New DIII media

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I know I haven't uploaded anything in 3+ weeks but there is another project I am working on (a project which forced me too stop my diablo II blog) I had some free time today, so I decided to make a new thread with some unposted DIII media here ^_^

Enjoy

view_ss21-hires.jpg

view_ss36-hires.jpg

view_ss26-hires.jpg

view_ss49-hires.jpg

view_ss45-hires.jpg

view_ss86-hires.jpg

view_ss87-hires.jpg

view_ss92-hires.jpg

view_ss67-hires.jpg

view_ss24-hires.jpg

view_ss45-hires.jpg

view_ss34-hires.jpg

view_ss59-hires.jpg

view_ss52-hires.jpg

view_ss64-hires.jpg

view_ss57-hires.jpg

view_ss29-hires.jpg

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
The two last pics with the Wizard (the last ones you posted before the edit) are the best. I dunno what that skill is, but it looks damn cool.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is frost nova. Lookin' good. And the fact that DIII is comming out in Q4 is just as perfect as it can get- I will get my new PC arround October this year, and I will run it on max (and actually play SCII on something higher than the lowest lol)

Due to hackers in battle.net 2.0 I have some free PC time on my hands. I will make a new batch of SS's today !

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
And the fact that DIII is comming out in Q4 is just as perfect as it can get!

That's if everything goes according to plan, and nothing, ever, goes according to plan. sadly.

@ the last wizard picture... LOOK AT ALL THAT BLOOD AND GUTS! :3

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how the monsters are falling in the pit in this picture.
view_ss87-hires.jpg

If this is not hardcoded it will be the first game i saw with such a good engine.

Offtopic: No Spoiler Tags?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it's not hardcoded, i think ive seen it in the gameplay vids where the char hits/casts a spell on the units and it had them falling off (dont quote me though) and yes it is very awesome

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Of course it is not hard scripted... same shit is happening in SCII if you slice a marine in half with a zeal near a cliff.

Diablo 3 is gonna rock... question is, how will blizzard deal with the PvP and new mods. I read that they are looking for tons of new concepts in terms of arenas and different play styles that will come in time... the guy who was commenting on the article said something like

"Translation- DIII will have CTF in it's expos" :D

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Of course it is not hard scripted... same shit is happening in SCII if you slice a marine in half with a zeal near a cliff.

I never knew that! time to place some marines near cliffs and kill em with zealots? i think so!

I don't know if they will be able to make it work. thinking of diablo and the diablo playstyle ctf seems like it would be too hard to make fit in. if they do get it good then im all for it but i dont want em wasting resources on it if they cant.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score

Diablo 3 is gonna rock... question is, how will blizzard deal with the PvP and new mods. I read that they are looking for tons of new concepts in terms of arenas and different play styles that will come in time... the guy who was commenting on the article said something like

In starcraft 2 its just a visual effect, what i wanna know is if it will become like a gameplay aspect, that if you, say, use some kind of knockback skill on an enemy near a cliff you can push him down.
wouldnt be nice in multiplayer though.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I see what you mean... probably not, even though interaction with the surroundings is key elements in games like gears of war, prince of persia, and just about any action game, in Diablo the entire power is centered in the player and the mobs, the terriain is just to test your micro creativity, it doesn't have vital effect in the battle gameplay, therefore I highly doubt it... would be cool though, atleast for the lesser class creatures, like the fallen in DII.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I see what you mean... probably not, even though interaction with the surroundings is key elements in games like gears of war, prince of persia, and just about any action game, in Diablo the entire power is centered in the player and the mobs, the terriain is just to test your micro creativity, it doesn't have vital effect in the battle gameplay, therefore I highly doubt it... would be cool though, atleast for the lesser class creatures, like the fallen in DII.

Actually, Blizzard has stated that there are some terrain mechanics that will effect combat, such as knocking down doorways on top of mobs, and stuff like that.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Actually, Blizzard has stated that there are some terrain mechanics that will effect combat, such as knocking down doorways on top of mobs, and stuff like that.

Ive actually seen videos where a spell destroys some of the wall and crushes some fallen, and another scene where he hit a switch and a large concrete block fell on some enemies too. sounds good to me though, it makes combat that much more tactical. sort of like in fable where i run near a cliff, wait for the enemies to go near me, spin around them so the cliff is at them and then bam an aoe spell that smashes them off the cliff.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ive actually seen videos where a spell destroys some of the wall and crushes some fallen, and another scene where he hit a switch and a large concrete block fell on some enemies too. sounds good to me though, it makes combat that much more tactical. sort of like in fable where i run near a cliff, wait for the enemies to go near me, spin around them so the cliff is at them and then bam an aoe spell that smashes them off the cliff.

F yeah, F yeah, F yeah, F yeah, F yeah !!!1

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.