New Forum ?

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Im just wondering if we can create-open new fourm that can care about Programming languages like (C#,C++,VB.NET.....), and other related issues,
So is that possible?
thanx.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda of its has programming but website programming

Webmaster General
Get help on HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript and more. Discuss web design, forums, hosting, web promotion and other webmaster issues.

There is other Programming other then Websites

So I think it would be a good item

Computer Tech help

Same thing

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Kinda of its has programming but website programming

Webmaster General
Get help on HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript and more. Discuss web design, forums, hosting, web promotion and other webmaster issues.

There is other Programming other then Websites

So I think it would be a good item

Computer Tech help

Same thing

You are clearlly described my opinion ;)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
It wouldn't be in Webmaster Tech because programming languages are not all for webdesign.
Comp tech is mostly for hardware but it would still fit right in there.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Personally, I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. However, the issue that admins face when thinking about a new forum is the same as always - Will there be enough support for it? Basically, prove to the staff that there's enough interest, support, and need for a new forum, and you'll have yourself a new forum. :p

Until then, you can make topics concerning programming in GD to prove that said interest exists.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Wanna know a neat little trick?

Get a lot of threads about the same topic. Eventually, we will build a forum FOR that topic. Supply. Demand. Demand the forum and we will supply ^.^

Behold /\ The secret to the birth of forums like the Graphics Zone and Writer's Corner ^.^

DM Cross

Reaction score
Spam? Did I say spam the forums?

No, I said get threads about the same topic. Threads. Not spam. I don't consider spam to be respectable enough to be categorized with "posts" or "threads", even if it's true by definition. Spam is a disease.

I am the cure :cool: :shades:

Yeah, I went there, dawg.

Reaction score
WoRd To ThAt HoMmIe 'G' =P

Yeah I was just saying that he might spam to get some topics going then etc...

But I guess he knows better =]

DM Cross

Reaction score
If he doesn't, not only will he hurt the chance to get this forum created, but he won't be around to ever see it come to fruition :)

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Personally, I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. However, the issue that admins face when thinking about a new forum is the same as always - Will there be enough support for it? Basically, prove to the staff that there's enough interest, support, and need for a new forum, and you'll have yourself a new forum. :p

Until then, you can make topics concerning programming in GD to prove that said interest exists.
Okay, I got it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So just get support on it and it will be come a forum :D

I always wanted to learn more programming
I pretty much only know outside of websites and WE is
JBasic which you can't use pretty much I barely no anything out of that

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well the first line of our General Tech Zone's title says
"Need help with anything computer-related?"

But this forum doesn't have so much activity that we need to split it (compare the number of topics per day with WE Help Zone for instance).
I also recall a couple of programming related topics in General Tech here and there, but they received very little attention, save got a solution.
That said I would also like to point out that programming isn't something hard to find on the internet whatsoever.
In fact just about every (better known) language has at least a couple decent, (very) active, dedicated forum boards. A google search would defiantly do the trick here.

So anyway...if you have something to ask, programming related or otherwise, you don't need a special forum to do so.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well you could always make a child forum to the computer tech or something
If you think it wouldn't be necessary forum

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Yep, a (sub)forum can be created easily, but...
What would you put in there?
Got a large amount of recent topics that can be moved?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.