, please give me a pointer or some examples of what you were thinking he could do :)

I like Ambush it's a very original idea and sound really cool +rep!

That's the kinda spells i need original and kinda snipey :)

Baltazhar

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to come up with spells for a Sniper, as the class is used and abused over and over through the years.

I like the Ambush one best as well, since it's the most original.

Thanks for the rep.

Should I try coming up with more unique spells so it's not just a Sniper with 1 ability? :p

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Perhaps I promised more than I could deliver - My head is completely blank...
Will have to think about it for some time, I'll try to come back with some more :S

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
A sniper is supposed to be invisible,

Cover/Blend/hide - Active
The sniper blends in with the enviroment and makes him very hard for enemies to see.
While hidden you cannot move and next attack deals extra damage then you cover is blown.
Cannot be used in combat and can only be used outdoors with trees and bushes and stuff.
20 seconds cooldown.

sidove

Reaction score
A sniper is supposed to be invisible,

Cover/Blend/hide - Active
The sniper blends in with the enviroment and makes him very hard for enemies to see.
While hidden you cannot move and next attack deals extra damage then you cover is blown.
Cannot be used in combat and can only be used outdoors with trees and bushes and stuff.
20 seconds cooldown.

Ok sound pretty OK but i will edit the idea up so +repzzzzzzz

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Focus Shot - channeling
The Sniper stops and focuses on a single target, gaining full vision of it. During this he can't see anything but the target. He can then shoot the target at any time from any range dealing bonus damage. He also has a chance to headshot the target dealing even more damage. Headshot chance increases by +5% every channeled second. So if you channel for 10 seconds, you have a 50% chance to deal a critical strike.
However, sniper is very vulnerable during channel and will take 50% more damage.

Level 1 - Deals 100 bonus damage, 1.5x critical strike multiplier.
Level 2 - Deals 150 bonus damage, 2x critical strike multiplier.
Level 3 - Deals 200 bonus damage, 2.5x critical strike multiplier.
Level 4 - Deals 250 bonus damage, 3x critical strike multiplier.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Here's a few more suggestions...

Camouflage - Active / 145 mana
The Sniper camouflages himself to look like a bush. While camouflaged, he is only able to move 500/700/900/1100 range, before the camouflage wears off. While active, he can't attack or be attacked. Lasts 17 seconds or until the camouflage wears off.
50 seconds cooldown.

Scouting - Active / 50 mana
The Sniper gets visibility at the targeted point for 2/3/4/5 seconds in a 300 range area. The spell has 1500 casting range.
20 seconds cooldown.

Infiltration - Active / 110 mana
The Sniper stabs an enemy unit with his bayonet dealing 75/130/185/220 damage. If the unit dies and no other enemy units are present within 500 range, the Sniper takes on his enemy's clothes. When disguised there is a 20% chance that enemies within 200 of him discovers his identity. Attacks will break this effect. Lasts until cancelled or discovered.
70 seconds cooldown.

Plant Device - Active / 75 mana
The Sniper plants at an explosive device, setting it to blow up in 3/4/5/6 seconds. The explosion deals damage to all units within 200/225/250/275 range of it, including the Sniper himself.
25 seconds cooldown.

Overpowered - Active / 1 mana
The Sniper is overpowered and becomes permanently invulnerable. This also enables him to breath fire, shoot lazer out his eyes and fly. He instantly wins the game when this is used.
2 years cooldown.

Again, feedback is welcome. I'm just thinking up stuff and writing it down, but I hope some of it is usable.
I especially like the last ability, now THAT, is original :p

sidove

Reaction score
Here's a few more suggestions...

Camouflage - Active / 145 mana
The Sniper camouflages himself to look like a bush. While camouflaged, he is only able to move 500/700/900/1100 range, before the camouflage wears off. While active, he can't attack or be attacked. Lasts 17 seconds or until the camouflage wears off.
50 seconds cooldown.

The Sniper gets visibility at the targeted point for 2/3/4/5 seconds in a 300 range area. The spell has 1500 casting range.
20 seconds cooldown.

Infiltration - Active / 110 mana
The Sniper stabs an enemy unit with his bayonet dealing 75/130/185/220 damage. If the unit dies and no other enemy units are present within 500 range, the Sniper takes on his enemy's clothes. When disguised there is a 20% chance that enemies within 200 of him discovers his identity. Attacks will break this effect. Lasts until cancelled or discovered.
70 seconds cooldown.

Plant Device - Active / 75 mana
The Sniper plants at an explosive device, setting it to blow up in 3/4/5/6 seconds. The explosion deals damage to all units within 200/225/250/275 range of it, including the Sniper himself.
25 seconds cooldown.

Overpowered - Active / 1 mana
The Sniper is overpowered and becomes permanently invulnerable. This also enables him to breath fire, shoot lazer out his eyes and fly. He instantly wins the game when this is used.
2 years cooldown.

