Sci/Tech New Apple maps app under fire from users

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Inaccuracies and misplaced towns and cities in Apple's new map software have provoked anger from users.

In June Apple announced it would stop using Google Maps in favour of its own system, created using data from navigation firm TomTom and others.

Apple is yet to comment on the complaints about the software, which comes already installed on the new iPhone.

TomTom said it provided only data and was not responsible for how it worked. The software is packaged with iOS6, the latest version of Apple's operating system, which runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Read more here.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
is is Google maps gone completely, or just not the default? also, I heard the $50 Garmin app was among the most popular ones, despite the high cost

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
is is Google maps gone completely, or just not the default? also, I heard the $50 Garmin app was among the most popular ones, despite the high cost

Google Map app has not been certified by Apple yet. Google did announced that they had finished Google Map app for iOS 6. All that's left is for Apple to decide whether to "scrap" their Apple Map app or continue going forward with it.

As for whether or not it's the default Map app, I'm not sure. I think it's deliberately left out by Apple.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
*cough cough get an android cough cough*

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Apple Maps is now the default Maps for iOS. Google Maps has been removed. Google has submitted their own "standalone" version into the AppStore. Apple has yet to approve it and may decide not to approve it at all if they don't want it competing with their Maps app.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.