Gaming New Nintendo Console is Wii U, Controller is a Tablet

Reaction score
So I was correct about you not knowing anything then.

Oh well, I just wanted to hear from someone why it "sucks".

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Because it's doubtful they made it with the quality of a "real" tablet? Why would they make the Wii U comparable to a tablet...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Because it's doubtful they made it with the quality of a "real" tablet? Why would they make the Wii U comparable to a tablet...

Because it would then sell and make money? Why wouldn't they?

I'm in agreement with Uberplayer on this one, there's no real reviews out there that actually tell what the quality is of the controller, or the hardware, so there's no evidence on which to base any judgement. I will personally be waiting to try it myself before I say what I feel, as I found the Wii to be more fun than I expected.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So I was correct about you not knowing anything then.

Oh well, I just wanted to hear from someone why it "sucks".

Because it's from the same people that made the Wii.

They're trying too hard to be "innovative" by having all these gimmicky "innovations" to their systems. Motion sensing is retarded imo, so is 3D gaming.

I really don't see the use of having a tablet built into the controller (wiiPad?). As if people aren't ADD enough? Now we need two screens while we game? One of them being interactive?

Reaction score
Because it's from the same people that made the Wii.

They're trying too hard to be "innovative" by having all these gimmicky "innovations" to their systems. Motion sensing is retarded imo, so is 3D gaming.

I really don't see the use of having a tablet built into the controller (wiiPad?). As if people aren't ADD enough? Now we need two screens while we game? One of them being interactive?
I don't think that argument is good enough. Nintendo made DS, the best selling handheld ever. It had two screens, one of them being interactive, omagosh. And Wii, the best selling home console after PS1 and PS2 of course.

I can't say anything against you thinking they're gimmick, if that's how you see it.

You can move the picture from TV to the controller (in most games at least).

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/15/wii-u-wont-have-dvd-or-blu-ray-playback-will-include-social-me/

Seems it won't include DVD or Blu-Ray playback either. I can understand the lack of BD if they want to develop their own propriety disc format, but to exclude DVD when it costs so little to include is a bit crap really. I mean, I know I have the ability to play DVDs on other devices (read: everything else in my house which plays discs), but the fact is I don't want a ton of devices under my TV. We have a PS3 and a Sky box and the Wii is rarely brought out because there is nowhere to put it that it wouldn't look awkward.

Sure, it might sound like a flimsy reason for not immediately liking it, but that's just me. Also, as said, it is all a bit gimmicky to me really.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't think that argument is good enough. Nintendo made DS, the best selling handheld ever. It had two screens, one of them being interactive, omagosh. And Wii, the best selling home console after PS1 and PS2 of course.

I can't say anything against you thinking they're gimmick, if that's how you see it.

You can move the picture from TV to the controller (in most games at least).

Yea I don't really care if a bunch of 12 year old's parents bought it for them, that doesn't make me enjoy it anymore.

And I see that feature as useless. If someone wants to watch TV I'll get off and do something else...

It's pure opinion, no reason to try to debate it.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I personally think it's an awesome step in the right direction. I would love to have 4 controllers each with individual screens that would have each players character data and other things like that on it. Tobad you can only use 1 of them at a time. And if you can just move a game from the TV to the tablet cotroller I doubt they are using the screen for anything useful. It's depressing, because I would have loved it if it could use 4 controllers and the screens were used. ah well.

Reaction score
> Yea I don't really care if a bunch of 12 year old's parents bought it for them, that doesn't make me enjoy it anymore.
You're totally losing my respect. Well I couldn't care less to read opinions that aren't based on anything.

I'd enjoy some Battlefield game where I can see locations of my allies on a map that's on my hands so I don't need to navigate menus and disturb the game. There's just too many possibilities with this new thing, that thwwwwwot I can't even imagine. Though I don't like the limitation of 1 controller either. Let's just wait for Sony and Microsoft to copy. Maybe they get that correct.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.