New Map Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Ok, i have been working on a map, and it just hit me that there is one already. So i dont wanna copy. SO im asking you guys to help me with some ideas. Dont give me ones that you are using to make you map, cause i dont wanna copy. Im really lost on ideas for ideas :p

Can you please post some half way orignal ideas for a map that wouldent take more than a month to produce, i would give credit for the idea. I really need a new idea, and i suck at brainstoming :(

Any help would be helpfull :p

( man i love puns :D )

TO MODS AND ADMINS: Sorry if this is the wrong thread, i figured this would be the best one, please move if there is a more suited thread.

-DDRtists

M

morxel

hey, ive been quite busy with some of the maps ive been doing.. but i got this map idea where its kinda like a tournament, let me explain:

It begins as 6vs6, its an arena type map, each team chooses 1 hero from 1 of 3 taverns, then the winning team progresses to the next arena, where it then is 3vs3, winning team then goes into the final arena, and is then a FFA match. Each kill would prob give some cash.. and you will get 20 seconds for each arena to buy new weapons/armour/pots etc.

its a small little project map idea.. but its worth having a look into

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Im going to go with that idea, ill give creadit :)

Hey mod Can you change the title of this thread to New Arena map or something like that, and ill use it as the maps thread :D

M

morxel

wee thanks for going with my idea ^^ now we gotta start thinking of how to make it so people will love it instead of thinking it as an ordinary arena map :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
morxel said:
wee thanks for going with my idea ^^ now we gotta start thinking of how to make it so people will love it instead of thinking it as an ordinary arena map :)

Yes, any ideas, im working on terrain now :D Im not the best, so it'll prob need some more stuff added to it :p

E

Erkie

One idea I've always wanted to do is a revolution to the squad based maps, where there's a commander with a base vs another commander with a base.

Each base gets it's own player ran teams and village points to retain. I've got a lot of stuff already written down.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hey morxel,

Do you think it should be a differnt arena for 6 v 6, 3 v 3...Or just one area for all the matchs? Or maybe just have like 3 differnt arenas, and randomly select one for the match :D Idk, Idc

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Farmin Sim!

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
A sim about playing a sim that you play a sim in! YEA!

But really... I don't know how you could make a map based on someone elses idea. I guess it's just me, but it just feels akward, I just make maps for the fun of it : /

W

what666said

Cloak_Master said:
A sim about playing a sim that you play a sim in! YEA!

But really... I don't know how you could make a map based on someone elses idea. I guess it's just me, but it just feels akward, I just make maps for the fun of it : /

I never finish maps so I have tons of un-finished ideas lying around, here are a few:

AoS with castles on both ends
Haunted House with quests and the like, several levels, a sort of RPG
Pyramid Tower Defense (with a real pyramid)
AoS on water with ships movable by the arrow keys and shooting using the num pad or 6 letters.
Assault on a defended area (11 player map)

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
AoS with ships movable by the arrow keys and shooting using the num pad or 6 letters.

something almost like that (except it isn't an AoS) is being done by a friend of mine, just letting ya know.

M

morxel

@ Post 7:

I think we should maybe use a different arena... or .. maybe add some twists in the one arena: eg- Pass the bomb has many different things.. like trees start growing randomly.. then theres the teleport

so i think we could use the 1 arena with different functions.. or if you want to make it easier.. use several arena's and add 1 different function to each.

M

morxel

heh.. as i was typing my last post i thought of an idea, id like to see like 1 unit on each team, with everyone having the share unit control for everyone on this one unit.. that would be so funny seeing everyone (6 on a team) trying to control this one unit ^.^ everyone would be thinking something different.. and make a tone of skills but very little mana... that will be sure to make some arguements :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
ok, ill start working on the basic terrain and add the good stuff later, i think ill go with the 1 arena :D

And that would be pretty funny with the multi unit ;)

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
If you would like, I could do the terrain for ya, just post general size (or map with some regions saying where things go to show me)

Maybe have a largeish map like an 8 way aos? Everyone sends to opposite player, creating a sort of wagon spoke shaped map.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hmmm ok Jimpy, you wanna terrain? How long would it take you?

What we need i think is a Half way big arena, because its going to be 6 v 6, then 3 v 3...so like last man standing i guess. Then a place to put 3 Taverns for heros, and a store area.

Interested? :)

Credits Would be given for it :p

Hey morxel,

Should there be a bonus round type thing, idk, maybe were something runs from point a to point b, and for everyone you kill you get extra exp or gold or something? Or Some Type of kill more NH units than the other team?

M

morxel

@ Post 16:

I think their should be a bonus round.. but something fun to make it interesting :p possibly a cannon run (i made this idea up on a diff map)

what happens is its 1 row going down maybe we could get a few rows going down, and on the side of the row is just piles of cannon towers, now if you know your warcraft you would know that cannons dont have good aim.. so the key is to keep running and dont stop.. but theres a catch, there will be rats in the middle walking around so u ALSO must dodge the rats or they will slow you down and get blown up to bits :p wee im so nice.. but yer its good fun.

Oh and this bonus round wont kill you permantly it will just be for fun and at the end of the cannon run will be maybe.. a pot of gold? :p good fun anyway add it in if you want..

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Sounds fun, still wait for the reply from jimpy about doing the terrain :eek:
will get back to you if he doesnt reply soon...or find someone else to do it...

EDIT: Anyone else wanna do terrain for this then?

What is needed:

A Arena big enough to have 6 v 6 at max battle.
A place to put 3 taverns to chose heroes
A Store area with enough room for about 3 to 4 buildings
A place were we can put the bonus that is this:

what happens is its 1 row going down maybe we could get a few rows going down, and on the side of the row is just piles of cannon towers, now if you know your warcraft you would know that cannons dont have good aim.. so the key is to keep running and dont stop.. but theres a catch, there will be rats in the middle walking around so u ALSO must dodge the rats or they will slow you down and get blown up to bits wee im so nice.. but yer its good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.