New Patch Came Out

P

PwnThePanda

I don't know if anyone else posted about it but the new patch came out today. If somone did i'll just delete post.

Sargon

Reaction score
Yes, because "the new patch" tells us all so much about what your'e talking about.

What game?

P

PwnThePanda

Warcraft III. :) Since it was in Warcraft Talk i thought people could sorta assume.

Here are changes in WE.

WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

Trigger Editor

* The "Image" category and actions now appear after the "Item" category.
* The "Ubersplat" category and actions now appear after the "Unit Group" category.
* Fixed script generation errors when using the "Terrain Pathing Is Off" function. This is now a Boolean function.
* Fixed script generation errors when using variables of the following types:
o Attack Type
o Combat Sound
o Damage Type
o Effect Type
o Pathing Type
o Sound Type
* Sorted lightning type presets.
* Appended "Cliff" to cliff terrain types, to distinguish them from non-cliff terrain types.
* Renamed "Life Drain" and "Mana Drain" to "Drain Life" and "Drain Mana", respectively.
* Cleaned up the name, grammar text, hints and/or sorting order for the following trigger functions/calls:
o (Boolean) Environment - Terrain Pathing Is Off (was Terrain Pathable)
o (Unit) Event Response - Damage Source
o (String) Game - Ability Name
o (String) Game - Ability Effect Art Path (was Ability Effect Art)
o (String) Game - Ability Effect Sound Name (was Ability Sound)
o (String) Hero - Hero Proper Name
o (String) Trigger - Trigger Name
o (Real) Lightning - Red Color of Lightning
o (Real) Lightning - Green Color of Lightning
o (Real) Lightning - Blue Color of Lightning
o (Real) Lightning - Alpha Value of Lightning (was Alpha Color of Lightning)
* Cleaned up the name, grammar text, hints and/or sorting order for the following trigger actions:
o Environment - Change Terrain Type
o Environment - Turn Terrain Pathing On/Off (was Turn Pathing On/Off)
o Floating Text - Suspend/Resume
o Floating Text - Permanent/Expires
o Floating Text - Change Color
o Floating Text - Change Lifespan
o Floating Text - Change Fading Age (was Change Fadepoint)
o Floating Text - Change Age
o Game - Enable/Disable Selection (was Enable/Disable Select)
o Game - Enable/Disable Drag-Selection (was Enable/Disable Drag Select)
o Game - Enable/Disable Pre-Selection (was Enable/Disable Pre Select)
o Image - Create
o Image - Change Color
o Image - Change Render State
o Image - Change Render Always State
o Image - Change Above Water State
o Lightning - Create Lightning Effect (was Create Lightning Effect At Points)
o Lightning - Move Lightning Effect (was Move Lightning Effect To Points)
o Lightning - Set Lightning Effect Color
o Unit - Add Classification
o Unit - Remove Classification
o Unit - Issue Drop Item Order (was Drop Item On A Point)
o Unit - Issue Move Item In Inventory Order (was Drop Item In Slot)
o Unit - Issue Give Item Order (was Drop Item On A Unit)
o Unit - Damage Area
o Unit - Damage Target
o Unit - Decrease Level Of Ability For Unit
o Unit - Increase Level Of Ability For Unit
o Unit - Set Level Of Ability For Unit
o Ubersplat - Create
o Ubersplat - Change Render State
o Ubersplat - Change Render Always State
* Added an event and three new trigger functions for future tournament support:
o (Trigger Event) Tournament Event
o (Real) Tournament Time Remaining
o (Integer) Tournament Melee Score
o (Integer) Tournament Finish Rule

Sargon

Reaction score
Cooooool. Lotta little changes.

P

PwnThePanda

For anyone who uses a no-cd crack, time to find you cd again or your screwed.

B

BlizzScripts

finaly they upgrade it :) that means they still care a little bit of warcraft 3 :p

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
dam it, they had to do it right around when I can't play warcraft or map make :mad: :( :banghead:

ARGH!!

I was right, new patch with new ladder reset coming :)
Theres some nice updates...

Though, I was expecting new units :(

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Krakka said:
dam it, they had to do it right around when I can't play warcraft or map make :mad: :( :banghead:

ARGH!!

I was right, new patch with new ladder reset coming :)
Theres some nice updates...

Though, I was expecting new units :(

He only stated the WE updates...

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I went to blizzard.com :)
there is just some minor changes in units and gameplay.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
They might as well just called this "replay ruining patch"

Nothing of value unfortunately this time around.

