Need Spell idea . . .

M0RBiD

Reaction score
hi all
has just creat a map that have archers fighting eeach other . . .
and thay have a shooting arrow ability . . .
i made a shop that sells difrent type of arrows :
fire arrow , ice arrow , lightning arrow , water arrow , dark arrow , light arrow , blood arrow
but the problem is that i have no idea for what these elemental arrows should do . . .
any good idea = + rep . . .

agin and agin sry for my bad engilish :eek: . . .

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Maybe Nature and Poison Arrows too?

Fire - Damage over time gets old maybe burn down trees?

Ice - Slow and freeze are over done. Slippery terrain makes target slide uncontrolled

WIll post as i think of them.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Fire - deals AoE damage and burns enemy units
Ice - deals damage and stackable slow; when the unit is slowed to a certain move speed, it causes frostbite, freezing him and dealing DoT
Lightning - damages and causes the target to become electrified, damaging and stunning nearby enemy units after 3 seconds
Water - deals high damage and knocks the target back
Dark - deals damage and causes the unit to become haunted for 10 seconds; haunted unit will have it's illusion created next to him every 5 seconds that deals 200% damage and will attack the target once before it disappears
Light - deals damage and makes you invulnerable to target's attacks for 2 seconds; cannot occur more than once within 5 seconds
Blood - deals damage + 5% of target's max hp; the attacker is healed by those 5%

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
How about also making them interact, like, light arrow deals extra damage to an archer that is presently equipping dark arrows...

hopy

Reaction score
I take it this is a team play map?

Fire - deals AoE damage and burns enemy units
Ice - Deals damage and stackable slow; when the unit is slowed to a certain move speed, it causes frostbite, freezing him and dealing DoT.
Lightning - damages and causes the target to become electrified, damaging and stunning nearby enemy units after 3 seconds
Water - deals high damage and knocks the target back
Dark - deals damage and causes the unit to become haunted for 10 seconds; haunted unit will have it's illusion created next to him every 5 seconds that deals 200% damage and will attack the target once before it disappears
Light - deals damage and makes you invulnerable to target's attacks for 2 seconds; cannot occur more than once within 5 seconds
Blood - deals damage + 5% of target's max hp; the attacker is healed by those 5%

These are some nice ideas there. :) I'll use these ideas for my 'elemental combination arrows', see below. :D
Only problem is the 5% of blood should be nerfed I think. And keep in mind that a 100% chance 3 second stun on a 1-3 second attack speed ranged attack... well...

How about also making them interact, like, light arrow deals extra damage to an archer that is presently equipping dark arrows...

Combining arrows would be better in my oppinion, since it's difficult to tell if your target has a certain type of arrows equiped (in game I mean). Combining your own elements allows the player to actually choose himself what bonusses he'd like to have, rather then making this more of a luck based something.

Personally I find this a nice idea, something new to the old recepie systems. :D
Fire + Ice = Frostfire Arrow: When attacking this Slows a target (Not stackable) as well minor area of effect damage. Every 3rd attack will cause a Brain Freeze, dealing high damage to the target but removing the slow.
Fire + Lightning = Energie Arrows: Dealing 2 extra damage on attack. Every attack dealt to the same target increases the bonus damage by 2. (so attack 1: 2 extra damage. Attack 2: 4 extra damage. Attack 3: 6 extra damage).
Fire + Water = Lava Flow Arrows: Causes a line of flames between the attacked, and the attacking unit dealing damage on units standing in those flames.
Fire + Dark = Shadowflame Arrows: Causes a damage over time effect on the target unit, every attack on a target with the Shadowflame Debuff will cause the damage over time effect to spread to 1 nearby unit.
Fire + Light = Arrows of Blazing Light: Dealing high damage on attack and blinds the target for 2 seconds decreasing the chance to hit on attack by 40%.
Fire + Blood = Arrows of Living Flames: Every 2 attacks on the same target cause a Living Flame to spawn (+-40 health) that can attack nearby units dealing small area of effect damage.

