AoS - need suggestions -

ironfist19

Reaction score
Map Name : (suggestions)
Map Type : AoS
Story : Once upon a time , the Gosship Clan of the humans is living happily when the Naida Clan of the orcs fired a ball of fire to the central base. The leader of the Gosship Clan called the mighty heroes of their aged temple to protect the base and when the leader of the Naida Clan knew that his enemies have heroes to protect the base. The leader of the Naida Clan blew the horn and called for the brave orcs that is willing to destroy the Gosship Clan.

Features :

1. Weapon Enchanting - it is like weapon upgrading but it doesn't need gold to continue the upgrading but this weapon enchanting requires a little time (25 seconds of enchanting) and some life gems (25% drop rate from creeps).
Ex. Winged Blade = + 10 damage , The winged blade went through the weapon enchanting it's bonus attack increase to + 13 damage.

2. Element Enchanting - it gives weapon the elements such as fire,water,energy and earth.
Ex. Winged Blade = + 10 damage , The winged blade went through the element enchanting it's damage will increase to + 11 and adds 18% chance of burning,drowning,electrifying, stunning the target.

3. Different Bosses

4. Tower System - the towers have 2 lives to make it harder to destroy the base. When you destroyed the tower , it creates a new one and it adds + 3 armor to the new tower.

5. Quests - the quests needs items from the creeps like orc's eye/human's ears (15% drop rate), devil soul/angel soul (3% drop rate) and more.
Each quests done gives bonus experience and some random items.

If you're interested PM me
You could suggest items + the icon of the suggested item ( no DotA items)
You could suggest heroes + skills + icon of the skills ( no DotA skills , can rename)

I would like to form a team. Whoever wants to join just pm me.
I need Item Icon Maker,Advance Triggers,Systems, Loading Screen Painter, andTerrainer.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
When you are enchanting is your hero disabled while enchanting or is it only the item?

what is the point of giving towers lives? How is that any diffrent from giving a tower more hp? (you can add the armor bonus once the hp hits a certain %)

Personally i belive drop rates in a AoS hinders the players more then it helps them, a player can be farming more then he or she needs to just for a certain item to drop to finish such and such. The other problem is that because its an AoS and that death happens thoughout the entire map, there will be items that will be left un attended and would build up, is there anything to prevent this as it just clutters everything and when in exess cause lagg.

If your going to do items, i would suggest making the drops 100% from certain creeps. Because they are creeps, monster spawns from the computer teams will not attack them normally, meaning monsters wont randomly die and have a pool of items. The 100% drop rate prevents players from screaming at a random chance system going against their favor, this leads to a more strategic and "hunt" style of play where the player has to decide if they want to spend the time to kill said creep instead of whatever else he can do.

btw, most dota skills are so basic (storm bolt, finger of death, chain lightning, evasion, critical strike, blink, and so on and so on) that they are wc3 melle skills renamed, if you dont want any dota skills whatsoever you are keeping yourself from a majority if not all of the bare bone basic wc3 base abilitys. The same is said for items as they added healing slavs dusts of appearances and clarity pots to the game (all copy paste from normal wc3 games) Hell, boots of speed, and about 70% of the basic items (non recipy) are directly copied from wc3 melle games. There will be some overlap, you should not be afrade of this.

Finally suggestions

Split the elemental enchant to 1 elemental effect per item
Limit the elemental enchants to 1 item per hero inventory (if you can just stack the entire gambit of effects that would upset the balance too much)
If the time spent for enchanting disables your hero, granting an item with such a small increase in damage just isnt worth it as you will most likely gain that much damage by spending time in the battle feild from either buffs or leveling.

Having an online team for a limited mod (its not a full mod like the SC to Wc3 mod) will not work. If you want shit done you have to do it yourself. If you are in dire need of a team, go look for friends in real life and get things done from there. Its much easier to keep tabs and know whos slacking on people in real life, especally when they are close or in constant contact with you because you know when they are free to work on your project or not.

ironfist19

Reaction score
Personally i belive drop rates in a AoS hinders the players more then it helps them, a player can be farming more then he or she needs to just for a certain item to drop to finish such and such. The other problem is that because its an AoS and that death happens thoughout the entire map, there will be items that will be left un attended and would build up, is there anything to prevent this as it just clutters everything and when in exess cause lagg.

If you kill a creep, the item would drop and the item is for you only. Others can't pick it up. If you forget the item , I can make a timed deletion of the items.
Ex. You killed the creep + item. The item will be deleted to the game for about 5 seconds if you don't pick it up.

what is the point of giving towers lives? How is that any diffrent from giving a tower more hp? (you can add the armor bonus once the hp hits a certain %)

The point of giving the towers lives is that you can see it upgrades and the scaling size increases making it look like stronger,harder and better.

"this leads to a more strategic and "hunt" style of play where the player has to decide if they want to spend the time to kill said creep instead of whatever else he can do."

it's not "hunt" style, the reason why i put items in the creeps so that they can upgrade their items and level up with the bonus experience faster the enemies. Higher level means superiority , earning items is need to make you stronger and not easy to be killed.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
With the tower respawn thing, maybe add a 30 second or so delay before the tower respawns. This would allow the heroes nearby a choice: take the risk of getting blocked of from help and safety to attack beyond that tower, or stay safe and let the creeps travel on.

If there isn't a signifigant delay like 15 seconds before the tower respawns, I'd probably just have one tower with more hp and when it falls below 'x' hp, trigger the changes like armour and size and add special effects to make the tower look like it became enraged or something. Have you never noticed how crappy it looks when you kill something and something that looks close to the same just pops up were it died whilst the death anim is still playing?

I'd probably also add some hp and damage to the respawned tower, not just a few armour points. Otherwise it might almost look laughable: A big tower that looks twice as strong and menacing as the old one, but is actually the exact same except for the fact that it can take 1 extra hit.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
the hero kill for chance of item would still make people cry that they lost a game because the droppable item they wanted / needed took too long to drop for them

You can acheive all that (scaling, disabled, buff) with just having one tower (when its hp reaches below a certain point you can do anything you want with the tower) When a tower goes down it will give the illusion that its going to be safe because the tower whent down and awarded bounty (if it dose, and you can trigger that for the no revival tower too!)

When i say hunt, as in the player knows exactly what they need and exactly what creep they need to kill for it. As you said, levels mean superiority and items make you harder to kill. Your "stronger" items require random drops. Meaning you are giving people who are higher leveled (superior) an excuse to say "you won because you where lucky with drops" to a lower level but more enchanted items player. The reverse can also happen, where a low leveled player cant find any random drop to make him/her self stronger while a higher leveled player has more.

When your making a game, you want to remove everything a player say that is "unfair". By doing that, it would force the player to learn your game more so they can perform better, instead of waiting on an event they cannot controle. (oh if only 'people' whernt random.... but theres nothing we can do to change that now can we?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.