New Diablo 3 Community Site Online!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/

It seems as if Blizzard has just opened up the D3 Beta Community Website for business! This community site and forum will be used for any/all future information regarding Diablo3, as opposed to the outdated site we've currently been following. In order to post on these forums, you must have an active WoW subscription or a Starcraft II license on your Battle.net account. Once the Beta is released, having a Beta license will also grant you access to these forums. If you do not have an active WoW subscription, or SC2, and end up not getting into the D3 Beta, you can continue posting on the Legacy Forums. While this isn't a huge announcement, it's still something to be happy about, as it seems like we are getting closer and closer to the September Beta announcement.

Also keep in mind, the new community site is live for all regions, so just look at the bottom of the new community site to change your region, if you're from the EU, etc.

Welcome post on the actual site:
Our new Diablo III community site is now live! Welcome to your sanctuary for all the latest developments from New Tristram and beyond, featuring community forums and regular blog updates. You can post comments and share Diablo III news items via Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media outlets, and be sure to check out the new Diablo III news feed regularly. We’ll use it to share the latest Diablo III information and to highlight recent community activity, including your most entertaining videos, art, comics, fansites, and more.
Head over to the new site, get acquainted, and be sure to return often. We've got a lot in store leading up to the release of Diablo III, including the launch of the Game Guide section featuring lore, characters, classes, maps, and more. Additionally, you’ll find us on the new Diablo III forums. We look forward to sharing and discussing all the latest Diablo III news, content, and updates with you for a long time to come.

NEWS! FINALLY!

also, a quote from bashiok a little earlier which is sort of relevant:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27830812895&sid=3000#0

Bashiok said:
Q u o t e:
d3 forums coming when beta is released apparently.

Sooner. Like. Real soon.

Bashiok said:
p.s. jk, does this mean forums before beta perhaps?!

Most indubitably. They'll require an active WoW or SC2 license to post, though, since there won't be a Diablo III beta license yet.

We won't allow "classic" Battle.net keys. I think that was probably obvious, though.

Bashiok said:
Why wouldn't you put in a restriction on just having a B.net ID?
Why require other games?

We have a concept of high-level Battle.net accounts, but there's no such thing as an account-wide ID, so to allow people to post we have to have some kind of attachment to a product.

One, because we want there to be some way to actually have a punishment mean something if they're suspended/banned from the forums they can't just make a new Battle.net account and keep breaking whatever rules they want to, but second so we actually have an identity to display which they create in either StarCraft II or World of Warcraft.

Q u o t e:
How about when the beta is finally out. Will you then lock it down to D3 Beta users only?

No, because there's only a limited number of people that are going to get into the beta and we want people to be able to talk about the game assuming they won't have a game license until they can buy it.

We will have specific beta forums where only people with beta licenses can post, though.

Bashiok said:
Q u o t e:
awesome so i have been playing d2 since release
in fact i have a game open right now
i iwll be getting d3 at release but because i do not like starcraft or wow i can't post just awesome !

We're planning to leave this forum open until release of the game for those that don't own WoW or SC2.

Bashiok said:
Q u o t e:
Right, that's what I was referring to.
I meant New B.Net2.0.

But we still don't have Battle.net-wide ID's even on the new Battle.net system (something we'd like to address at some point). We have a login, which is generally an email address.

Q u o t e:
Well, this is true, but I'm sure your networking guys are as good as I am and can lock out IPs/Mac addresses, if they want to go through all the work to spoof both to troll on the forums, let em ;)

Well, no, if you're banned from the WoW of SC2 forums (or D3 forums for that matter) you'd need to buy the game again and make a new account to post again. We ban on the license level, not IP.

AKA now we have website and forums, meaning BETA IS NEXT FUCK YEAH

[youtube]9OjUKZsEdJg[/youtube]

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Took you long enough :p

NA only. Everything in the wallpaper section has been posted here before.

There is some cool fanart though click

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Now everybody is a happy? do you guys get the same articles and whatnot as us?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I will most certainly not be happy until I get a betakey(or several)

And I think so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.