New Nuon homebrew - KillMinds

Flappy Bird on NUON ?

• Total voters

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hello,
Seems like nobody is interrested to make NUON homebrew games so i have decided to make one.

KillMinds is actually a straight port of my 3DO homebrew game of the same name.
Without the Nuon Invades example , this would not exist.
(Thanks cdoty ! Too bad you're no longer in the homebrew scene anymore...)

Download link : See Attachement

It now has some sound effects but you still need a gamepad to play it.

screenshot_f-479f5f3.png

Killminds.jpeg

Attachments

• KillMinds-NUON.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Thanks for the Nuon game, :) not sure if it'll play on my N2000 but I will give it a try.
Unfortunely, it won't work on both Samsung Extiva DVD-N2000 or the Toshiba SD2300 unless i sign it with the leaked Authentication Tools. The tools will only work properly on Red Hat Linux but sources are provided as well.
Anyone voluntary to make a Windows version or to fix them ? (They can be found DragonShadow Industries's website)

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I was able to sign my homebrew, which means that you should be able to run it on the Samsung Extiva DVD-N2000 and the Toshiba SD2300.
You must burn the KILLMINDS-UDF.iso file to a DVD-R.
I have also provided an iso image called KILLMINDS.iso for players capable of running homebrews.
Let me know if both images work well on real hardware.
You can find the new version of KillMinds in my first post.

cdoty

Cool Member
Reaction score
Without the Nuon Invades example , this would not exist.
(Thanks cdoty ! Too bad you're no longer in the homebrew scene anymore...)

That's great to hear someone actually got some use out of it.

Did you end up compiling the signing tool for Windows?

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hello cdoty,
good thing you're still around !
That's great to hear someone actually got some use out of it.

Did you end up compiling the signing tool for Windows?
No, i ended up running the binairies on my linux pc. (couldn't compile them)
Yes, they still work after 14 years...
However, i don't even have a nuon game so i don't know how i should lay out my game.
It's probably not working... (or not enough)

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hey I got to try out Killminds tonight (Just got a working N501 finally like a month or so ago and figured out how to burn games this weekend.) This was a really fun game. I could sit there and relax while I played it. I think my score so far is 7800.

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hey, thanks doctorclu for testing the game on real hard !
Now i know that it does work on a real NUON, which is great, as they are pretty hard to find....
Wish i could get my hands on a Toshiba S2300 or a Samsung N2000 so i can test the signing feature properly.
Unless someone wants to share me an official nuon game so i know how my game should be formatted.
(But that's never going to happen i'm afraid unless i do it myself)

Despite this though, i would like to make another game for that thing, it is just much easier to make games for
compared to the Jaguar or even the Sega Genesis.
What kind of games would you like to see on Nuon ?

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hey I am happy to test games and have working SD2300 and N501 systems. Have both hooked up at this time.

I think that flappy bird project sounded like a good direction for a game. As a programmer what kind of games were easy to port? Would Android games be a possibility, like Flappy Bird? I don't know many such games, but I know that Angry Birds is better as a touch game. However, another game I like, Super Stickman golf, would be fun and doable to the control scheme.

As for me, I would like to see a version of Joust ported to the Nuon. I am trying to set up a dev setup at this time and might give that or another game a shot.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Ok found the August 22nd version, burned to DVD-R but did not work on the 2300. Willing to burn as many as it takes to get this working though. There are a lot of homebrews I'd like to see working on the 2300.

Don't get me wrong, I have a N501 but rarely use it since the laser is known for breaking down fairly quickly. So playing Doom on the 2300 for example would be awesome. :D

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Of course it was not going to work, i need to sign it in order for it to work...
The ISO file was for homebrew compatible NUON players, not the N2000 or the Toshiba 2300.
Unfortunely, the passphrase provided the authentication tools is actually wrong so i may need to brute-force it.
Thanks though, at least i know it is not working out-of-the-box.

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Nope, the passphrase provided with the leaked documents is wrong and i'm unable to properly sign my games.
Plus, i don't really own one.
Sorry

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
OK this thread says the Authentication Tools work. I thought I remembered that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.