New Age of Warcraft

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Welcome To a New Age!​

New Age of Warcraft (NAoW) is an EMM, an Enhanced Melee Map. EMM's are melee style maps with custom Heroes, units, abilities, etc. The purpose to an EMM is to create strategy for the game.​

NAoW Beta (1.0) Goals

Beta 1 was designed to set up a base that I could build off of. It was simple, but required for more modifications to take place. I also added 2 new features in an attempt to help myself learn triggers a bit more.

-New Features-​

1. The Traveling Merchant - The Traveling Merchant is an ancient wizard who's life goal has become gold. Using his notable magic powers, he has dug up mystical items that he will gladly share...For a price. The Traveling Merchant teleports around the map, in an attempt to find all kinds of customers.
  2. The Avatar - The Avatar is an ancient being, composed from all the elements, even death. Eons ago, he was broken into these seperate elements and stored in items of power. Now, whoever can find the six Avatar items and bring them together can, once again, call upon this creature of legend.

-Modifications-​

1. Each race gained a 4th tier, with a defensive ability.

-- Humans gained the Magocracy.
    ---- Blanket of Magic - The Magocracy replenishes the mana of nearby friendly units.

-- Orcs gained the Den of the Elements.
    ---- Spirits of the Den - The elemental Spirits that reside within the Den come flying out, swooping through the Orc's enemies. As they pass through a person, they rip a piece of his or her very life force out, and bring it back to the Den, healing it over time.

-- Undead gained the Throne of Death.
    ---- Blizzard Fortifications - The structure ices over, creating a thick layer of pure, magical ice. This adds to the armor of the building. Also, the ice is so magically chilled that any melee attacker will be slowed, due to the frost moving down his body.

-- Night Elf gained the Tree of the Emeral Dream.
    ---- Dreamscape - The mystic tree sleeps at night. As it does, it slowly melds into the realm known only as the Emerald Dream, becoming invisible to our eyes.
  2. Each race gained 1 new custom Champion.

-- Humans gained the Rune Mistress, a sorceress adept at casting magical runes that hold magical properties.
    ---- Rune of Empowerment - This rune brings out the very best in a person, increasing their armor and attack damage.
    ---- Rune of Blasting - When cast, this rune blasts energy out at a target, dealing
    considerable damage.
    ---- Rune of Enfeeblement - This rune ages a target until all their strength has left them, making them easier prey.
    ---- Rune of Transmutation - This amazing ability transforms flesh to pure gold. The Rune Mistress' allies can then melt the solid gold down for money. Cannot be cast on Champions, or Creeps over level 5.

-- Orcs gained the Storm Lord, a shaman who specializes in thge abilities of the ELements of Air and Fire.
    ---- Shock Bolts - The Storm Lord sends out multiple bolts of lightning for some quick moderate damage.
    ---- Static Field - The Storm Lords creates a field of static electricity around him that damages all units nearby to him. However, the field requries a lot of magic to keep up and running.
    ---- Summon Lightning Elemental - These beings are composed out of pure lightning and are created to assist the Storm Lord.
    ---- Storm - This is the ultimate reach of the Storm Lord's abilities. He calls upon the Elements of Air and Fire to create a storm like no one has ever seen. Rain showers down while lightning bolts fry the ground.

-- Undead gained the Dark Wizard, a dangerous mage adept at curses and bringing the enemy's morale down.
    ---- Fragility Curse - The Dark Wizard sucks the strength out of a target until their bones become brittle, making them very easy to damage.
    ---- Paralysis Curse - The target's spine is wrapped in magic, keeping it in place. This causes the target to be paralyized in place, unable to move for a short period of time.
    ---- Cursed Aura - Most people are very superstitious of the Dark Wizard, and tend to be very careful around him. They move and attack slower, trying hard not to be killed by bad luck.
    ---- Curse of Fear - The Dark Wizard lets loose his most powerful curse, sending an enchanted fear straight into the hearts of his enemies. They can't put as much effort into their blows, on the edge of running away, so they lose quite a bit of attack damage.

