Need some people to test a map...

Lizidian

Reaction score
Ok so as the title explains it all I just need like 6-8 people to test a map I made...

Just post here or private message me your email address and ill send you a copy of the map...

then once you have tested it maybe you guys can give me some feedback :)

EDIT: I Added a description...

Heavenly Battle Arena 2.0

Bassically Its a giant gladiator type map with 4 teams of 2 where you have to get to 50 pts by killing the other team; all the heros are pretty balanced and each team has its own base with merchants and fountains of mana/health. Also each person has a sort of bank and gold mine where they can hire "acountants" to make them money or w/e lol...

thanks

-Lizidian

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I'll test. NP

R

Razthemapper

I'll test. We, thehelpernet people test or do we test on BNet with some of our friends?

Lizidian

Reaction score
Razthemapper said:
I'll test. We, thehelpernet people test or do we test on BNet with some of our friends?

Your choice just id rather not to many people get this version seeing as how it would be a waste of space on comp (even tho its small lol) since i will make a new verison right after i get feedback...

ill post the map in a few seconds but i discovered a bug so i have to fix it real quick lol

-----------

HERE IT IS :D

the final product...

Before you test it could you all perhaps keep in mind these things about the map...

1) What you liked?
2) What you didn't like?
3) Bugs/Problems?
4) Spelling Errors/Gramatical Errors?
5) In-Game Errors (Like the prices of items the attacks of monsters)
6) What you would like taken out?
7) What you would like implimented?
8) Anying else you can think off?

9) this is my second map with extensive triggers so um... yea it might be lame compared to some of the things youve seen but w/e lol

Thanks and ENJOY :D

Attachments

• Heavenly Battle Arena 2.0 (Protected).w3x
    57.5 KB · Views: 238

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Well at first glance I see a problem with the warden/far seer combo. The far seer could far sight an enemies base, and the warden could jump in there with blink and camp and wreak havoc and camp. Also, let's just say creator cheats are not hard to find ; ) That was single player, I'll test more on b.net...

Lizidian

Reaction score
um... lol... how the hell did you find that?

btw i think that the warden cant blink into others base cuz she cant see there... and about the far seer well i dunno lol

btw are you able to host?

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Lol, I have my sources xD Ok yea, I host, and this is the feedback / my opinion that I got.

1. Gold is too hard to get

2. A repick function

3. Custom Heroes

4. Random Events

5. Creeps too hard

6. Leveling curve is really high

7. Add a "dueling" arena that pits two random players from each team aganist each other

8. (Definately not sure about this one) I'm not sure... but I think I heard a guy complaining about creeps getting into his base. I don't know if he was just complaining or not, but that's what it sounded like.

9. The spawns that are hard to beat in the start mass. Make a trigger that detects if there are already creeps in there and if there are, don't make more.

10. Hard to level through fighting creeps

11. Terrain needs to be spruced

12. Custom summons / units

13. It stops on level 10... I don't know if you made it like this on purpose, but it was kind of annoying.

14. By the way, yes the warden CAN blink there once the seer far sights there : /

R

Razthemapper

I tested it in single player and it seemed good but the strong creeps come out too early. You should make "Satan's Followers" a higher level so everyone would know it is danger. Now for the rest:
1)I liked the terrain and you took care of lots of little bugs like enemies teleporting in your base etc. (I didn't see that)
2)I did not like the fact that gold is so hard to get. I saw that God gave me 2500 gold later in game but it was still hard to get gold for items or more accountants. 3)I spotted a small bug. In the tome shop there were two normal tomes of agility but there wasn't a X Tome of Agility.
4)Didn't find one.
5)Covered in beggining
6)I would like the Accountants taken out but I would want the creeps to be easier to kill and give more gold to cover up the "bills".
7)I would like more custom abilities implemented. (I didn't see them, maybe I missed those heroes)
8)More random events like gold could be good for this. More events but less gold on each!

Lizidian

Reaction score
Ok thanks for all your comments they will be taken into consideration especially making it so people cant get into your base (waden/far seer) and making creeps a bit weaker in the beginning. Also I will give more gold? or maybe less and fix the tome shop bug... Finally ill increase hero lvls to 50 and add some custom abilities atleast one to each hero or just make 25 custom heroes... all that might take a while but hopefully once that is all done you guyz will be able to retest... lol

thanks for your feedback

-Lizidian

M

morxel

k i just tested it.. i got really confused when i played it :confused: .. can someone explain exactly what i have to do lol?.. i went with my accountant for a bit getting gold... waiting for the creeps to load.. so i went out with my accountant but then couldnt get back to base .. so now im posting, how am i suppose to play this map?

oh also maybe you can have a little Countdown timer in top right corner, saying when Creep Wave 2 will happen.. then a new lot of creeps will spawn replacing the easier creeps (even though they are hard now) .. from what others say.. just a suggestion :)

Lizidian

Reaction score
Custom Heros and abilities...

ok so I was thinking maybe I could do custom heros and abilities but how many should i have... i was thinking 15... 5 str 5 agil 5 int?

R

Razthemapper

Yeah, could work. I always make custom heroes on my maps after I'm sure it's almost bug-free...

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
If your'e going with all custom stats, I'd definately base it on some sort of formula for balance. Like if it's an AGI hero, INT = AGI / 2.5. (Or something) Anyways, good luck with that.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Start with some custom abilitys on heros as you mentoned previously, making custom heros in large groups at a time usually ends up in a lot of bugs, erros, problems, unbalanced, really really unbalanced, and general havoc.
Keep some base heros and add one at a time, make sure they fit in and are balanced with the rest, then move onto next hero, I made a hero arena of my own a while back and faced this problem. One at a time is way easier!

Lizidian

Reaction score
Jimpy said:
Start with some custom abilitys on heros as you mentoned previously, making custom heros in large groups at a time usually ends up in a lot of bugs, erros, problems, unbalanced, really really unbalanced, and general havoc.
Keep some base heros and add one at a time, make sure they fit in and are balanced with the rest, then move onto next hero, I made a hero arena of my own a while back and faced this problem. One at a time is way easier!

yea li ke cloak master mentioned i will base it on some sort of equation to get all stats even and make the skills somewhat even as well :) any ideas for heros are welcome and expect me to ask lots of question lol...

-Lizidian

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.