New Age of Warcraft

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...Dude...You're like...A MACHINE!

Anyway, I really liked the Parasite dude. Though, sadly, as I mentioned in one of our PM's, I want to reserve the spellcasters for Naga, as Murlocs are slaves to them. However, I may change it, or simply make the parasite dude a Naga. Whatever works! :D Anyway, great ideas :)

Thank you

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

Cres

Reaction score
Ya sry bout that post i did heh (not to go off topic but how do you delete a post you made?)

Naga-
Sea scorpion-
This will be a kind of heavy tank thing.
Cost- 200 gold 65 lumber
Damage- 47-56 with +7-8 each upgrade
Speed (move)- 285
armor- 5
Special Abilities
Gilloutine(Sp?)- has a chance to slow the enemies attack speed and movement speed by 15% (Upgrade)
Demolish- Deals extra damage to buildings (passive no need to research)
Spiked Shell- returns 5% dmg to enemy melee
Natural Swimming (can swim in the water like submerge etc.) not really an ability

Tidepool Striker-
This will be an earily unit like a zergling type thing (not model but purpose)
Cost- 70 gold
Damage- 5-7 +2-3 each upgrade
Speed (move)- 315
Speed (attack)- cooldown 1.3, swing 0.3, backswing 0.5 (the point is i want it to attack fast lol)
armor- 0
Special Abilities
Speed Spawn (upgrade, creates these guys 1.5 times as fast)

Tidepool Watcher-
This is a scout/patrol/lookout w/e has sight radius of 1250
cost- 120 gold 40 lumber
Damage- 12-14 +2-4 each upgrade (range 550)
Speed- 200 (yep its slow)
armor- 2
Special Abilities
Pool Reflections- must be cast at the tide pool, reveals area (range 1800) by (width 300 height 300) tidepool, cooldown is tidepool's (upgrade)

Twilight, Darkwater--Twilight Reverant (Sp?)
Stats- Agil main Intel second
+2.4 agil +2 intel +1.7 str per level
Abilities

Twilight Aura-
Increases all fellow naga units' attack speed/movement speed, varying at different times of day (like +2% at noon but +10% at night or something)
lvl1- max +10% min +3%
lvl2- max +17% min +8%
lvl3- max +23% min +13%

Summon Twilight Elemental-
(A) being(s) from the depths of the twilight zone emerge(s)
lvl1- 1 elemental damage slightly lower than water elemental 450 life, casts crushing wave
lvl2- 2 elementals damage 22-27 500 life, casts crushing wave
lvl3- 2 elementals damage 32-37 650 life, casts crushing wave (lvl2)

Aqua Blast-
Fires a water so chilling that it freezes the enemy and deals splash damage
lvl1- 125 damage, 50 splash radius with -50% damage, freezes target for 1 second
lvl2- 175 damage, 150 splash radius with -40% damage, freezes target for 2 seconds
lvl3- 245 damage, 150 splash radius with -30% damage, freezes all units hit for 2 seconds (if this is kinda rigged then just target for 2.5 seconds)

Tides of the Return-
Summons the spirit of the tide that carried the naga back to the land, flooding the area
lvl1- 275 damage to all units in a 750 radius, unable to attack (enemy units), and slows movement by 60% for 2.5 seconds

All stats are changeable if you want im just giving a frame
I think hero is original, i dont know if anyone has made something like this before but i didnt like rip it off some other map :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
... :eek:

WOW! :D Deffinatly going to use some of that, the hero sounds rather interesting. Was that original? Damn!

Thank you

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Techtree

I've worked out the Naga techtree, all the way to Tier 4! :) I'm at school now, so I can't do much to show you, but once I get home I may have a chance. Depends on if I go anywhere today (Friday's are when I actually talk to be OUTSIDE MY HOUSE! :eek: ) OR later tonight. Depends.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

D

DaFishy

wow alexander ..
========
I was thinking about making that kind of map 1 year ago ... but you created it and its really good if it really comes out!!
========
Make it for ALL melee maps
========
Work hard and Get Results!!
Your NEW AGE OF WARCRAFT Project rawks.....
========
( If can make more Races ...... not only nagas ... like .. drenais , Satyers .. ;) )
:) :) :) :) :) :)

BrokenX

Reaction score
Make a samarai race, that would be very cool if you could fit it into the game, samarais ^^.