-- Night Elves gained the Shadow Mage, a mage adept at controlling battle with the use of the shadows.
    ---- Shadow Jaunt - When struck, the Shadow Mage can jaunt into the Shadow Zone for a time, leaving this world.
    ---- Shadow Mist - The Shadow Mage orders the nearby shadows to cover the heads of a target group of enemies, making them unable to attack.
    ---- Dark Rest - Through the shadows, the Shadow Mage sends her very thoughts into the mind of a target enemy, commanding them to sleep.
    ---- Nightmare - Again using the shadows to invade a target, the Shadow Mage can flip through every dream and nightmare of a sleeping unit, bringing up the most disturbing images. The rush of horrid and grotesque images causes sever mental damage, dealing a large amount of damage to a unit. Cannot be cast on units that are awake.
  3. Each race gained a 4th tier level for their unit upgrades. (For example, the upgrades that raise Melee attack damage, Ranged attack damage, and Armor)
  4. Champions have replaced Heroes. Each player can only choose one Champion throughout the entire game, so they'll have to choose wisely.

NAoW Beta (2.0) Goals

Beta 2 proved to be much longer then Beta 1, and the changes were much more obvious. Each race's techtree gained a new building. This building housed one new unit, and one new upgrade for each race.

-Modifications-​

1. Each race's techtree had a new building added to it.

-- Humans gained the Magic Workshop.
    -- Orcs gained the Obelisk of Power.
    -- Undead gained the Burial Grounds.
    -- Night Elves gained the Den of Magic.
  2. Each race gained 1 new unit, housed in the new building.

-- Humans gained the Bard, an agile warrior who can use musical tunes to create magical effects.
    ---- Agile Warrior - The Bard is used to thinking on his feet, making him very agile, and able to occasionally dodge a blow.
    ---- Play Magic - The Bard uses his instrument to a number of different songs that create a different magical effect.

-- Orcs gained the Black Bull, a Tauren unit adept at magically controlling bad luck.
    ---- Defenses Fail - The Black Bull concentrates his bad luck magic on a target's armor, causing it to crack, shift, or just plain become ineffective.
    ---- Confusion - A target's vision blurs, and the world around him or her seems to spin. The Black Bull uses these, and other effects, to confuse a target until they attack anything, even their own Champion.

-- Undead gained the Mummy, a moderate melee unit with unique passive abilities to amplify his combat abilities.
    ---- Thick Wraps - The ancient, magical, and slightly worn wraps that cover the Mummy provide him with a bit of protection, decreasing some damage.
    ---- Despair - Most people lose hope at the sight of these awesomely terrible behemoths battering down their forces. Those who do lose hope, also lose faith, and attack damage.

-- Night Elves gained the Druid of the Paw, a quick and very straight-forward fighter who has taken up the totem of the wolf.
    ---- Howl - The Druid lets loose a savage wolf-like howl that encourages his allies to press harder into their attacks, giving them more attack damage.
    ---- Claws - The Druids have one clawed hand that they use whenever possible to deal a devastating blow.
    ---- Wolf Form - The hieght of the Druid's powers are shown when he can take the form of a huge, dark golden wolf. The wolf is a much better fighter, but gains mana much more slowly.
  3. Each race gained 1 new upgrade, housed in the new building.

-- Humans gained Battle Magic, which increased the attack damage of Priests and Sorceresses.

-- Orcs gained Veteran Skill which increased the attack speed of their savage Grunts.

-- Undead gained Spell Stitched, which increased the attack damage of Ghouls, Abominations, and Mummies.

-- Night Elves gained Animal Empathy, which increased the life and life regeneration of Huntresses, Hippogryphs, Hippogryph Riders, Faerie Dragons, and Chimera.

