New Age of Warcraft

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The New Age of Warcraft map may soon have it's own forum at the Broken Ages Mapping site, a forum site for the team of (so far) me and BrokenX. I'll keep you posted about news of this, as right now the site is under development.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

M

Marksman

Looks good. I'm glad to see the nagas have a very distinct flavor instead of being just random mosh of units thrown together.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Broken Ages Mapping

Thank you, Marksman. I did try to put a lot of thought into the few units I made up, as well as the Hero I made (Medusa) However, I have to give a lot of credit to Shadowy Fear who really helped me come up with the theme to the Naga, and quite a few of the units. Also, Cres and Rinpun each gave me a great hero that I cannot wait to get started on :)

Anyway, big news, people! As of yesterday, NAoW has gotten an OFFICIAL home! :D Thanks to Broken Ages Mapping, NAoW will now have it's own forum on this site. Please, check it out, and if you want, register! :)

Broken Ages Mapping is a mapping team composed of, currently, me and BrokenX. There are 2 projects going on, Soronomai Legend and New Age of Warcraft. However, the site is under development, so expect to see many new things added to the forum in the coming days.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
This sounds great alexander :D

Btw, do you need names for the naga upgrades? :p

Oh, and im just curious, but wasnt the naga Enforcer originally my idea, not rinpuns (no offense rinpun :p) ... im not sure, but it seems awfully familiar to me ... especially considering you used my exact phrases and typos, lol :p

Cant wait for it ! :D

And do you know how you're going to trigger that? :p Some of ... rinpuns ... :p spells, such as magic whirpool, seem pretty complex ...

DM Cross

Reaction score
Um, WAS it your hero? :confused: Sorry if it was. I may have to change the credits, but Rinpun still helped with all...Most :D of the concepts.

BTW, Shadowy, I would love for you to join the Broken Ages forum, and maybe even the team ;) Any maps you make would then be featured on the site. Again, it's new so it's small and doesn't have a lot of members, but I expect to change that soon enough :)

As for the triggers, yes, Rinpun is WELL KNOWN for giving me complicated spells to make :) However, he usually winds up fixing them when I screw it up ;)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

Brought to you, courtesy of
Broken Ages Mapping

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Haha, all right, Ill join your forum right now :D

Yes, im positive that that was my hero ... lol, considering you just copy+pasted the whole thing, with my own sayings :p and a couple tpyo's er smoethng//

Lol, if I can ever get the concept on one of my maps down firmly enough to actually follow through with it (so many maps iv abandoned :p) then ill post some there :p. Just doodled the basic concept of my Jurassic Park: Reborn or whatever it was map of mine in math today ... (so far, I have the landing strip for the airplane :p).

I HIGHLY recomend the forest creation loop trigger in the free trigger thread; its one of the simplest, and yet most useful triggers here! I was bored, so I created a whole forest map (and then set my peasants to deforest it ... hehehe :)).

Well, ill stop this now before it gets more off - topic! :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with what you're talking about, so what does this trigger actually DO?

Alexander

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Haha, its my hero :D

Oh, um, it basically (its extreeeeeeeeemly simple, just 2 basic GUI triggers, ones just a turn off switch, the other is a loop) creates a randomly placed forest by generating a tree every .1 seconds in a random place in an area, and then that loops for x seconds, until the other trigger kicks in and shuts it off. (see free trigger thread) I have tried it, and it really works wonders :D. It saves you from having to create a forest by hand (or mouse :p) and makes it completely random, ensuring that each time you play, there is a different tileset. Although it probably wouldn't work that great in your map, but for giant jungles and forests, its the best :D. You can loop other doodads into the trigger too to create the ultimate random jungle :D. And even add regions to remove doodads, to make vegatation seem sparse or remove trees altogether.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ah, I see. A cool concept, yes, but as you stated, I doubt such a thing would work very well for this map. I'd wind up having to build around trees ;) But I'll keep it in mind for future maps :) Or maybe even SL

Alexander

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Alright, after playing one game as Orc against a Night Elf, here is what I have discovered.

This is all based on Beta 3.0 for refrence in 4.0

Without even playing the other races, I get a hunch that Orc is the most powerful race. I mean take this as an example, if you play melee, you know that some people tend to ues the strategy of massing watch towers, and massing bat riders. This is almost an auto win strategy. With the addition of the new towers, this becomes inevitable. Also, by late game, grunts end up becoming killing machines. I didn't even upgrade their damage at all, but with the two grunt upgrades and full armor upgrades 5 grunts couldn't be beaten. This was untill the faerie dragons came along...

There were many faerie dragons, and I was thinking they were useless, untill i saw their new move. It doesn't really need any balance as far as how much mana it drains or how much damage it does, it mainly just needs an AOE reduction.

Another thing, the spell Lightning Bolt on the shamans doesnt require the third level to use, and it has a mispelling in the tooltip, it says "Lightning Boolt".

The creeps aren't distributed properly IMO, the two green camps you get allow you to reach only level 2 before having to face orange camps. This usually isnt good enough, depending on the camp and the units you have. Also, the creeps surrounding the dragon roosts aren't strong enough. I was able to quickly beat them and mass dragons after not too long.

Well, that's all I could think of right now, hope it helps :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ah, thank you, Malice, I'll look into each one next time I start to work on the map :)

As for you, Shadowy Fear: Check your messages. I replied without wasting the time and possible wasted effort of e-mailing you. The topic is important, as well. :)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear is the newest member of Broken Ages Mapping :) Once he decides a solid name and gives me a map description, his Jurassic Park map will be featured on our site.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Um your forgetting that I actually need to MAKE the map, lol :p :D. I still have only about 20 squares of terrain done, lol :p. But thanks, I will put it up there when possible and join there is I havent already in a little bit :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Slow Work

Just a note to anyone who follows this map:

I've lately been putting a lot of work into the new Broken Ages forum, so the work on the map has become a 0 for the past few days. Once we get things set up and start gainning a few members and possibly a new admin, or a mod or two, I'll get more time to myself, but for now, just bare with me and try to live without NAoW information for awhile

Sorry

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
UPDATE!

I finally got to work on the map a bit more today. All the updates are explained here.

Also, quite a few bugs and balance problems were found, but I fixed them. You can read about it here.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Poll

There is currently a poll going on at the BAM site, please check it out and vote! :D The poll is to decide whether or not to add a new map feature.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
More work was done to NAoW, today, but you'll have to check out the BAM forums to read about it ;)

Also, don't forget to vote on the poll for NAoW's next possible big feature! :D

Please register, too, as it would mean a lot to me, NAoW, and the young community of BAM! :)

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Cres, both a TH member, and a BAM member, has suggested the fourth Naga Champion! Read about it here!

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
This forum will now be used for polls, and to show REALLY big news for the map. There is now an NAoW updates thread, where I will link you to all the news of NAoW that is shown on the BAM forums.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-
-BAM Admin-​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.