General New law 'needed to protect secrets'

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Anti-terror laws should be strengthened to prevent leaks of official secrets, former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Blair has told the BBC.

He was speaking after police seized what they said were thousands of classified documents from David Miranda - the partner of a Guardian journalist.

Lord Blair said publication of such material could put lives at risk. He suggested new laws were needed to cover those who obtained secret material without proper authority. The Home Office has defended the use of anti-terror laws to question Mr Miranda, but some have criticised the tactics.

Mr Miranda is the partner of Glenn Greenwald, who has been reporting on US and British surveillance programmes revealed by US whistle-blower Edward Snowden.

Read Moar Here.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Honestly, the only thing we should be keeping secret are experimental or other advanced weapons so that terrorist groups can't get their hands on them. Anything else, if they don't want us finding out about it then they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Honestly, the only thing we should be keeping secret are experimental or other advanced weapons so that terrorist groups can't get their hands on them.

Surveillance could be viewed as a form of weapon.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
This is going exactly the wrong way around. This will lead to the next nazi stronghold. Just give it some more years and ww3 will be close.

I'm not very sure how it will come to a Nazi Stronghold, but Ok. With all the spying and what not, it sure does feel like every Nation has it's own Stasi.

Nevertheless, the more I know about who is spying on me, the more I feel naked and humiliated. Once those who are spying on me are pusnish I will feel at least a little bit relieved. I don't quite get what these new laws are trying to accomplish, but I hope they don't neutralize their impending punishment.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Nazi in the way of hating jews and talking german but more like surpressing the citizens, burning books, supporting hate crimes, etc. They want to keep the general population stupid. They dont want them to know what the government is doing.
People are just the sheep send by the shepherd to do his bidding.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I find it funny that most governments, USA being the biggest bully, keep secrets from us, gather information and expose people when ever they find it nessescary. But as soon as someone take a bit of their cookie, they go all ape shit on people and give them worse sentences than child rapists. More or less truth.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Lord Blair said publication of such material could put lives at risk.
More like put the careers of government agents at risk.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Government does not have a right to cover stuff up. The live and rule by precedent though. It has been done before so they just follow the same formula over and over again.

For someone high up in that stuff with knowledge playing the edges becomes possible, though. With the Technology we have now. Someone like Snowden could have easily dodged the tracking as well as I used to MVP Tech Support on the Blizzard Forums. It is what he did. He did it well.

There is alot out, governments don't want you to know, because it just works like that and especially with the British, and they are trying to gag people. The British like to take away your liberties. Everything Repeats because it is so easy that way.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
The Government does not have a right to cover stuff up. The live and rule by precedent though. It has been done before so they just follow the same formula over and over again.

For someone high up in that stuff with knowledge playing the edges becomes possible, though. With the Technology we have now. Someone like Snowden could have easily dodged the tracking as well as I used to MVP Tech Support on the Blizzard Forums. It is what he did. He did it well.

There is alot out, governments don't want you to know, because it just works like that and especially with the British, and they are trying to gag people. The British like to take away your liberties. Everything Repeats because it is so easy that way.

Easy is by all means not the best way.
Someday I will buy my own territory and redefine what it means to be free :D
No more evil money, no more luxury. Just fair trade and the privilage of living at your own pace.
That aside, "Freedom" should be replaced with "slightly free".

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
The Government gains power due to the people.
We shouldn't fear the Government, they should fear the people.

Of course, you could just turn 95% of the entire population into fat, lazy and unintelligent idiots - blind them with Miley Cyris twerking and they won't give a sh*t what goes on. Even my own mother doesn't know who Snowden is, because he hasn't received much coverage of late and people are 'forgetting'.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Of course, you could just turn 95% of the entire population into fat, lazy and unintelligent idiots -

I watched a show called "Whisker Wars" for the first time the other day. After watching the show and looovviing it! I realized that I was a part of the 95%. Oh well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.