NAoW Beta (3.0) Goals

In Beta 2, in order to fit the new buildings into the worker's "build card", I had to remove the towers. Not wanting to simply cut Towers out of the game, I've created a system for each race, allowing Towers to remain, as well as allowing room for modification. Also, each Blizzard-made spellcaster gained a 4th spell. (If a spellcaster had 4 spells already, they did not gain a 5th)

-Modifications-

1. Each Blizzard-made spellcaster gained a 4th spell. (If a spellcaster already had 4 spells, they did not gain a 5th)

-- Humans
    ---- Priests gained Shadow Word: Dissolve, a spell that slowly dissolves the flesh off of the target.
    ---- Sorceresses gained See Invisible, a spell that allows them to see any and all nearby invisible units that are spying on them.

-- Orcs
    ---- Shamen gained Lightning Bolt, a spell that calls a bolt of lightning down from the sky to fry a target.
    ---- Witch Doctors gained Dead Ward, a ward that slowly degenerates the life of nearby enemy units.

-- Undead
    ---- Necromancers gained Unholy Aide, a spell that summons a Skeletal Guard that must remain close to his master and his Necromantic Aura, or run out of energy and crumble back to bones.
    ---- Banshees gained Despairing Sonnets, a song spell that depresses enemy units, causing them to falter in their attacks, losing attack damage.
    ---- Obsidan Statues gained Will of the Precurors, a suicide spell that sends out a wave of energy to damage nearby enemy units.

-- Night Elves
    ---- Dryads gained Crystal Spear, a special ability that slowly transforms the flesh of the target into crystal, doing damage over time. The unit's natural bodily defenses can fight the magic and heal, if they're not too greviously injured already.
    ---- Druids of the Claw (Bear form only) gained Bear's Fury, an ability that sends the Bear into a rage, causing his adrenaline to rush, and his attacks to be quicker. However, he becomes reckless, taking more damage then he normally would be.
    ---- Druids of the Talon gained Wings of the Crow, an ability that has the Druid glide forward, begining his transformation into his Crow form. As he feet turn to talons, he slashes enemies along his way, ending up in Crow form.
    ---- Faerie Dragons gained Wink of the Hidden Demon, a suicide spell that draws all magic into the Faerie Dragon, sapping it from nearby spellcasters, and then bursting out as a destructive wave, dealing damage to all nearby units.
  2. When I started in Beta 1.0, I raised the food cap to 150. I figured with the new units, people would need more food to have enough for all the new stuff and the old stuff. However, I ran into a little problem. All the old food buildings had enough food when you could only go up to 100, but now, they're just plain annoying to make! So, to counteract this, I've made all 4 racial food buildings upgradeable. Each building will still have it's original abilties, but they might have different stats. This is just to make the upgrade worth more then just food!

-- Human Farm(6) -> Plantations (12)
    -- Orc Burrow(10) -> Dwellings (15)
    -- Undead Ziggurats (10) -> Catacombs (15)
    -- Night Elf Moon Wells (10) -> Well of Eternity (15)
  3. Each race's Tower system was completely redone with new Towers, new abilities, and a new techtree for each race's Tower system.

-- Humans:
    ---- Shock Tower: An upgrade of the Guard tower, this short ranged tower is very fast. The perfect "choke point" tower.
    ---- Gnome Tower: An upgrade of the Cannon tower, this long ranged tower has a slow cooldown, but is the excellent defense against siege units.
    ---- Sniper Tower: An upgrade of the Guard tower, these Dwarven towers can house a Rifleman, giving it a devastating (yet slow) attack. (Suggested by Cres)
    ---- Apollo's Wrath: An upgrade of the Arcane tower, these towers house mirrors on their tops, turning sunlight into intense blasts of light. However, they can only work during the day. (Suggested by Shadowy Fear)
    ---- Moonlight Tower: An upgrade of the Arcane tower, these are the moonlight counterpart to Apollio's Wrath. They can only work during the night. (Suggested by Shadowy Fear)