BrokenX

D

DaFishy

i think samurais would spoil the "original look" ...
=========
not enough diffrerent samurai models .... no ideas? ... hmm
: /

DM Cross

Reaction score
As for Samurai's, they could always be Creeps for a Japenese version of NAoW, or something. I have no idea if there will be other NAoW maps in the future, since I know my next 3 projects.

I'd love to make more races. The problem? There's only 5 choices you can choose: Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf, and Random. The Naga race are going to REPLACE the Random part. Obviously I can't make masses of races (though, if I could, I would)

However, something I might do for a NAoW2, is make it 5 races, but instead of Humans, Orcs, Undead, and Night Elves, have Satyrs, Gnolls, Kobolds, etc. The Creep races could have their revenge ;) Maybe use the Humans and stuff as creeps! :D

Anyway, I'm about to make a quick Paint document of the Naga Techtree, and post it, so give me a few minutes for that :)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

-Edit-

The Naga Techtree...This is just what requires what, yadda yadda. It has the NAoW changes in it (a 4th Tier, upgraded food) but it does NOT have the Tower Techtree yet. That comes later.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/NagaTechTree.jpg

-Front Page Edit-

The picture, and all available public information about NAoW is on the first page of this thread. Check it out!

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hmm ... looks nice ...

What will the corrput shrine be or train?

Will there be any requirements for the sunken empire / atlantis thing?

The sunken treasure chest is the shop, no? :p

The shipyard is the armory or siege producer?

Hmm ... and the serpant pit (please dont tell me its medusas :p)

Cres

Reaction score
Techincally, you could just make a diologue box with all the races and say player one has chosen human player 2 has chosen naga player 3 has chosen random ect. but after the game starts

DM Cross

Reaction score
Here's a quick rundown on what each build trains/does:

Temple of Waves/Tides/Atlantis/Sunken Empire: Trains Murloc Slaves, and also has the Submerge upgrade.
The Shipyard Forge is like the Lumber Mill of the race: It's a drop point for Murloc Slaves with lumber, and has the unit upgrades.
Murloc Tidepool is where basic units are trained. Obviously the units are of the Murloc variety.
The Sunken Treasure Chest is, of course, the shop.
Shrine of Azshara is the first spell caster training building.
Spawning Grounds is where the Naga breed monsters for Siege purposes. (Dragon Turtles, and maybe even Snap Dragons to act a bit like Raiders)
The Serpent's Pit is like the Tauren Totem: Trains the "elite" unit(s) of the race.
The Corrupt Shrine is going to basically be the NAoW extra building with some new units and a new upgrade.

As for the Sunken Empire requiring more, I wasn't 100% sure what TO have as a requirement, probably just the Serpent's Pit and the Shipyard Forge. That TechTree is liable to change, so don't get too used to it ;) It IS Phase 1!

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

-About the Dialog box idea-

Yes, I realize that's possible, but I'd rather not get into Dialog boxes just yet. I'm perfectly happy with only 5 races, and if the Naga turn out really good, I may add more. Who knows, I haven't set a limit of stuff I'm going to add to this map. :)

Cres

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this, as it is already on the third or second page :mad:
Also, what is hero training place? (since temple is a town hall now) Altar of the Depths? lol

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes, the Altar of Depths is the Naga Alter (aka, the place you train heroes at :p)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Lol, that would depend on your opinion of what's good :p Personally, most people haven't had that much negative feedback, and it's fun to play, I guess. I really can't wait to finish it though, work on my books, and then start the RPG's after said books. ;) THAT will deffinately be good! :)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
This map will be good. However if you absolutly HATE melee, you may not like this map. It is an enhanced melee map. I love melee so this map looks awesome to me. Like an expansion of the game or something. Can't wait :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not great at melee games :p But I needed the practice with editing, and I have learned a lot. Plus, it's fun! :D And I have so many melee ideas, why not just keep adding to the map, right? :)

Alexander

DM Cross

Reaction score
Naga Line-Up

The Naga line-up is complete! I've decided the units and most of the Champions. I'm short one, but I decided you guys might like to see the future Naga army. Please note that you can ALWAYS post ideas for ANYTHING, and I will consider it for the game :)

Units
-Murloc Murader: These basic units are cheap and cost a mere 2 food. They're quick attackers, but have very little attack damage. Can be upgraded to Stalkers.

