New iMacs!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1) Not everyone has the expertise to build their own computer
2) OS X is beautiful, I think Windows 7 is pretty ugly
3) The beauty of my MacBook trackpad ... I've never, ever used a laptop with something as great as it
4) The boot up is ~30 seconds after being completely off
5) Not everyone knows how to build a computer

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is that good? 30 seconds is a lot... mine takes like 8 seconds, and it's not even a very good computer.

Agreed.

>tooltip

2 of those points are subjective, 1 and 5 are the same, 4 is questionable if that is so good. It cuts it down to about 1 and a bit valid points IMO.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My computer is a Dell OptiPlex GX520 with Ubuntu it boots up in 12.36 (timed) seconds... yours boots up in 30?! o_O

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
1) Not everyone has the expertise to build their own computer
5) Not everyone knows how to build a computer

isn't that the best reason to build your own? as a learning experience? that way, when something dies, you don't pay an arm and a leg for a new one, or bug the "techie" in your family?

3) The beauty of my MacBook trackpad ... I've never, ever used a laptop with something as great as it
how many other laptops that were as expensive as a MacBook have you used? there are plenty of "business" laptops with great touchpads, I would say that the thinkpad line has better touchpads then the MacBooks, but my order of preference is mouse > nub > touchpad anyways, so I guess it's more of a moot point for me

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I find my mum's 2010 13" MacBook Pro (250GB 5400 HDD) boots gets to the login screen in maybe 10 seconds, 15 at most. My iMac on the other hand takes much longer, more like 30 seconds. Too bad I didn't know the cons of a larger HDD (2TB 7200) as a boot drive before I bought my machine... I'm downgrading to a 1TB HDD in the new model, I wish they had 500GB options. Or Intel X25-M G2 SSDs, I won't buy whatever that SSD thing is they sell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.