New Icons and achivements.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Aiur Chef
Executor Chef – Cook at least one of each dish in all three rounds of one game of Aiur Chef.
Virtuoso -Win a game of Aiur Chef. Awards Zealot Chef portrait.
Supreme Cuisine – Score over 2000 points in a game of Aiur Chef.The Heat Is On – Kill another zealot chef when hit by the Great Equalizer.
Allez Cuisine! – Cook two dishes within 30 seconds of each other.
Left 2 Die
Live and Let Die – Complete the “Left 2 Die” scenario on Normal difficulty.
Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em – Kill a Stank before it kills anything on Hard difficulty. Awards Stank portrait.
Die Another Day – Complete the “Left 2 Die” scenario on Hard difficulty.
Here Comes the Hammer – Complete the “Left 2 Die” scenario before the fifth night on Brutal difficulty.
License to Kill – Complete the “Left 2 Die” scenario on Brutal difficulty.
Night Of The Living – Survive 5 Infested Horde Attacks in the “Night 2 Die” mode of the “Left 2 Die” scenario.
Night Of The Living II – Survive 10 Infested Horde Attacks in the “Night 2 Die” mode of the “Left 2 Die” scenario.
Night Of The Living III – Survive 15 Infested Horde Attacks in the “Night 2 Die” mode of the “Left 2 Die” scenario.
StarJeweled
Tag Team – Win a 2v2 game of ‘StarJeweled’ with no A.I. players.
Jewel Crafter – Win a 1v1 game of ‘StarJeweled’ against a Medium A.I. opponent.
Jewel Star – Win a 1v1 game of ‘StarJeweled’ against a Hard A.I. opponent.
Jewel Super Star – Win a 1v1 game of ‘StarJeweled’ against a Very Hard A.I. opponent.
Jewel Rock Star – Win a 1v1 game of ‘StarJeweled’ against an Insane A.I. opponent.
Jewel of Denial – Heal 3000 points of damage in a game of ‘StarJeweled’ using the Healing Wave ability. Awards Ornatus portrait.
World of Orecraft – Do a 6 combo gem break and receive “For the Swarm” notification in a game of ‘StarJeweled’.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the Ornatus portrait :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have any of the portraits... probably won't work to get any, still this wasn't posted here, so I decided to post it ^_^

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found Ortnatus easy, just 4 games of StarJeweled.

Easiest way is to buy an Ultralisk (500 energy) and then just keep it alive by healing it everytime it reaches half health.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
All of them were easy - for the left 2 die one you just mass PT's with upgrades + repair.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Don't know where the easy part comes in, but I actually managed the 15 waves achievement in Night 2 Die mode... without partner! Solo!

night2die15achievements.jpg

Can still see the Mighty Hero-SCV, last of its kind.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get him out of there... clearly deserves the Ubermedal of Wootness :D

Yes, it's within seconds, quite literally.
But that's enough :cool:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Don't know where the easy part comes in, but I actually managed the 15 waves achievement in Night 2 Die mode... without partner! Solo!
I meant it was easy to get the Stank portrait. :p (Which I also did solo)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I can't even get close to beating an insane in starjeweled.. is there any trick to getting more points besides just going for as many 3-in-a-row's as you can? (and getting luck on the rest?)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Luck is a key factor. Just play 3-4 hours straight. You are bound to hit an uberhigh lucky streak sooner or later (that is the plus on the chance games, FUUUU blizz for maiking melee so unchancy :D)

celerisk

Reaction score
I meant it was easy to get the Stank portrait. :p (Which I also did solo)

Indeed. Easiest ever.
A couple Marauders is all it takes to hit & run him to death.

Or, optionally, wait an extra night or two, get 2 PFs in your choke and 20+ tanks on high-ground.

Or, if all else fails, get a really good partner and let him do it :p (both get the achievement. As, well, obviously, if he doesn't have any kills, he didn't kill anything of yours either)

Luck is a key factor.

Clearly.
Presumably, you don't even start all with the same initial board...

Fast spamming 3s and the occasional reset seem to do it.

A "better" option of course, is just to play more.
If you happen to know someone who played Bejeweled for ages... you're in for some "There. No, THERE! Damnit, man, don't you see that 5-combo???"
Frankly, no, I don't see that 5-combo.
I don't even see that 2-combo.
And I don't exactly plan either to play enough to start seeing them.

Well, for me that's really just a demo map that shows what can be done.

For now I need a Left 2 Die "brutal" partner.
Or, perhaps, I'll start solo-ing that one too. It's bound to work sooner or later :p

I tend to simply go with the difficulty that my "partner" goes for.
Every now and then, you get someone that goes "casual", and for obvious reasons once you see him play.
Just as every now and then you get someone for "brutal" for no reason whatsoever.

- Dying first night
- Who needs a second bunker?
- 200 Zerg Biostuff in the "bank"
- Tanks as direct and only counter to Spotters
- 10+ SCVs near the Science Facility
- No SCVs for repair nearby
- No defense in the mineral line
- One SCV to repair 5+ bunkers
- 2000+ minerals in the bank
- 12 SCVs total, 5 minutes into the game
- Never heard of resource sharing (yes, Zergstuff is a resource too!)
- "What's this map about?" (yes, on "brutal" of course. Where else?)

Plenty "interesting" really :p
Play more and you'll see them all. And then some.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I got to a bit over 45 minutes with YourFace on N2D.

We went Medics, Goliaths, Siege Tanks, Neosteel. After that we just got whatever the hell we felt like.

We went 3 bunkers for the east and west entrances. One PF for north and south entrances. I put my Siege Breakers on the highground (one on each) and my Hell's Angels on the north highground.

I just massed MMM after that. I put 2-3 SCV's per PF and 3 SCV's on my 3 bunkers.

YourFace got the south side and I got the north side.

Stank was pretty easy to get.

I'm seeing all these people getting the N2D achievements so easily, whereas it took me and YourFace like 6 hours to get ours.

I saw someone with like 102 minutes of survival. Crazy!

celerisk

Reaction score
Ehm... and that's it? 3 bunkers and a PF?
I'm surprised you made it past... well, past whatever really, say wave 5+.

Twice the supply and double the mercenaries (as compared to solo) clearly helps, but not that much, now, does it?

And, no, 6 hours is nothing really.
I easily doubled that :p

And an insane amount of games I gave up in less than 5 minutes.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah, we did it with only 3 bunkers and a PF. I could probably upload the replay sometime, but I'm in class right now.

I was surprised too. Once we got Goliaths and Tanks, the going to so easy.

TBH, it only got hard in the end because of the sheer numbers of units.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That's a good point to make. We did scatter the tanks. We had a couple tanks along the ledge on each plateau and a couple along the back ledge. I also made sure to try and focus fire chokers if they got a hold on any units. I kept a few SCV's and Goliaths on each plateau to kill any Spotters.

A good strategy is once you're mined out and have no more use for excess SCV's, send them out to die.

I also note that when possible, MAX your food THEN buy mercenaries. This allows you to go slightly over the 200 food count and every bit helps.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Yea, tanks only fire the required number of shots at each enemy.
So you just didn't have enough tanks :3

I didn't know Goliaths were useful. I remembered how stupidly useless they were in the Campaign mission where you get them so I haven't made a single one of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.