--Murloc Stalkers: These are an upgraded form of the Murloc Muraders. They have increased attack, and have a special ability: Rippling Walk. They can turn themselves invisible and move faster when Walking, but the invisibility is broken when they attack. Best as spies.

-Murloc Tidebreaker: These are the basic ranged units of the Naga army. They come with the Storm Breaker ability, a passive ability that cannot miss, and gives the Tidebreakers a chance to do extra damage. They also have the ability to gain Splash, where they spin, releasing a small wave of water to sting the eyes and noses of nearby enemy units. Cost 3 food, but are fairly cheap.

-Murloc Invaders: The generals of the Murloc section of the Naga army. These units are tougher then the rest of their brethren, able to take much more damage. They can learn how to Pounce, where they jump onto an enemy unit, slashing down on the victim's body, dealing considerable damage. They can also learn to cover their weapons in the oils that pollute the seas, which is a natural poison to anyone's immune system. Cost 3 food, but considerable money.

-Snap Dragons: These small and agile units can spit two kinds of acids. Their initial acid is effective against organic units, whereas their Acid Spit, an upgrade, is much more useful against buildings. These cost 3 food and moderate cost in gold.

-Dragon Turtle: These sea behemoths come with Eat Whole initially, allowing them to consume a unit. They can also learn Fearsome Appearence, which causes most units to hesitate to attack, lowering their attack and movement speed. Lastly, they initially come with bumpy hides, but the Naga trainers can sharpen these bumps into Spikes which damage any melee attackers. Very good units against buildings. Cost 4 food, and moderate gold.

-Coutal: These small little sea dragons are the scourge of all ports. While small, they can learn to carry boulders to drop down onto buildings, dealing considerable damage. These small units are only 2 food, but have a moderate gold cost.

-Naga Parasite Mage: These odd Mages are adept at parasites and disease spells. Initially, they have Parasite, a spell that infects a unit with a parasite, which will eat away at the victim until it emerges. Next, they can learn Virus, which is a small AoE spell that infects all units, enemy or allied, with a deadly virus. The Virus slowly degenerates the target's life, and when it dies, the bodily gases that are released carry the disease to new units, starting the process all over again. Possibly able to disease an entire battle field. Third, it can gain Disease, which is passive and gives it's attack a poisonous effect. Lastly, it gains Heart of Darkness, an ability that lets loose a parasite inside the caster, killing it. However, the monster that emerges is by far deadlier. A massive parasite emerges, capable of amazing damage. However, it can be killed if targeted by multiple units. However, it is infected with a Virus that will spread when it dies. These spell caster units cost considerable gold, and also cost 4 food.

-Naga Enchantress: These sneaky spell casters initially come with Disalarming Aura, an aura that slightly lowers the defense of all nearby enemy units. They can learn Soothing Touch as well, an ability that allows her allies to regain some mana. Succubi's Touch, another gained ability, alows the Enchantress to steal away the mana of her targets. Lastly, she can learn Charming Song, a song that draws nearby enemy units to her. However, the units soon revive themselves from her spell, and instantly attack her. These spell casters take 3 food, and have a moderate cost in gold.

-Naga Surgist: These Naga mages are adept at consuming and controlling the magic combat of a field. They intially come with Devour Magic and Feedback. They can learn Magic Spill, where they release their magic to regenerate the mana of their allies. Naga Surgists are Spell Immune. They require 3 food, and have a moderate cost in gold.

-Naga Sea Hunter: These Naga warriors are swift and agile, and adept at hunting and catching just about anything. They can learn the Spiked Net ability, an ability that catches flying units in a net and brings it to the ground. As the trapped unit struggles to fly again, it is cut and scratched on the spikes that line the net, causing it damage. It can also learn Befriend Beast, an ability that allows the Sea Hunter to befriend any sea-type unit level 5 or below. However, it can only befriend ONE(1) sea-beast. Cost 4 food, and have a fairly considerable cost.

-Naga Abomination: Nothing like the Undead Abominations, these massive Naga are the pride of the race. They are trained for battle from birth, and show it in their skills. They initially come with Slip and Slither, an ability that allows them to slide away from enemy blows. They can learn Icy Touch, another passive ability that grants them a slowing effect to their attacks. Lastly, they can learn Repressed Rage, an ability that gives them a very small chance to do massive extra damage. These units have a high cost, and take up 5 food.