P

PwnThePanda

Rad said:

A no-cd crack lets you play without your cd, however it works by pathces. SO if I have the 1.18 no cd hack for wc, I need to get the 1.19 one.

DM Cross

Reaction score
They need a patch that adds the ability to watch replays from old patches -.-

Someone commented on new units: I haven't seen a new unit since I went from RoC to TFT... Sorta gotta assume they don't do that. (Unless you mean neutral heroes)

Sud

Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded it too bad if it was a real patch, but none of the balance issues that are present were even addressed.

Nerfing human? What a slap in the face to human players. The only viable human strategy at the pro level is mass towers and tanks/gyro harass.

1 armor off dests? Yeah, that'll surely stop undead from massing them! How about actually addressing the issue of why undead are so reliant on dests (a supposed anti-caster unit) and fix the other units around them? Oh, and wagonmancer isn't going to become a pro strat just because of some research time lowering (and a small lowering to the cost of exhume). Necromancers are fine support casters, massing them shouldn't be any more viable than massing any kind of caster unit.

Some half ass buff to spirit walkers, at the expense of a nerf to ensnare time (a skill orcs actually use) and a horrendous nerf to batrider hp. Definitely not worth that tradeoff.

Nothing to correct NE, except a piddly 10 second build time to tree of life? Uhhhh... how about addressing the issue where a Dryad costs the same gold as a footman practically (and gives the same exp). How about realizing that bears get a healing spell almost equivalent to holy light level 2? How about providing something that can defeat the Bear/Dryad/[optional hippogriff] with Demonhunter/other hero mass rejuvenate/imbastick

So basically nothing occured this patch balance wise. Some maps were tweaked, but this patch isn't worth the replays that it ruined.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Good points.

Lots of em :) +Rep for you, sir.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I downloaded it about... 13 minutes ago, i couldnt notice any changes except the 1.19 at th bottom of the game :p.

That list is helpful to me :).

EDIT: notcied another 1.19 thread but that was posted after this.

~Jindo

P

PwnThePanda

These are the acual game changes in TFT.

MAPS

* (2)EchoIsles
o Added range creep to expansion goldmines.
o Replaced both Fountain of Health with Mercenary camps and changed the creep composition so that it’s not all piercing attack.
o Replaced the mana fountain with a Market Place and changed the level 3 perm item drop to level 3 charged items.
o Replaced one Troll Trapper with an equal level Ogre to the all troll trapper green camp next to each start location.

* (2)TirisfalGlade
o Added a tavern to each side of the map, reduced the creep level and item that guard the Mercenary buildings, and reduced two Orange creep camps and level of the item drop.

* (4)TurtleRock
o Opened areas of the map to help alleviate strong choke points that favor ranged unit combat.

* (4)BrokenShard
o Replaced the 4 center orange camps with 4 green camps.
o Replaced two ranged units with two melee units to the creep camps guarding the Goblin Merchants.
o Increase the Orange camps level near each start location and added an additional item to each of those camps.

* (4)Hellfire
o Reduced the creep level on the two middle Red creep camps.
o Reduced the creep level on the East and West Goblin Laboratory creep camps.

* (4)StonecoldMountain
o All creep with the ability to posses units have been removed this map.

* (4)LostTemple
o Added a few trees to all the start locations to ensure better balance of lumber harvesting for all races.

* (4)TwistedMeadows
o Changed the level 4 charged item drops at the Goblin Merchant to level 4 permanent drops.

* (4)SunrockCove
o Added pathing room around Goblin Laboratory and removed the clump of trees in front of the Goblin Laboratory to enhance game play.
o Lowered the goldmine creep camp from Red to Green
o Pushed Blues West ramp further from it’s start location.

* (6)GnollWood
o Removed all Gnoll Assassins from the Goblin Merchant creep camps, replaced with Gnoll Brute’s.

* (6)Typhoon
o Fixed Red and Teal start location to be closer to the goldmines like the other start locations.

* (6)SilverpineForest
o Removed the Tavern from all start locations
o Can now path across the center of the map, added a Tavern to the center of the map.
o Reduced the Item and creep levels of the 4 Red camps in the center of the map.
o The 6 center goldmines have been reduced in difficulty of creep camps.

* (6)Dragonblight
o The two center creep camps have been pushed away from pathable area to prevent accidental attacks.
o The players alliance settings have been changed to favor 2v2.

* (6)Moonglade – New Map File
o Two center creep camps and buildings have been removed.
o Added two tavern to the center of the map.
o Opened up all chokepoints.
o Added some tree to all start location to help harvesting.