-- Horde:
    ---- Outpost: These will be like the Watch Tower, in damage, but will also have an auto-castable Net ability to help the Orcs, who have trouble with anti-air units already, bring the battle to the ground.
    ---- Battle Tower: These will have greater damage then the Watch Towers, but will attack slower. However, they will be allowed to load 2 Berzerkers into them, in order to increase attack speed.
    ---- Goblin Tower: In an attempt to incorporate the Goblins within the Horde once again, I’ve thought about making a tower for them. These towers will have the ‘Steam Bomb’ ability. They also explode upon death.
    ---- Totem of Might: These very slow and weak towers have an aura that grants defense to nearby allied towers.
    ---- Elemental Totem: This average tower is upgradeable into 4 different types of towers, depending on the Element you choose. (Earth, fire, wind, water) Each tower has a different element-based ability. (Suggested by Shadowy Fear)
    ---- Tower of the Depths: These towers have a line attack, and can create waves.
    ---- Blazed Tower: These fiery towers have a burning attack that builds with each new attack. During the day, they give off burning rays of sunlight.
    ---- Earth Spirit: These towers will be able to target ground units, not air. They will also have a War Stomp-like ability. They have a long range, perfect for combating siege units.
    ---- Wind Totem: These towers have a very short range, but can fire at 1-3 targets. Used best as a ‘choke point’ tower.

-- Undead:
    ---- Corrupt Towers: These are towers with slow attack speed, but the Orb of Corruption ability.
    ---- Disease Towers: Spirit Tower-like Towers that also have the Disease Cloud ability.
    ---- Tower of the Dead: These towers will be able to store corpses, like the Meat Wagons. They too will fling the bodies through the air for extra damage, but Meat Wagons must transport the bodies to the tower, unless you have the Throne of Death, which enables the tower to summon corpses into itself. These will have Meat Wagon-like range, making them suitable to combat the threat of siege units.
    ---- Blizzard Towers: These towers will have a frosty attack, but a very weak attack. However, they will attack faster, and be given 1-3 targets, making them the perfect ‘choke point’ towers.
    ---- Gates of Tartarus: This tower has is very expensive, but with an average attack. Why, you ask? The ability it holds, "Opening the Gates" is a targetable AoE (based off of Fire Strike) that does both AoE damage, AND spawns a few weak Enraged Souls for the caster. (Suggested by Shadowy Fear)

-- Night Elves:
    ---- Venomous Ancient: Ancient Protectors with a Slow Poison effect on their attacks.
    ---- Ancient Guardians: These Towers do not have a ranged attack, but do have melee attacks, and also: an aura that grants increased armor to all surrounding Ancients. Very good ‘choke point’ units.
    ---- Ancient of Elune: These Ancients command stars to fall upon nearby and far off targets, making them excellent against siege units.
    ---- Shadow Ancient: These Ancients have a typical type of attack, but can also cast Shadow Meld onto other Ancients, in order to protect their brethren. Can also Shadowmeld at night.
    ---- Ancient of the Well: These Ancients, having been corrupted by the Well of Eternity require magic in order to attack. Has Feedback. (Requires a Well of Eternity)
    ---- Ancient Sentinel: This ancient uses the Glaives of the Huntresses, giving it a bouncing attack. (Suggested by Shadowy Fear)

NAoW Beta (4.0) Goals

Possibly one of the greastest Beta's of the map is going to be Beta 4.0, where I incorporate the Naga into the game. I'm going to completely restructure their techtree to work like the other 4 races, and give them tons of new units, spells, heroes, the works!

Currently, all I have is the techtree figured out. I am still allowing Naga ideas, so please post them.

