New map project

X

Xoator

I am making a new map. Its a AoS map. if any one has any ideas or heros please post them and your username so i can give you credit in my map thanks.

Attachments

• Clipboard05.jpg
    Clipboard05.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 188
X

Xoator

Map details will be posted later.
Please come and check this thread every now and then because it will be added to.

Rad

Reaction score
Theres enough AoS's out there already and theres no reason to stop making everything else... If you think making another will make you famous think again :rolleyes:

T

Tom_Green

Ideas

I have a few ideas for your map. First, I have played an RPG in the past that when a hero gained a level, you were given skill points in which to choose what skill to raise (Agility, Strength, or Intellegence). If you could incorperate that ability into your map, that would be a nice change. Second, definetly add secret shops. Even change their models to something that looks like its surroundings, such as changing its model to a doodad, so its not so easily spotted. Also, use many colored texts, yellow and white are boring :p. Adding a storyline to each hero adds a nice touch as well. Maybe even add events, such as coins spawning at random locations across the map at certain incriments of time. Recepies are also a good thing to add to the map. Don's slop the terrain together either, sloppy terrain is just lame, and enviormental doodads add realism to the map as well. Well thats about all I can think of for now. If you have something you would like to ask, or you want an honest opinion, you can private message me anytime. I wish you good luck with your map. :)

Rad

Reaction score
Fair enough, i would just like to point out that there is probrably 50 different kinds of AoS's and because of that, making a new one... when people playing dota see a game called NEW AOS OMFG JOIN they will just assume its lame and play dota (even though in my oppinion dota is lame to). And since AoS require people (with AI is no fun because no matter how good it will still suck) and not many people will have the map and if its any good it wouldn't matter b/c AT LEAST 75% of the people who like AoS's are against downloading... well you get the picture.

Oh and whats going on with this site is it just me? On the side where all the links are supposed to be it has all kind of foreign language...
Code:
Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=42): failed to open stream: Success in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=42): failed to open stream: Success in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=42' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ideas

You could make gods for each team, when they kill enough heroes of the other side, they can call upon their god.

The heroes should be all unique and you would have to play with skill, not just uber abillities like, Flame of Death, blows everyone to smithereens. I like games that need skill and intelligence to win, not just leveling up to one zillion buying a item that adds everything by two gazillion and using a unbeatable abillity.

BrokenX

Reaction score
I agree with Acehart, map making is suppose to be fun. Also so what if there is a high number of AoS's out there doesn't mean there can't be something new, correct?

X

Xoator

Thank you, all of you. i am just doing this for fun. i dont expect to get on the worlds top 10 map makers any time soon or at all. keep checking this thread for more screen shots. thank you everyone.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ideas:

you could hide some traps with a trigger and make a trigger to activate them in random locations when someone goes near them.

Element Vases: items which are basically elemental and possess effects

e.g: vase of water and ice: water elemental level 2.
vase of fire and heat: lava spawn level 2.
vase of earth and nature: force of nature level 2.
vase of thunder and lightning: feral spirit level 2.
vase of darkness and evil: (summons shades).
holy vase of protection: (casts holy light and/or divine shield).

Hope this helps.

---

I never planned on becoming a top 10 map maker either, just do it cos its fun playing and chatting to people and having a laugh on games by you :).

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.