Again, feedback is welcome. I'm just thinking up stuff and writing it down, but I hope some of it is usable.
I especially like the last ability, now THAT, is original :p

Infiltration is nice will use that :) Owerpowered is so balanced i love it i will use it for my hero ::eek: Joking i loled in like 10 minutes when i saw it :D

I think Scout and Plant Device i a little to simple and have been used so many times before :S And i don't fully understand camofluage. But anyways +rep

And +rep for dinowc for the idea will use it too :)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Lolz, Sniper rifles have knifes? I tot only short distance rifles do... And overpowered really fits the description lolz. Ok here are some ideas. :D

Set-up - Active(partly channeling) / Mana cost : 150/300/450
The sniper sets up at a target spot in 3/2/1 seconds(channeling). When he is done setting up, He is stuck to the spot for 5/10/15 seconds. While in that position, he gains 500/1000/1500 range, 100/200/300 damage bonus and gaining 10%/20%/30% evasion but also slowing attack speed by 3%/2%/1% and amplifying damage against him by 30%/20%/10%.
Pros: More damage, more range and more evasion
Cons: Amplified damage against him, slower attack speed, stuck to the spot and takes time to set up.
CD: 30/20/10

Safe spot - Passive
When the sniper gets to an area where no units are nearby, he gains permanent invisibility. While in permanent invisibility, moving around will not break the invisibility. Units coming nearby to him will also not break the invisibility. But if he moves when nearby units are nearby, the invisibility is broken.
AoE: 150/225/300
Fade time: 3/2.25/1.5
Pros: Good escaping and ambush skill.
Cons: If units are nearby, unable to move, or invisibility will be broken, thus AoE spells will kill him.

Take aim - Active Channeling / Mana cost :
The sniper channels from wherever he is on the map on a unit. Channeling continues until it is interrupted, target gone into fog or completed. Channeling takes 15/10/5 seconds. Bonus damage 600/400/200.
Pros: Deals 200 damage per 5 seconds charge, good damage and from anywhere on the map.
Cons: At lower levels channeling time is long and is easily interrupted.
CD:35/25/15
Why I decreased damage as the level increased: Because channeling time is reduced, some make it deal less damage, and the CD is shorter, making you able to use the skill more times and harder to interrupt due to short channeling time.

Noticed all these skills dun engage in direct combat, thts wad snipers do. :D Snipers snipe from far away, killing the units without getting themselves hurt, and snipers are pretty fragile.
But I noticed tht this thread is also for rifleman so the knifes from rifles are logical. Hope this spells ideas fit ur requirement or expectations.:thup:

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
may I give my opinion about
20 seconds cooldown.

it is very unrealistic, i'd rather change it to

Far Sight Goggles - Active / 50 mana
The Sniper gets visibility in front of the sniper for 2/3/4/5 seconds in a +300 range area. 20 seconds cooldown.

Has Headshot been mentioned yet? it might not be very original but it would be an awesome spell

Headshot - Active / 50 mana
The sniper fires a deadly piercing bullet straight into the opponent's head, instantly killing it (does not affect heroes/ancients/buildings)

and that brings me to this idea:
Explosive charge - Active / 50 mana
The sniper lays down an explosive charge, allowing him to blow it up whenever he wants

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As this hero seems like an infiltrator with the Ambush and Infiltration abilities, I think I'll continue it like that.

Blinding Shot - The Sniper has specially crafted bullets that can blind enemies over a long distance. The target enemy receives no damage, but is stunned for a period of time, and the player owning the unit temporarily loses that units vision.

Harpoon Shot - The Sniper has a specially crafted harpoon that fits in his rifle. When shot at an enemy, it deals damage and knocks them back until they run into a wall or a tree. If the run into a tree, they become temporarily shackled to the tree.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Point-Blank Range (Passive)
The sniper deals more damage when he is closer to the opponent he's attacking, and deals 1.5x more damage at point blank range.

Fore-Head-Shot (Active, Target Unit)
The sniper takes aim, holds out and stops, and then aims at a target unit to shoot him at the forehead, dealing massive damage and a short stun period. When the target is moving when the sniper shoots, 50% chance will make this shot miss, so it will always hit stationary targets.

Flare Launcher (Active, Target Point)
Throws a specialized flare using a grenade launcher at a target point, revealing the area around the flare for X seconds. Cannot work on water.

Sniper Scope (Active, No Target)
The sniper takes position over his current location and crouches (stops). This renders him immobile, but he will utilize his rifle to the fullest, dealing more damage than ever before and encompassing a wider range of attack. Can be deactivated.

Looks like I have to go to bed. I'll give out more sniper abilities soon 'cause I'm a bit tired and cant give enough ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.