A NOTE FOR POSTERS
As most people will notice by now, I usually put up polls, or ask for ideas for Towers, Units, Spells, anything! This is so everyone on TheHelper can put their OWN spin onto the New Age of Warcraft. However, I've noticed a problem.​

When you post an idea, you can't just give me a name and a brief description. I'm not saying make the unit for me, but give me more then "How about <Name>, that does <Some random ability>?" Tell me the Unit's (or Tower's) rated attack. Is it good, crappy, amazing? Make sure it's balanced, or I may just scrap the idea entirely. Also, the more you can hype your idea up (make it sound good) the better chance I'll like it. So keep that in mind when you're posting an idea! Thanks.

Credits

New Age of Warcraft is not soley my map. I say this because it's not all my ideas, or my work. Without the help of the amazing people at www.thehelper.net, most of this map would have never come to fruitation. Through the use of this site, and the dedication of the Moderators, Administrators, Special Members, and even it's regular members, I've learned a lot in making this simple, yet fun map. I would like to take a moment now to thank some of the more outstanding people who have helped me.

• XXconanXXX (A master of triggers)
  • Rinpun (A well of creativity, and another trigger master)
  • Broken X
  • Shadowy Fear (Co-Tester, The Idea Guy)
  • Marksman (Co-Tester)
  • SD_Ryoko (Who will probably sooner laugh at you then help, but in the end, a good guy)
  • Acehart (Good luck in life, we miss you at the forum!)
  • Darg

These people are generous in their ideas and talents with the editor. I would recommend the site (www.thehelper.net) to ANYONE looking to learn about the World Editor, or even someone just looking for a fun community forum. I would also like to thank the site's creator, The Helper, because without him, I'm sure I'd still be having trouble with the simplest of triggers.

One last time, thank you all!

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Beta 3 Poll [CLOSED]

This poll has been CLOSED.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I'll get to the entirety of the vote, but I'm not voting for Banshee's ability. Petrify is just wrong. Banshees can't petrify.

My suggestions to the Banshee's abilities (noticing it only has one ability up for vote) are:

Screech -- Banshee screams in one unit's ear, first paralyzing him with fear (freeze) for x seconds and then turning him crazy (neutral hostile) for y (and y is bigger than x) seconds.

Ghostly Body -- Banshee can pass through obstacles (low collision size if possible...and don't forget to have movement flying with at least 1-5 units)--enemies, tree, you name it.

Call of Death -- Banshee sings a melancholy song reducing some units to tears, lowering their attack speed.

My suggestions to the Obsidian Statue's abilities (also noticing the same) are:

Disassemble -- Calls a moderate hp degeneration on a building that continues until the obsidian statue changes form to Destroyer or is killed. Has a high cooldown, obviously.

Unholy Hunger -- In Destroyer form, the OS can Devour one enemy.

Will of the Precursors -- Obsidian Statue crumbles to the ground in an instant death but in so doing releases a gigantic tremor dealing moderate damage ally and enemy alike. Buildings, Workers, and Heroes are unharmed.

voting

Alliance
A3 (priest,shadow word)
B3(sorceress,see invisable)

Horde
A3(shaman,pyro)
B1(witch doctor,dead ward)

Undead
A4(necromancer,unholy aide)
B2(banshee,screech)
C3(obsidian statue,unholy hunger)

Night Elves
A3(dryads,crystal spear)
B2(druid of the bear,bear's fury)
C2(druid of the talon,wings of the eagle)
D2(faerie dragon,WotHD)

hope i help!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alright, now my vote (kind of weird to vote on your own ideas :D:D)

Priest -- Shadow Word
Sorceress -- See Invisible (Humans lack good ways of scouting out those stupid night elves)

Shaman -- Lightning Bolt (Better matches his type...Orc Shamans are known for their lightning magic)
Witch Doctor -- Anti-Magic Ward (I don't like any of the four ideas, but I didn't feel like suggesting any at the moment)

