Need some spell ideas for my Enchantress (Jaina model)

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
k in my map the hero has 2 evolution steps, so this hero evolve from Sorceress to Enchantress
below is the Sorceress:

[YOUTUBE]3BZxf1EC_Ds[/YOUTUBE]

i need 3 abilities for the enchantress they need to be more eye-candy than the one from video clip and more powerful
just put your ideas and i will give you +rep and if i use it you are in credits

they need to fit Jaina [animations -one of it-] they must not be using curses,darkmagic or any undead-demon-evil related spell

Thanks, from RangerX!

hopy

Reaction score
k in my map the hero has 2 evolution steps, so this hero evolve from Sorceress to Enchantress
below is the Sorceress:

i need 3 abilities for the enchantress they need to be more eye-candy than the one from video clip and more powerful
just put your ideas and i will give you +rep and if i use it you are in credits

they need to fit Jaina [animations -one of it-] they must not be using curses,darkmagic or any undead-demon-evil related spell

Thanks, from RangerX!

First of all I like the base design of the hero so far, though the movement speed seems to be increased from the standard speed, which could lead to problems combined with Invisibility and stun/freezes.

Well, for the spells... if all you want is 'improved versions with (when posible) more eye candy' it shouldn't be too hard I guess.

Invisibility:
- Maybe give the Sorceress' version a 'fade time' and remove this in the Enchanters version.
- Maybe add a stealth detection or a movement speed bonus.
- Give the red lightning attack a chance to: Stun, DoT, cause a second Lightning beam to a nearby target (one that isn't effected by the main beam).
- Add a 80% evasion during the stealth (against units that have stealth detection, still wont hit her much).

Beam stun mana prison thing:
Maybe cause some kind of magic zone around the imprissoned unit that causes enemie units to be slowed.
(how this would look: The same as it does now only with beams (like the one from the caster to the unit) to all sides. The lenght of the beams, and the area of effect of the slow depend on the distance from the Hero to the target unit.

O = target
X = Hero
- = beam
.\.|./
--O--
./.|.\
...X
The range from the hero to the target unit (the range from X to O) is (example:) 400, so the area of effect of the slow (and the lenght of the beams) would be 400 range to all sides.

Cone of Frost:
Again, multiple options herre:
- It's frost, it could cause a slowing effect.
- Increase the width of the cone, and the range.
- Cause it to freeze the ground slowing units that walk on it.
- Cause frost explosions at the end of each bolt that deal damage? Maybe freeze units in a cube of ice.
- Cause the bolts to home to a different unit (different from the target) afther they've reached the final area.

Just some ideas there, tried to focus mainly on reducing speed, evading attacks and all that while still being able to deal enough damage. So basicly a caster.

Let me know what you think.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
awesome :) i like them :) thanks +rep [don't know if i will use but if used you are in credits

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You're making an Enchantress. You need to have some sort of enchant ability. Maybe make a stacking intellect buff.

Spell Bound Armor:
> The Enchantress temporarily enchants her armor to increase her intelligence by #, stacking.

Static Mirror Image:
> The Enchantress creates images of herself. When an image is struck, it diffuses into more images.

Explosive Blink:
> The Enchantress blinks to the target and explodes a wave of arcane around her, pushing back all of her enemies.

An Enchantress sounds most like an arcane mage in my opinion. So these abilities seem to fit her title.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
How about one from Glenphirs spell request thread, its called Dark Blessing.

Bless of Darkness

Description: The Sorceress always kills masses of units. When she have killed 100 units in a row withount dying, she creates a pentagram that deal 5 damage every 0.50 seconds to units in it. After 25 seconds it explodes dealing 250 damage in it.

Just one level. So maybe an ultimate? *Notes - Give credit to The guy that requested it, cant remember his name right now, and to Glenphir, not to me

Level 1: Deals 5 Damage every 0.50 second. Explode dealing 250 damage

heres the link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147317

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some ideas as well.

