New Map: DOTA: Free Dota Template 1.0

• Thread starter Tutorials Maps Page
  • Start date
T

Tutorials Maps Page

DOTA: Free Dota Template 1.0
By SD_Ryoko and AceHart

Just add Heroes and items! A free DotA template for any mapper to use. Includes all the popular game modes and more. Multiboard, tally score, allpick, allrandom, id, revive creeps and more.

DOTA: Free Dota Template 1.0

137.jpg

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I haven't opened it up yet, but would this be flexible? Ultimately what is possible
with this is up to the skills of the mapper, but what I mean is can you radically alter the terrain and other features without hopelessing ruining it? In other words, is it easy to modify the system to suit your needs? This question is rather irrelevant to me since I am about to open it right after this post :D yet this may be an important point for someone.

Btw, I noticed a couple of things. You are still using the hex method of preventing TKing, yet DotA itself no longer uses this method. I'm guessing they tweaked all the heros so you can't target friendlies anymore. Second, I haven't seen all the code, but I haven't seen any JASS anywhere. Good for the average mapper, I guess, but I hope you don't have many or any memory leaks. Using globals is a good thing for that purpose, I guess.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
hey ryoko or ace..is this the updated version of the 1.3 you had in the S.M. forum?..or is it just the same?

anyway..great job guys

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
lol, there are far more funny ways of tking in dota then it would be to attack allies. like using tiny's 'throw' ability when yer ally is running away past you. and other such bs.

E

edy_78

TFT 1.15 is it enough for your DOTA template

my version of TFT is 1.15,

i don't d/l the newest d/l coz file is too large to d/l

but if that works on my TFT it'll good,

SD ryoko, Who are you?

you do much for Warcraft community ? are you a machine ?
made by Blizzard, if not, glad to know you.

i'm new to making map, but when i can make one, i'll send you one
to give comment, if you say good, i'll post to the world.

good to know you...he he he he

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Helllo.

I am not sure if it will run, honestly. I am on version 1.20, but you can always try?

Who am I?

Why, I'm SD_Ryoko of course!

An admin for thehelper.net.

And I don't work for Blizz.
http://www.myspace.com/ryoko_

I did also write um....most of the tutorial site and map server. Except user submitted tutorials. And Acehart has a hand in a lot of code and help.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
you know its weird, I was just thinking yesterday about an idea for a tower defense template map (yet another idea I won't implement), and here you are releasing this DotA template map! Should be interesting to see what people do with this....

interesting comments on the map page....

"By uberfoop on Nov-25-05
let me get this straight ryoko-
you like dota, but you release a map that could help us to cause its downfall? you idiot. but at least your idiocy helps people from my point of view, i guess."

"By SD_Ryoko on Nov-24-05
I like DotA. Were going to play in a bit :)

But I am also against the monopolization of the mapping community. My personal choices do not reflect those of TheHelper.net."

"By Rad on Nov-24-05
Thats too bad Ryoko... I wouldnt have thought you would support it too... TheHelper.net is probrably 90% dota lovers, about time I find a new forum. "

anyway, pats on the back for Ryoko and Ace.

J

JetPack

Darg said:
you know its weird, I was just thinking yesterday about an idea for a tower defense template map (yet another idea I won't implement), and here you are releasing this DotA template map! Should be interesting to see what people do with this...
Some person uploaded a tower defense template map at wc3sear.ch ages ago, it wasn't very good. I'm generally against these sort of things but it seems like a nice idea.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be successfull.

Thats only... what... 30% of the concept?

I think thats what was agreed on.

Imma go add some things to discript. LOL :D :D
SD_Ryoko said:
I am a fire by nature.

Whether or not you add wood, or throw a gas can on it, is your choice.

AceHart said:
Worried about what "they" might do?

I actually do take that as a compliment :D

Don't worry, our Dark Admin from Outer Hell is right here.
Armed, short tempered and off medication.
That means me :D

Ultimately, look from web designer view.

Positive traffic, and negative traffic, are both TRAFFIC. :D x2

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Haw, don't mind uberfoop too much. He had a nervous breakdown on my forums over something aestetic like captain whirlpools were spinning clockwise instead of counter clockwise, said he'd never be back, and then was logged back in the next day. He tends to be a little spastic when he gets all heated up.

L

lordeditor

bug help

hi,
i have a problem with the creeps movment triger and i need help.
after 30 minutes the creeps of the scourge stucks in their base or stop at the road and they dont continue to move.
also, sometimes the creeps of sentinal in the right side stuck too.

what to do?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes.

There are three invisible units that the creeps walk to. They are in the two corners, and in the middle river.

If you window-drag to select, you can select them.

The problem is, these need to be INVUNERABLE, LOCUST (unselectable) and GHOST (no pathing).

See, they are DYING on accident, and theres no unit for the creeps to go to.

Then everything will work fine.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
There are three invisible units that the creeps walk to. They are in the two corners, and in the middle river.
Why do you have units instead of regions? If you want to make it easy to navigate, give them a bogus model, so you can see it in WE (that weird checkered box thingy) but not in the game.

And if theres a problem, it should come fixed in the map, not something for the mapper to do.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
"By Rad on Nov-24-05
Thats too bad Ryoko... I wouldnt have thought you would support it too... TheHelper.net is probrably 90% dota lovers, about time I find a new forum. "

Don't let the doorknob hit you buddy...

DiDdY

Reaction score
DiDdY said:
Nice i like it...

I couldn't think of a map to make so that helps me alot...

:banghead:

That sucks it wont even download how ********** annoying!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.