Necromancer -- Unholy Aide (Man, I'm stuck between my Flesh Bandage and Unholy Aide, both are good, but both can't be added. Meep.
Banshee -- Screech (Once again I'm stuck between two abilities, this time Screech and your much better rename of my suggestion, Despairing Sonnets)
Obsidian Statue -- Energy Relay (I personally like this ability, but Unholy Hunger is good too :))

Dryad -- Crystal Spear (I was stuck between all THREE this time, but I've chosen Crystal Spear, since it's a much more lenient spell, if you know what I mean)
Druid of the Claw -- Hibernate (Hands down. Fury is okay I guess, and I got it from the Campaigns, but (some) people will definitely like Hibernate to a certain extent more.)
Druid of the Talon -- Wings of the Eagle (Wisdom Aura works I guess, but I personally like the idea of this ability (WotE). Doing little damage, it's really more eye candy than total strategy and game-winning.)
Faerie Dragon -- Wink of the Hidden Demon (I just like this one over Scary Gleam.)

R

Regalth

Human:
Priest: Salvation. Humans already have a disable and a resurrection.
Sorceress: Reduce.
Horde:
Shaman: Lightning Bolt. By the way, what does "single-target AoE" mean? Isn't "Single target" the opposite of "AoE"?
Troll Witch Doctor: Dead Ward. Mana regeneration is kinda blah, in my opinion.
Undead:
Necromancer: Flesh Bandage. It's the most unique ability; everything else just seems like a copy of some other spell.
Banshee: Despairing Sonnets. Why petrify when you can possess? The Banshees need to be able to sing!
Obsidian Statue: Energy Relay. This was actually close, between 3 abilities, but Relay sounds like it would make the Statue able to do more than just sit back and morph.
Night Elves:
Dryad: Nature's Fury. Tree Stride also sounds kinda interesting.
Druid of the Claw: Bear's Fury. They have Rejuvination, so they don't need Hibernate, and a simple hp increase is boring.
Druid of the Talon: Wings of the Eagle. Let these druids do something besides cast Faerie Fire and fly away. This sounds like a cool-looking ability.
Faerie Dragon: Not sure, but I'd probably say WotHD. Although, maybe to better fit the dragon's anti-caster role, it would only hit units with mana.
Those are my votes, give me a shout if you want to criticize, complain, or just tell me that I'm stupid :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea, make it only hit units with mana. Maybe it can be good against enemy night elves, because it can drain their cheap butt healing wells :D

L

leetslay

Heres my votes:

Alliance
A3 (Priest, Shadow Word)
B2 (Sorceress, Reduce)

Horde
A1 (Shaman, Lightning Bolt)
B2 (Witch Doctor, Anti-Magic)

Undead
A4 (Necromancer, Unholy Aide)
B3 (Banshee, Despairing Sonnets)
C4 (Statue, Will of the Precursors)

Night Elves
A3 (Dryad, Crystal Spear)
B1 (Druid of the Claw, Barkskin)
C2 (Druid of the Talon, Wings of the Eagle)
D1 (Faerie Dragon, Darkness)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Uh, Alexander. You do know you jsut deleted 75 posts? Well, next time, I'd um ask people if you can delete upwards to 10 of there posts before you delete a 75 post thread.

SD_Ryoko said:
Secondly, when you delete a thread, you delete ALL the posts inside that are NOT yours, and not within your rights to delete.

SD_Ryoko said:
Okay... how bout an example.

A 14 post thread dissapeared from the worldedit forum not too long ago, also removing other users posts inside of it.

I am confident the deleter did not ask the other uses, 'can I delete all your posts?'

Even Admins and Mods don't delete THAT many posts only if it is REALLY needed. I advise you not to delete a humungous thread just to restart it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Accident

Actually, I did that on accident! :D I didn't realize deleting the first one deleted the whole thread...So I AM very sorry, people, try not to hate me too much.

DM Cross

Reaction score
First off, I am both surprised and pleased that I got so many votes so fast! Last time I think there was only a grand total of 5, after a week. Already I have 3, and it's been a day! :) Very cool.

