Need story/idea help for my rpg im working on

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Ya the title basically explains it, so here's the story, first of all:
Ages ago, their was a great sorceror, WolSHaman, who was so powerful his staff could create beings from dust and his amulet could control the weather and could call down great calamities. These items, in the hands of powerful wizards, have the ability to destroy and reshape the world. And the sorceror did just that. Using his powers, he sent his forces down upon the land of Ertria. He was so powerful no being on the planet could contain his genocidal mania, so he destroyed almost all life on Ertria. However, he grew overconfident, and one day, he summoned just a few troops to many. They fell outside of his formidable mental control and they rebelled against him. In order to avoid being killed at the hands of his followers, he took his officers and fled to an alternate dimension, where he waits, raising an army and imbuing them with powerful magical abiltiies. However, progress is slow, as he was in such a hurry to flee that he left behind his staff and amulet, but he has had millenia to create an army, and he has learned to rule over them as a god, and he only had to assert direct mental control over his most powerful creatures and officers.

Much later, life began to recover, and, cut off from his support, WolSHaman's presence on Ertria died and knowledge of his presence passed on and was forgotten. Soon, A great order came about, teaching peace and tolerance, and the planet thrived for many millenia. However, one day a powerful spirit came, and it found an ancient device used by WolSHaman to maintain control over his creatures. The spirit possessed this device and called out, it called out to the poor and impoverished who had no hope, it called to the necromancers, the demons, the spiders, it called out to all those who were rejected and disillusioned to the holy order. With all these creatures, it challenged the holy order, and brought them to their knees. However, the holy order in their desperatio n launched a final assault on the area where the device was held, and a high priest was able to exorcise the evil spirit. After this, evil could not organize itself effectively and they started killing each other, except for the necromancers, the only sentient beings, who maintained limited control over areas of corruption and evil, but nowhere near enough to fully overthrow the holy empire. Now an uneasy standstill exists between the forces of good and evil exists. The forces of evil know that if they regain control of the artifact, they can win the war, and the forces of good know that they can never use it after it was tainted, but none of their weapons are capable of destroying it. However, recently rumors have circulated. These rumors speak of a long gone sorceror who left behind powerful artifacts, artifacts so powerful that they could break the standstill, and turn the tide of war. However, what the people of Ertria do not know is that these artifacts are bound to the great WolSHaman, and that wielding their power attracts him, and increases his hatred for the world of Ertria. WolSHaman is almost ready to again attempt genocide, and none are even aware of it.
This might have a few holes in it, and that's a bad thing, so if you spot any please inform me.
Now, here's some of the things that will be in this RPG:
-jobs- usual stuff from Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre: The knight of Lodis
-all players start as good, but have the option of turning bad depending on how they complete certain quests and how they treat the authorities.
-there's going to be quests that can be completed in a few ways, to align oneself with good or evil
-two very powerful weapons exist: the staff and amulet of the great WolSHaman (ego much?) However, whoever wields these will periodically be attacked by servants of WolSHaman, and any time either of these are used it will also spawn servants to attack. If one person carries both the staff and amulet at the same time, the guards attack faster and in greater numbers. Using the artifacts to much, or holding them for to long gives WolSHaman the final strength he needs to invade the land of Etria, but he can be fought off at higher levels, unless he regains possession of the items, in which case both sides lose.
-Evil can win by killing the Holy Order's high priest and king, and Good can win by killing the bad guys head necromancer, or using the staff or amulet of WolSHaman to destroy the mind control device.
-Evil can possess the mind control device. If done, the player who does it loses their hero, and gains control of all the bad guys on the map.
-When you die, a priest or acolyte spawns to revive you, and also players can revive people from both sides. If a person on the opposing team is revived, they switch sides

That's all for now. I'm not sure if I'll finish this or not, but to help it would be nice if people here could periodically IM me. If this map sounds interesting to you, it would be nice if you could help IM me on occasion to remind me to work on the map. PM me if this idea sounds interesting and you'd be willing to IM me to get me to work on the map. That's all for now. Please critique the story and post any ideas for the map that you think might help make it better. Thanks!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice story... so it's a 3 way war like AvP lol: WolSHaman guy, evil, and good? This seems interesting, by the way you described the map. But did you already start it? I like how you can turn good or bad by your own choice by playing, not just selecting a team.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Nice story... so it's a 3 way war like AvP lol: WolSHaman guy, evil, and good? This seems interesting, by the way you described the map. But did you already start it? I like how you can turn good or bad by your own choice by playing, not just selecting a team.

Yes I just started, and you start good, so being good isn't exactly hard, but for some examples of how you can turn bad is if you attack the holy order's troops and units to much, or if you get a quest to say free a woman from some ogres but instead you kill her and loot the ogre cave, that turns you against the good guys, and if you do enough stuff like this you get exiled, and then you have to find a base owned by the bad guys and do a loyalty oath making it so that you can't attack them. In other words once you go evil you can't go back, unless revived by a priest on the good side.

Oh, and I'm remaining optimistic that I might be able to finish it, or at least get reasonably far, because I'm finally learning to fight the allure of the internets/checking my facebook once a minute, constantly checking for new posts on thehelper etc.

Gev

Reaction score
:) thont be offend but i think that maps of compain stile is not so good.
For exampel im olweys tryung to create maps in stile PVP.
I have other map based on wld and good game Commandos but iI have created it onli for my interess.I think PVP is most wanted stile. Good luck. :)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
:) thont be offend but i think that maps of compain stile is not so good.
For exampel im olweys tryung to create maps in stile PVP.
I have other map based on wld and good game Commandos but iI have created it onli for my interess.I think PVP is most wanted stile. Good luck. :)

Uh... this died awhile ago... don't necromancerize dead threads...

Gev

Reaction score
So how about Commandos have you played it.
I worked lott of time it wision. that is the vision taht soldiers can see you. if you standing behind them they cant see you :p

Gev

Reaction score
What What?

I have created a map based on old game named Commandos and have worked on soldiers wision very long time. The vision is the territory that soldiers mey se you and that vision only in front of soldiers, if you stand behind of them tey wouldn se you.:p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uh Gev... what does Commandos and customized vision have to do with this map?

Start a new thread so you can tell us about your map. :) We'd be happy to hear about it. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.