New Nuon article/retrospective....

skip

Reaction score
...isn't online yet, but will be soonish. I'm just waiting on two or three deliveries of stuff to arrive.

Sorry to tease, but it's been awful quiet around here lately ;)

I'll include the awesome cinematic video, but is there anything else of note that I've missed over the last year or two?

Btw: website is http://www.retrospekt.com.au/

skip

Reaction score
Aaaand, conveniently a couple of sealed copies of Freefall turned up in the post today (I grabbed them cheaply from somewhere that escapes me). I couldn't resist, so unwrapped one. It was pretty much what I'd expected. Despite some rough edges it's a pretty cool game...loads of potential in the idea...some surprises already even (platforms) and I'm only two levels in. I could see this sort of thing working pretty well on an iPhone/iPad/Android device. Quite well done for such a small team who worked on it. I kept reaching for a second analogue stick...this game style is crying out for something like a dual analogue Xbox 360 controller.

skip

Reaction score
And, while I'm at it, I figure I might as well grab the Nuon enhanced DVDs...but how do I know whether the version of each that I grab online will be Nuon enhanced? Does anyone have a good source for the few Nuon enhanced DVDs?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I never did get into Freefall. Can't wait for the article :)

Matt Fisher

Cool Member
Reaction score
All four DVDs were released in 2001 or 2002, all seem to be labeled "special edition" and Planet of the Apes is a 2-disc package. I got all of mine on ebay and made sure that the auction in question had a picture of the actual item so I could see the Nuon logo on the back of the package, just to be sure. Seems like all except Buckaroo Banzai have been reissued on DVD at some point, usually packaged with other movies. I have no idea if these issues are Nuon-enhanced. Or, look for covers that look like the ones on the main Nuon-Dome site. Fun fact: the Blu-ray for Planet of the Apes has a Nuon logo on the back cover. Still waiting for someone to release a Nuon BR player... Doesn't look like the other three have made it to BR yet.

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi skip, did the article go up? Had a look through and tried a search but couldn't find anything NUON on retrospekt at this point. Looking forward to reading it :)

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
What is the trick to liking Freefall? To me it is the weakest of the five games you can commonly get for the Nuon.

Serblander

Reaction score
To trick to liking Freefall on the NUON is to play Bubsy on the Jaguar first :D

Btw, nice to see you on here Doc :)

skip

Reaction score
No article yet. Next week perhaps. Hopefully :) as I'm still on a break from work...but busy planning and scheming a few online and gaming things...

Serblander

Reaction score
I understand what its like, no pressure. In any case, looking forward to reading it - when-then. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.