Second off: Another apology to the people who posted to the old New Age thread. I'm very very sorry about you losing those posts. As I said before, I didn't realize the THREAD would be deleted, but that is fault of my own, because I didn't read thorughly. :( Again, I am sorry.

Third off: Like last time, I would like to vote! :p Here is my votes, which I have to record, lol:

Alliance:
A3 (Priest, Shadow Word: Dissolve) <Side note: You people DO realize that's the spell's FULL name, right? All I've seen so far is 'Shadow Word'. Shadow Words are a TYPE of spell, not the whole thing! :p>
B3 (Sorceress, See Invisible)

Horde:
A3 (Shaman, Pyro) <Side note: What I meant by a 'single-target AoE' is that the AoE is so small, it's only really enough room to fit ONE unit...However, it CAN effect two, if aimed correctly. Sorry for any confusion.>
B4 (Witch Doctor, Spirit Ward) <Reason: Many people have stated they don't like the idea of mana regeneration. However, the thought behind this ward is that it can help the Doctor's cast OTHER wards, and also help with the Shaman's Bloodlust ability.>

Undead:
A1 (Necromancer, Wilting) <Reason: I wanted to add a little bit of power to the Necromancer, moreso then raising armies and casting Cripple. Yes, those are two very powerful spells, but this high mana/cooldown spell is also power, in a more direct form. But to each their own! :D That's why I asked for votes...More chance people will enjoy the map, right?>
B3 (Banshee, Despairing Sonnets) <Reason: I didn't like the Petrify idea, either, though it was mine. I just couldn't think up anything else, but luckily Rinpun is so damn creative! ;)>
C4 (Obsidian Statue, Will of the Percurors)

Night Elf:
A1 (Dryad, Tree Stride) <Reason: This could mean having the last 3 Dryads in your army saved, and these units ARE very useful.>
B2 (Druid of the Claw, Bear's Fury)
C2 (Druid of the Talon, Wings of the Eagle)
D2 (Faerie Dragons, Wink of the Hidden Demon)

Keep those votes coming! :D

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
A1
B1+2 (this is because they're similar)

A3
B2

A4
B3 (others are way too powerful)
C1

A3
B3
C2
D1

Those are my votes. :)

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Alliance
A2 (Priest, Revive)
B2 (Sorceress, Reduce)

Horde
A2 (Shaman, Unusual Growth)
B4 (Which Doctor, Spirit Ward)

Undead
A4 (Necromancer, Unholy Aide)
B3 (Banshee, Desparing Sonnet) <but i think it should lower attack damage not attack speed>
C3 (Obsidian Statue, Unholy Hunger)

Night Elf
A1 (Dryad, Tree Stride)
B3 (Druid of the Claw, Hibernate)
C2 (Druid of the Talon, Wings of the Eagle) <could you change it to be an ability that he can only use in raven form instead of an ability that changes the NE into raven>
D2 (Faerie Dragon, Wink of the Hidden Demon)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Everyone likes the Faerie Dragon WotHD

*Does a dance*

:D:D

Cres

Reaction score
Err ok... some of these spells are just not with the theme of the unit. im not trying to flame but just pointing out a few things (ill vote too ^^).

salvation and pacify are very good but dont you thing there should b restrictions? like banshee's possess only 2 lvl 5 creeps. i.e. 10 priests vs 10 frost wyrms... wow or maybe a hero (i dont no if u can target heros but they r "units") and is it permanent?
i would vote for one of them becuz i want 2 c human own :D
revive=ressurection we dont need 20 knights poping up again
shadow word:dissolve=buffed slow? ya this one is pretty cool tho u could slow the entire army in like 1 secs with sorcs

Sorc is cool but i would have 2 chose see invis

Shaman
lightning bolt is nice! ooo i would love that spell but you see the problem? no other unit in the game has a direct nuke at least i cant think of any... not neutral
yep i vote bolt :D

Sry no votes for witch doctor to many wards lol

Flesh bandage would b cool so would aide but i like infinate life ^^(im assuming here)
1 necro heals unit till he has 10/300 life lets say
then other necro heal him from 300/300-50/300 so other one 10/300-300/300
well unless its like life transfer the exact amount then it would b good for FW and other high hp guys

Banshee i like the sonnet the screech is nice but i dont wanna hear the sound effects when u use it ^^ petrify? banshees dont petrify...

