negative buff on item?

T

TaK-MP

Is it possible to make it so that when a hero has a certain item, the hero gets a negative effect like cripple for example? or even just a speed deduction. Im trying to make one but can't find out how

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Get a dummy unit to cast cripple on him.

Unit aquires an item

item is equal to blah blah blah

unit create one dummy at position of triggering unit
order last created unit to cast undead cripple on triggering unit (make it last forever)

trigger 2

event unit loses item

lost item is equal to blah blah blah

buff remvoe specifc buff cripple.

EDIT: remove unit after it casts the ability

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I believe you can attach an unholy aura/endurance aura/tornado aura/etc. to an item with a negative move speed bonus, and then make the aoe of the aura 0 so it only affects the possessing unit and achieve the effect you wish.

T

TaK-MP

ill try the dummy unit trigger out, sounds like it will work

Sud said:
I believe you can attach an unholy aura/endurance aura/tornado aura/etc. to an item with a negative move speed bonus, and then make the aoe of the aura 0 so it only affects the possessing unit and achieve the effect you wish.

I tried making a negative aura but it wouldnt let the move speed adjustment be less than 0 :/

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Try stuffing the Tornado slow aura on it. That aura is specifically for slowing units.

Also, I can't remember whether it was endurance or unholy, but I definitely have in one of my maps a -speed based of either one of those

G

Goauld

Shift+click and you get negative values. You could use Item Move Speed Bonus, too, although it only has a set value, not a percent. Even better, if you don't want a buff icon, Engineering Upgrade is your choice.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Goauld said:
Shift+click and you get negative values. You could use Item Move Speed Bonus, too, although it only has a set value, not a percent. Even better, if you don't want a buff icon, Engineering Upgrade is your choice.
To shft+click, shouldn't you first change the values from advanced-gameplay constants?

G

Goauld

Actually you don't need shift+click if you have negative real values enabled from preferences.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.