New patch coming soon!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
click

tl;dr

•Snipe does 25dmg + 25 to psionic, meaning that ghost tank is no longer uncounterable.
•Phoenix will have +3 range upgrade, making mass mutalisk counterable. (now you had to hope on perfect storms)
•APM replaced by CPM (commands per minute) (both might be there)
•Mules will not get a bonus from gold minerals.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything sounds nice so far, i like the changes, but i would rather see the snipe ability a little bit altered.
Instead of 25 + 25 vs psy i would like it to be 45, 25 vs massive.
What massive organic units are in the game? Broodlords and ultralisks.
What organic psyonic units are in the game? Ghost and High Templar. (or any others?)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It is pretty much the same. I do think that the dmg should be 30ish, not 25 for bio units.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty much the same. I do think that the dmg should be 30ish, not 25 for bio units.

I dont think its the same.
With how the patch is right now you cant use ghosts snipe for anything but casters and zerg t3.
You cannot, for example, snipe marines in the very early terran vs terran anymore. Or snipe banelings if you dont have any tanks left (although sniping banelings would require a shitload of micro i guess) but the possibility should be given nevertheless.
This way the ability is too limited to be used for anything but high templar, infestors and broodlords.
They cut back on creativity and enfore things to go the way they want them to be too much in my opinion.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
You *can* still snipe marines and banelings, ghosts just aren't good against every zerg unit anymore. This probably sounds really whiny, but there was nothing more ridiculous than watching 15 ghosts shred anything the zerg tries to throw at them.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You *can* still snipe marines and banelings, ghosts just aren't good against every zerg unit anymore. This probably sounds really whiny, but there was nothing more ridiculous than watching 15 ghosts shred anything the zerg tries to throw at them.

You cant. The Snipe ability cannot kill anything anymore with 1 shot. 50 energy for a baneling or a marine? Thats ridiculous. 25 Energy and instant death to marines and banelings sounds at least somewhat useable. In fact, in very early tvt a ghost push is a viable strategy.

if it would deal 45 / 25 against massive the snipe ability could still be used to one-shot marines and banelings and 2 shot templars and infestors but broodlords and ultralisks would be as good against snipe as they would be after this patch.
I think that would be much better.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
As a Zerg, I have to agree with Accname. I think the nerf was too big. A damage reduction against massive would be much better.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
darn, I liked using snipe, vs mutas more then anything, a few ghosts and shift-click snipe makes the zerg turn around and run, while taking out a few

unijoux

Reaction score
The whole snipe nerf is such a overkill.. i understand from zergs perspective but when you have a broodlord/infestor, ling/bling comp how can you handle it now? People say marines are OP etc but the ghost was the main backbone to handling composition.

I don't understand why ghost got the emp radius nerf yet high templars don't get a storm radius decrease.. everything seems to be against terran :/

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with Ghost is just that the ghost in its current form just counters every late game unit of zerg.
Ghost is not too imbalanced against broodlords, or ultralisks, or infestors or anything. It is just imbalanced because it is good against all 3 of them.
If ghost was not too strong against any or two of them then zerg would have a chance to counter it. I thing the combination of snipe and emp on a single unit is just a bad choice. If the ghost would lose any of these abilities and it would be given to a different unit then i guess everything would be fine then.

How about giving emp to the raven and therefor removing the point defense drone? The pdd is only useful against stalkers or mutalisks anyway. In tvt it is never used and tvz it is not effective.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.