Destroyer definately Will of the Precursors good for denying exp

Stride-can you do this to enemy lol jp this is what staff of preservation does rite?
Crystal spear- dryads dont make crystal do they?
i vote for fury! kill your allies!

Bearskin W00T now they have 10 armor! i vote skin
Fury-wow 10sec bloodlust i like this too if this was implanted... every1 go lore tech
Hibernate-thats was rejuvination is for

Cant vote for faerie dragon tho its one of my favorate units (mana flare owns humans)
darkness-can you say enternal night?
wink of the hidden demon-i would rather they cast spell and flare own them :D
scary gleam-aww who can b scared of cute faerie dragon ^^ but its way 2 good it can keep melee attackers back for 1 min with12 dragons while ur archers and melee tear them apart when they run back and forth from the drags

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You're apparently thickheaded at least on the Flesh Bandage skill then :D

1) CAN'T be casted upon other Necromancers.

2) There is more damage done than healed, it's just a good way of shifting HP from locations not currently drawn from. Aka, you're back from a battle and you have this worthless (not often though) pack of necromancers. Suck em dry. The idea is that Flesh Bandage DOESN'T suck mana to cast, it sucks life. The idea here is to have an auto-activate cure-like spell, only something nastier. Something like do 20 damage to heal 15 HP or something of the sort per cast.

G

Grundy2

i disagree. i think it should do more healing than damage since most AI computer players go after casters a lot. Necromancers die easily especially if you make them lose extra health from flesh bandage

G

grundy2

also if it does more damage than healing then its just like a ghetto weak version of spirit link, only 1 unit gets the benefit, and 1 unit takes EXTRA damage thats just a bad thing all together.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Not thinking, are you? IF IT HEALS MORE HP THAN IT DAMAGES, YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM MENTIONED IN THE LAST PAGE!!

Users will bounce the ability, since it doesn't require mana, to constantly cast over and over again until their army is healed...making them INSANELY cheap.

Sir, the AI can be SET to go after the spell casters. And still, if the user is SMART ENOUGH he will OBVIOUSLY GUARD HIS SPELL CASTERS WITH HIS ARMY!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Cres, I was unable to register your vote for the following reasons:
You did not pick one ability for the Priest. You said you would vote for one of two.
You did not pick one ability for the Witch Doctor. And in case you've failed to notice...All the Witch Doctor's spells are wards. I was continuing that theme of the unit.

To all: I changed the descriptions in the poll a bit, to try to make things a bit more clear. If you must, PM ME WITH QUESTIONS! Do not post and clutter up the thread *glares at Grundy2 and Rinpun* with your conversations. I will answer anything as fast as I can.

And Grundy2, you clearly don't understand the Flesh Bandage ability. Yes, it does make the Necromancers more fragile, but don't forget: they ARE getting another level to their caster upgrade, meaning they will gain a few hitpoints. But no, this spell is NOT like Spirit Link. It is an instant heal unit/damage caster ability. And if you were to heal more then damage, THEN the spell becomes cheap because you just have to bring a total of 5 Necromancers with you everytime you fight. Cast Raise dead a good 3 times with each:
3(Raise Dead spells cast) x 2(skeletons per spell) = 5
5(Skeletons per Necromancer) x 5(Necromancers) = 25 skeletons! That is the max number of possibile skeletons. Then you're free to use all your mana healing your Abominations or Frost Wyrms, but take very little damage. VERY unbalanced.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.