NetLogo-checkers(draughts)

jurai3

Reaction score
Hi guys, this year I need to finish my bachelor theses, and my task is to create a game known as checkers(or draughts). It wouldn't be a problem, but I have to write it in NetLogo using the Mutli-agent approach. So I cant use those well-known algorithms as Min-max or alfa-beta pruning. As I said, I have to use the Multi-agent approach, because in NetLogo every single piece is an agent, and they can communicate with each other. So as my teacher said me, I have to create a completely new algorithm. Could someone give me any advice or suggestion how to start, or describe it how it should work? I would appreciate any advice or suggestion, cuz it's quite difficult task for me. Thank you guys so much, you can post it there or send it to my mail address, which is [email protected]. Again, thank you very much. Have a nice day
Jirka

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They did Checkers on the Atari 2600 my friend. Just rewrite the algorithms you dont have as custom agents or whatever and do it!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I also don't understand why the minimax approach is not possible. You just have to pass the info between the agents instead of considering it global (I'm guessing you also know the information about the other player's pieces).

If you don't know about the other player's pieces, then we're talking about a learning AI algorithm, which is entirely another story.

jurai3

Reaction score
to Admin-> thank you for your advice, I'm already looking for codes from this game, unfortunately, it is 30 years old game and it's quite impossible to find it, but I will keep trying it.
to monoVertex->what kind of information you mean ? :) in Netlogo every patch has its coordinates, so I have complete overview of all pieces. Why I cant use MinMax?->it's my teacher's order, she said I need to create a new approach, 'cuz MinMax is single agent approach and I wouldn't use (how to say it) the power of the NetLogo.
But as I said, I'm new in NetLogo and I have never programmed checkers, so I try to read some articles and learn more about it. Right now I will have in few days finished checkers for two players, that's not so hard. But after that I will need to create AI, and that's the problem :)
So any advice from you will be great and I will by rly greatefull for it :)
P.S. Sry for mistakes, but english is my 3rd language :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ah, ok, now I understand. Unfortunately I'm not familiar withj NetLogo or multi-agent approach, so I have no idea what should you do, sorry :(.

However, this sounds a lot like multi-thread (multi-process) programming, so why not search for checkers code in a parallel programming approach? I think that's what your teacher means when talking about the power of NetLogo.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.