Firstly, I thought the net thing with the mana drain lightning effect was kinda cool, but the effect didn't really seem to fit the cause. It looks like the unit is draining mana from the ground o.o
Fiery Enchantment
Fires 8 fire enchanted nets in a circle around the Enchantress, which binds the unit to the ground upon impact. The unit takes fire damage over time and explodes upon death if the unit dies under the effect of the buff. It'll also release a flame wave which explodes on impact and damage units in a 300 AOE of the impact.

Now eye-candies ^^
The nets should be something red/orange, like lightning shooting outwards, and when the unit is binded, it should be like shackle(or something like that), the orange binding effect. And there should be fiery effects on the unit that's binded.
If theu nit dies during the buff, it explodes and basically a flame wave is released from the position of the unit, like flame balls and upon impact it sort of burst dealing instant damage and knocking units back. Like this spell, flamebreak, except it's 8 of them shooting out in a circle.

Next, What is an enchantress not being able to enchant units/animals?
Charm
The Enchantress enchants a unit and will be immobilized until the unit dies or gets removed, the unit will be controlled by the Enchantress for 10 seconds before it's removed. During this period of time, the unit will have all abilities removed and learn new ones. (In other words this spell turns a unit into some sort of salvage beast, retaining its model, health and mana. So whatever unit you enchant, it'll still have the same 4 abilities.)
The Enchantress should be paused, and the effect is like mana draining the enchanted unit.

Ability #1 - Frost burst
Having being enchanted, the unit's power has gone beyond its limit sending pulses of ice in a circle which damages and slows nearby units every second.
The missile should be a blue line with a curve end, and a lot of them enough to form a circle around the unit. Units that are affected by this should have frost nova casted on them, with the effects and buffs etc.
Like Shiva's guard.

Ability #2 - Charge
The unit charges to the target, with his shadow left behind (Lasting for about 1-2 seconds each) and when it reaches, the unit spawns 3 images which is uncontrollable and ordered to attack the target only. The target gets stunned for 2 seconds.

Shadow image Effect:
rkshadowimage.jpg

Something like:
o = unit
x = image
.. = empty space
o
x o
x x o
x x x o
.. x x x o
.. .. x x x o

Ability #3 - Soul Tap
Instantly kills itself and gives 50% of its remaining health and mana to the Enchantress.

Effect - The soul leaves the unit as it dies and is transferred to the enchantress, giving the enchantress a healing effect.

Ability #4 - Battle roar
Taunts all units in an AOE(Slightly bigger than frost burst aoe) around the caster, forcing them to attack the caster. Example: Berserker's call

Hope you like my ideas :thup:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Mana Flux - Target Point
The Enchantress manipulates the mana of all enemies within X range. Y% of every enemy's mana is lost, including the Enchantress' mana. The multiple ball of mana travels toward the target point. When all of them reaches the target point, arcane energy is unleashed, dealing damage equal to all of the mana drained, to all enemy units within Z range.

Distortion Field - Unit Target
Causes a distortion in X area around the targeted unit. Any damage taken within the X area is nullified and re-directed to the target (in a form of projectile, not instantly). However, as the arcane energy travels further (the projectile), its power gradually diffuses into the surrounding, becoming weaker. Every A second causes B% reduction in re-directed damage. All the lost power is instead, equally distributed throughout X area, restoring all hero's (enemy or allies) mana. Distortion Field lasts Y seconds.

Arcane Prison - Unit Target
Utilizing the essence of her arcane abilities, the Enchantress traps an enemy target in an arcane prison, making it unable to move for X seconds. The Arcane Prison can obtain more energy to maintain itself for a longer period of time. With any spells cast within Y area of the prison-ed unit, the mana cost of the spell is absorbed by the prison. Every Y mana absorbed increases the duration of the prison by Z seconds. Maximum of W extra duration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.