Ice + Lightning = Brain Freeze Arrows: Causes high damage on attack and stops the mana regeneration of the target unit for 20 seconds.
Ice + Water = Frozen Lake Arrows: When an unit is attacked by a hero with this arrow equiped the ground around the target will be frozen, slowing all units standing in it.
Ice + Dark = Ice Age Arrows: Causes attacks to slow the targets movement speed by 15% stacking 2 times (maximum of 30%), the 3rd attack (same target) will remove the slow, but freeze the target in a block of ice, making it unable to move or act. Any attack will break the ice, freeing it again.
Ice + Light = Arrows of Mirroring Ice: Causes extra damage on attack and places the 'Mirroring Ice' debuff on the target. The debuff decreases the chance to hit by 20% and causes 15% of the damage done by the debuffed unit to reflect back.
Ice + Blood = Arrows of Freezing Blood: Causes different parts of the target units body to freeze. When attacked a unit gets one of these 3 effects: '1: Causes the target to be unable to move', 'Increases the time between attacks for the attacked unit by 100%', or 'Silences the target for 3 seconds'. Whenever the unit is attacked again (by the same Archer ofcourse) the effect is replaced and the unit will get a new effect, and the old effect will be replaced (so it's imposible to be unable to move AND silenced by this arrow at the same time).

Lightning + Water = Lightning Flow Arrows: Attacks on a target will cause a Chain Lightning effect to cause damage to another nearby unit.
Lightning + Dark = Dark Energie Arrow: Causes the attacked unit to be pushed back a short distance on attack, and has a 20% chance to silence the target for 4 seconds.
Lightning + Light = Pure Energie Arrow: Causes attacks to drain 20 mana and adds that mana to the attacking hero. If the target unit doesn't have any mana left (less then 20 mana) health will be drained instead. (since Archers are usually agility units, who don't have a lot of mana, this causes the attacking hero to have a lot more mana and the attacked hero to run out of mana really fast. This is stronger then you'd expect normally :p).
Lightning + Blood = Arrows of Linked Life: Causes the attacked archer to be linked the the attacking archer. Whenever the attacked archer attacks the attacking archer 10% of the damage will be reflected. (This is confusing so: 'Archer 1' attacks 'Archer 2', 'Archer 2' gets a debuff. When 'Archer 2' attacks 'Archer 1' while 'Archer 2' has the debuff 10% of the damage done by 'Archer 2' is reflected back to 'Archer 2'.

Water + Dark = Shadow Wave Arrows: Causes extra damage to the target unit, and causes 20% of the damage done by the Archer to also deal damage in the line between the Archer and it's target. (20% of the hero's damage done is like a Shockwave, dealing damage to units standing between the Archer and it's target).
Water + Light = Arrows of Purifying Water: Dealing extra damage on attack and healing your nearby friendly units by 1% of the attacked units health.
Water + Blood = Wounding Arrows: When attacked a unit will bleed getting damage over time, the blood atracts Blood Larves. Spawns random 1-5 Blood Larves (1 health, 1 damage) everytime the bleeding effect deals damage.

Dark + Light = Shadow Arrows (light makes shadows, don't belive me? Turn on the lights): Causes every attack to silence the target for 1 second, and spawn a 20 health shadow of the target unit (lasting 10 seconds maximum), dealing 10% of the target units damage on attack.
Dark + Blood = Arrows of Corrupted Blood: Deals damage equal to 5% of the targets maximum health, as well as dealing an additional 3% of the units maximum health as damage spread over nearby enemie units (not the main target ofcourse).

Light + Blood = Arrows of Renewed Life: Deals damage equal to 4% of the targets maximum health, as well as dealing an additional 4% of the units maximum health as healing spread over nearby friendly units (not the main target ofcourse).

You should, ofcourse, change all the numbers for balancing. The numbers I've been using have mainly been made with a melee map in mind.

Let me know what you think, and I'll come up with more ideas if you like it but need something else.
Making this list was a lot of work, and I will cry if you don't like it and it doesn't get atleast 20 rep+. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.