Need suggestions for my map

B

BlackAlpha

I need suggestions on how to improve my map. I'm totally out of idea's.

Heres a short description of the map:
There are 2 teams, red and blue. It's a capture the flag type of game. Everybody is a sniper which kills with 1 hit. To shoot you have to press the attack ground button then click where you want to shoot.

Download the map here.

Latest version is 1.14.

Mind

Reaction score
Amazing! I found only one single flaw: It doesn't work.

Forgive my cynicism.

Attachments

• Critical Error.pdf
    283.8 KB · Views: 214
B

BlackAlpha

It works for me. Redownload it, maybe the file was corrupt. I just found a very horrible bug, I forgot to change the version ingame to 1.08. So I've uploaded it again.

By the way, what kind of window is that? I've never seen that before.

Nevermind, I just noticed that it's a mac, right?

Mind

Reaction score
Your map is of considerable quality, in my opinion. If this is your first map, it's very impressive. It is, however, still rather unfinished; It could use some more work.

There is only one neutral building in the map. While these can be easily placed on the map, they often increase the quality of the game significantly.

The ability tooltips are incomplete: You can't read the properties of the hero abilities before learning them.

The terrain is moderately varied, but has no rivers or lakes, which could be interesting. Also, I recommend enabling the players to walk on the cliffs.

There are rather few triggers: There are no special events.

Also, creep camps could make the long march towards the enemy less tedious.

Usually, the word "Hint" in hint messages is written in solid green. To cause text to turn green, use this color code: |cff32cd32TEKST|r. Also, you accidentally forgot to type a space between the words "in" and "front" in the first hint message.

B

BlackAlpha

Thanks, this is my 3rd map. But the first map that is decent in my opinion.

I'll change the terrain and the tooltips but what do you mean with the special events and neutral buildings?

I don't think I'll be adding creeps because I don't see how they would fit into the map.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Ideas for your map
(havent had time to play it yet, i will probally have some tonight)

Im not sure if you have this or not but if you do, you can just ignore it.

First blood -Displays the first person killed and gives extra gold to the killer
Double and Triple kill - Kills 2,3 units in a short amount of time for extra gold.

Weather effects, causes your heros to be weaker/stronger due to the weather state.

Mind

Reaction score
Neutral buildings include Fountains of Mana, Goblin Merchants, Mercenary Camps, et cetera.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
Im not sure if you have this or not but if you do, you can just ignore it.

First blood -Displays the first person killed and gives extra gold to the killer
Double and Triple kill - Kills 2,3 units in a short amount of time for extra gold.

LOL what is this a mix of halo and unreal tournament? :D anyway i shall test tonight

B

BlackAlpha

I tried to create the double/tripple kill things but it didn't work. If any one knows how to get it to work please tell me.

Nevermind I figured out how to make it work! Now if I only had the Unreal Tournament announcement sounds...

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
BlackAlpha said:
I tried to create the double/tripple kill things but it didn't work. If any one knows how to get it to work please tell me.

Nevermind I figured out how to make it work! Now if I only had the Unreal Tournament announcement sounds...

if you can wait untill around 8 tonight i may be able to get them for you

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Heres how i would do the first blood/double kill/triple kill system. I dont have the sounds for them so you will have to do some searching or another nice guy, like me :p, might give you em.

Kill Count
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
-------- Comment: You will need another trigger that resets Integer_Kill_Counter to 0 after each round ends. --------
-------- Comment: Remember to create this Integer_Kill_Counter as an array of 13. 1 for first blood, 2-13 for players 1-12 --------
-------- Comment: For the extra gold you can change it to what ever you like. --------
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Integer_Kill_Counter[1] Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Set Integer_Kill_Counter[1] = 1
Game - Display to (All players) the text: First Blood
-------- Put the play sound action here. --------
Else - Actions
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[2] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[2] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[3] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[3] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[4] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[4] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[5] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[5] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[6] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[6] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[7] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[7] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[8] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[8] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[9] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[9] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[10] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[10] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[11] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[11] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[12] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[12] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
If ((Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) then do (Set Integer_Kill_Counter[13] = (Integer_Kill_Counter[13] + 1)) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + (has shoot + ((Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + head for 10 extra gold!))))
Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
Integer_Kill_Counter[2] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[3] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[4] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[5] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[6] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[7] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[8] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[9] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[10] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[11] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[12] Equal to 2
Integer_Kill_Counter[13] Equal to 2
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Double Kill
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
Integer_Kill_Counter[2] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[3] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[4] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[5] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[6] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[7] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[8] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[9] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[10] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[11] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[12] Equal to 3
Integer_Kill_Counter[13] Equal to 3
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Triple Kill
Else - Actions

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
are ur remaking snipers from warcraft, or starcraft?

generally i think the warcraft version sucked...
the abilities and different height therrains really screwed it up
starcraft version was awsome, it actually required skill

Bartuc08

Reaction score
man i loved starcraft snipers, warcraft all u have to do is kill a few ppl then get some items to make u invincable

B

BlackAlpha

Never played starcraft. And the warcraft version sucked, that's why I remade it.

I already got the double kill stuff with the UT2003 announcement voice! :D

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Good Job :D

Make sure your version is acually.... own proof like people cant own everyone cause they killed first.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
ok imagine the warcraft snipers map.

take away all the cliffs

flatten all the land

take away allt he abilities

take away shops and items,

thats how starcraft snipers would be

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.