* (6)Everfrost
o Added a few trees to Yellow and Teal start location to ensure lumber harvesting balance.
o Added ground Anti-Air units to the East and West Red creep camps.

Bonus Maps Added to Battle.net

* (2)Shrine of the Ancients
* (2)Terenas Stand
* (4)Phantom Grove
* (4)Deathrose
* (6)Everfrost
* (6)Sunrock Cove
* (6)Emerald Shores
* (6)Duststorm
* (8)Full Scale Assault
* (8)Hurricane Isle
* (8)Cherryville
* (10)Skibis Castle TD
* (12)Worm War

BALANCE CHANGES

Items

* Creep-dropped item sell prices have been standardized. Items of the same level will now generally sell for the same amount.

Undead

* Skeletal Mastery research time reduced to 30 seconds from 45 seconds.
* Skeletal Longevity research time reduced to 15 seconds from 30 seconds.
* Exhume Corpses research now costs 75 gold / 50 lumber down from 125 gold/ 100 lumber.
* Destroyer armor reduced to 3 from 4.

Orc

* Spiritwalkers now have the passive Resistant Skin ability. This causes some spells such as Cyclone and Slow to have a much shorter duration when used on a Spiritwalker. Resistant skin also grants immunity to certain other spells such as Polymorph and Possession.
* Ensnare duration reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.
* Batrider hit points reduced to 325 from 400.

Night Elf

* Tree of Life build time increased to 120 seconds from 110 seconds.

Human

* Human Towers (Guard, Cannon, Arcane and Scout) now gain 1 armor per masonry upgrade, down from 2.

In ROC-------------------------------------------------------------------

MAPS

* (2)PlunderIsle
o Added ground anti-air creep to both center goldmines.
o Added ground anti-air creep to both center Goblin Merchants.

* (6)ScrochedBasin
o Removed center creep camp and neutral building
o Reduced the creep level of the two center goldmines from a Red camp to Green camps.
o Opened up all choke points on the map.
o Added trees to all start locations to ensure better balance with all races.

* (8)GolemsInTheMist
o Removed the center creep and Neutral building.

* (8)PlainsOfSnow
o 3 of the 4 center goldmine creep camps dropped a level 5 charged item,so I fixed it so all 4 drop a level 5 charged items.
o Added a Goblin Merchant between Teal and Purple start location. Also increased the item drop to level 3 charged item instead of level 2 charged items.
o Added a Goblin Merchant between Pink and Green start location. Also increased the item drop to level 3 charged item instead of level 2 charged items.

BALANCE CHANGES

* Creep-dropped item sell prices have been standardized. Items of the same level will now always sell for the same amount.
* Ensnare duration reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.

I think is was a very poor patch and there gonna have to make 1.20 or 2

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
hmm, 2.00 patch would be skipping all those other patches :p.

I only logged onto battle.net to check news, i didnt play the game, but i did check the world editor :p.

~Jindo

Sud

Reaction score
Negative, that's sort of an illusion perpetuated by lower level play where anything can happen. When you start watching replays of the likes of showtime, grubby, tod, gostop, etc. you start to see the fat boiled away and the game played at its pure raw potential.

For example, what do you do as human vs masses of destroyers? Not letting him get to destroyers is not an option, because undead ziggurat defense is unbreakable. Footman rush falls to nerub/spirit tower and hero nuking with wand of necromancy/lumber ghouls plus whatever token units the UD is making (footmen suck). Rifle/Caster is not an option, because dests are spell immune, and the UD will do infinite coil/nova runs on your low hp infantry. Dragon Hawks are not an option, because they cannot shackle dests, and UD hero nuke will destroy the hawks 1 by 1 as he micros his dests around. Gyros with flak cannons are sometimes used, but take heavy casualties if the UD absorbs mana from his statues. The UD often runs the dests away behind spirit towers before the gyros can even kill a single one as well (and this is after you lose a ton of gyros to the dest's magic damage and orb of annhiliation). Attempting to outproduce the UD with reasonable base defense is not viable, best destroyers do 200% damage to human towers, and destroyers own them too.

Thus, human does the only thing it can. It tries to expand as much as possible, and masses towers in such numbers that they can keep the dests out, and produces tanks to destroy the UD buildings - the one unit that doesn't get owned by magic damage, doesn't care about spell immunity, and can actually hurt spirit towers. Often seen with solo paladin who does runs on the UD acolyte lines.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.