-Naga Maelstrom Mage: These fearsome mages are legend amongst even the Naga, but some of the most adept Maelstrom Mages have stepped forth, willing to lend their talents to the Naga's cause. They initially come equipped with the Maelstrom Aura ability, which causes all enemy units to take a decrease in attack damage. They can also gain the ability to summon Maelstrom Elementals which rage about the battlefield, dealing damage to all enemy units that come within their path.

Heroes
Twilight Reverant
-Twilight Aura
Increases all fellow naga units' attack speed/movement speed, varying at different times of
-Summon Twilight Elemental
(A) being(s) from the depths of the twilight zone emerge(s)
-Aqua Blast
Fires a water so chilling that it freezes the enemy and deals splash damage
-Tides of the Return
Summons the spirit of the tide that carried the naga back to the land, flooding the area
lvl1- 275 damage to all units in a 750 radius, unable to attack (enemy units), and slows movement by 60% for 2.5 seconds

Aquatic Enforcer
A brute force, melee naga powerhouse, 'the tip of the spear', good at heading formations and leading naga into battle
-Vengeance Of The Ocean
All units CONTROLLED BYT THE PLAYER gain a minor attack bonus, and otherwise it serves as a regular aura for units near him. These only work if he is alive, however. Obviously, this is one of the most useful seplls for the naga; small effects will add up, and with a full army this can be devastating. They DONT stack however
-Coralbone Blade
Adds damage to his attack and gives him slight range along with minor splash, in exchange of large mana lossage
-Unbroken Rivers
The underground rivers beneath the Aquatic Enforcer break free of their channels and head for the surface; random geysers appear around him as he channels for a few seconds, tossing units in the air and possibly scalding them at later levels
-Magic Whirpool
Channels for one second, then summons a large, flattened blue tornado on an area, draining the mana of all the units in it except for allied, giving it to the whirpool, shunting it off to the Aquatic Enforcer, with the excess going to nearby spellcasters, and then keeping a portion of the remainder for itself; the whirpool needs magic do function. It has a large AoE, so obviously this spell can render whole legions of spell casters ineffective, and then supercharge your own, with devastating results.

Medusa
-Guise
Turns the Medusa into a random Critter for a certain amount of time, slowing her down. However, her enemies will never see her until she attacks, which gains some surprise damage.
-Snake Traits
The Medusa is very agile and flexible, while having strong limbs and sharp claws and teeth. It has a small percentage to deal extra damage on a hit, while having a much larger chance to evade attacks.
-Spit Acid
The Medusa can spit acid at a unit which wil cause it to take small damage over a great length of time.
-Stone Cold Gaze
The Medusa's magical gaze can turn a unit to stone, but beware of misclick: This ability can work on allies, too!

Naga Concepts
Swimming and Submerge
Naturally, like always, the Naga and sea beast units (excluding the flying Coutal) can swim and submerge (with the Submerge upgrade) While the Murloc creatures are amphibious, they cannot swim.

Naga Structures
Naga structures are designed specifically for water terrain. As such, all buildings built within shallow water slowly regenerate health.

Extra Upgrades
The Naga units are all very weak initially. However, they also have more upgrades then any other race, a total of 6. (2 levels of upgrades for tier 2 and 4) The idea behind this is that people will spend more money on upgrading their units to make them better, then actually buying masses of mediocre units.

Magic Advantage
Naga are extremely magical units, even moreso then the Undead and Night Elves. As such, their true power lays in their spell casters, who are the strongest (as in just attack and defense) spell casters of the entire game. However, their melee units are not as powerful (for balancing purposes)

All Naga spell casters have the ability Karma. This states that when an enemy unit targets a Naga spell caster, they recieve a small jolt, dealing minium damage.

The Naga theme
The Naga are considered weak and broken by their lust for magic, but they have turned into their strength. They have some of the strongest spell casters, in simple combat. Combine that with their spells, and they're a force to be reckoned with. While most races specialize in strength, speed, magic or diversity, the Naga race specializes in adaptation. They start off weak, but with enough money and time, their upgrades will allow them to become possibly the most dominating force on the field. Best to try to eradicate them quick, lest they become too much for you.

Naga Credits:
Shadowy Fear for his multitude of unit ideas, and for helping me decide the theme behind the Naga.
Rinpun for his multitude of concept ideas, and his Enforcer hero.
Cres for his AMAZING Twilight Revenant hero.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.