New Nuon homebrew - KillMinds

Flappy Bird on NUON ?

• Total voters

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Passcode was wrong, but just short of that it sounded like the rest of the setup was there.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously man this is just another thing. I guarantee you we will get passed this. It will just take time and the more people that know about the NUON the faster it will come.

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Good news guys : Edge Connector finally cracked the keys and he signed Killminds for me.
He was able to confirm the game does work on real hardware this way :
Killminds.jpeg

The CD image will still be kept for the RCA models (which can't run NUON software except homebrew games) but if you own a Samsung Extiva DVD-N2000 and Toshiba SD-2300,
you can now finally play Killminds (and other homebrew games that are signed) on it !

I have updated the game in my first post accordingly.
Make sure to burn KILLMINDS-DVD.ISO with ImgBurn.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Good news guys : Edge Connector finally cracked the keys and he signed Killminds for me.
He was able to confirm the game does work on real hardware this way :
View attachment 19186

The CD image will still be kept for the RCA models (which can't run NUON software except homebrew games) but if you own a Samsung Extiva DVD-N2000 and Toshiba SD-2300,
you can now finally play Killminds (and other homebrew games that are signed) on it !

I have updated the game in my first post accordingly.
Make sure to burn KILLMINDS-DVD.ISO with ImgBurn.

That is so AWESOME!!!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a FYI the Nuon-Dome website is kind of messed up can you give me permission to go fix it? I can get some of TheHelper.net people to go in there and fix the NUON site please let us do so?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
So is this ready to go? How are you thinking about distributing it? I am assuming this game is on the NUON Games Demo disc already?

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Well it's playable but a bit barebones on content. it's a simple game after all.
The CD-i folks asked me to redo this game (i also did a CD-i port) with multiplayer.
Given that both the CD-i and NUON share a common screen resolution, i think that's the route i'm going to take.
That said, i'm not sure on multiplayer for the NUON and i would need to come up with a WAVE to NWAVE converter because
right now, it is being done on the fly on the console. Pretty wasteful and could be generated on PC instead as NWAVE.

But yes, if i ever improve this game further, i would like to sell this on DVD. (and perhaps on CD as well if i can have both the NUON.CD on a CD-i disc and make that work on a NUON player)
if you guys know someone who would be interested to press the DVDs, let me know.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it's playable but a bit barebones on content. it's a simple game after all.
The CD-i folks asked me to redo this game (i also did a CD-i port) with multiplayer.
Given that both the CD-i and NUON share a common screen resolution, i think that's the route i'm going to take.
That said, i'm not sure on multiplayer for the NUON and i would need to come up with a WAVE to NWAVE converter because
right now, it is being done on the fly on the console. Pretty wasteful and could be generated on PC instead as NWAVE.

But yes, if i ever improve this game further, i would like to sell this on DVD. (and perhaps on CD as well if i can have both the NUON.CD on a CD-i disc and make that work on a NUON player)
if you guys know someone who would be interested to press the DVDs, let me know.

You should contact Carl at Songbird. He might be able to help you with publishing it.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you want to do a standalone release or do you mind being part of a compilation? Are you willing to expand on your current NUON release? If you had any plans to expand on your current release to do a standalone game I would advise putting your current on a compilation as a demo and releasing an updated version as a standalone. The NUON needs more titles.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I propose at this time, we need to work together on getting some basic library code written / tested. Let's get a menu system proven. Let's get a way to load data from media (a picture viewer, a sound player, etc.)

We also should keep in mind, the more we lower the barrier to coding for Nuon, the more stuff we can potentially see. But - there's also the "too much shit" syndrome. Anyhow, I think we need to get the ball rolling and would love to contribute to a BJL style solution for dev work.

EdgeConnector

NUON Legend!
Reaction score
I propose at this time, we need to work together on getting some basic library code written / tested. Let's get a menu system proven. Let's get a way to load data from media (a picture viewer, a sound player, etc.)

We also should keep in mind, the more we lower the barrier to coding for Nuon, the more stuff we can potentially see. But - there's also the "too much shit" syndrome. Anyhow, I think we need to get the ball rolling and would love to contribute to a BJL style solution for dev work.

This is honestly a similar problem to the controller work. The serial protocol needs to work over the controller ports but we need to know how to negotiate it. While the manuals talk about it being too slow for games, basic code tests and unit testing would be fine. In fact you could put data on dvd and run test code to access it. It all comes down to understanding how the processors expects serial data to be processed.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet Dragonshadow (Skah T) could help with some tech spec directions for this.

gameblabla

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Btw, i didn't have the time to say it up until now but if you wish to sell the demo in a compilation disc, you can go ahead.
The enhanced version will still take some time to make unfortunately but i do hope to complete it by the end of this year.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.