New scroll of resurrection system

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Read the full article http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/06/official-scroll-of-resurrection-revamp-details/

What the person receiving the scroll gets now:
Once your friend accepts your scroll and pays for at least 30 days of game, you unlock your choice of the following rewards:
A Free Spectral Gryphon for an Alliance character
Or a Free Spectral Wind Rider for a Horde character
And, to enable you and your friend to play together in Cataclysm's newest content, any friend who accepts your Scroll will also receive the following epic benefits:
A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!
A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend's original box level
An optional FREE character move -- to your realm and faction so you can play together
7 FREE days of game time -- available immediately
A few other prerequisites apply -- such as a free upgrade to a Battle.net account for players who haven't played since 2009 or earlier -- so be sure to check out the FAQ below for full eligibility details.

I feel the end of WoW is near.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
rofl, they really are getting desprite.

Dropping in users and firing of staff, ah they should stop while they still can. Blizzard have (i hope) decided to focus on other games that aren't in a dead corner, finding more appealing games that are free and offer a form of game currency to obtain their player base higher. Sure, WoW still has the most players, but we all know that unless they do something amazing to bring players back (more amazing than this), they are going to be having contiously declining sales and users.

Ah I long for the day that WoW dies.
More and more I hear the line "I used to play WoW..", and less people that actually do still player or are starting to play now.

Reconsider Blizzard, Reconsider.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Well, they could fix it up and make it decent again...or...they can just produce new pets.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I quit about 3 months ago. My bro sent me that scroll of resurrection, so I accepted it for the free 7 days...why not right? I logged in, and I was bored after 10 minutes, and again realized why I quit.

The more I read about Mists of Pandaria, the better it looks to me. So I will probably come back again when that expansion comes out just to see how it is and probably level a couple of my toons to 90. I'll probably stay the first month, then quit again.

This all depends on how awesome Diablo 3 is, however. If its as awesome as it should be, I probably won't even think about resubbing to Wow.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
It's a desperate leap along with the annual pass (incl. free MoP (Mists of Panderia) Beta pass and FREE Diablo III) to get their subscribers back.

However!
We announced this expansion at Blizzcon and there was some degree of shock. Everyone wanted to know where the global villain and global threat were. Mists of Pandaria has a different tone than any expansion we have tried so far. In some ways it is more of a spiritual successor to classic WoW, with the call to adventure. It wasn't about a giant world boss or big overarching problem, it was just about exploring. Experience this faction, see the world, engage the cultures, have an adventure, that was the spirit of the first game. In many ways Mists of Pandaria gets back into that. There was some level of shock at Blizzcon because it was such a different idea and not what people were expecting. In many ways this expansion isn't predicated on a new world boss or global threat. The global threat that is coming to define the next few years of WoW's gameplay is war itself. The idea that the Alliance and Horde are going to be going at it in a way that we haven't seen in a very long time. Battlegrounds are great, but this is gearing up to be something that we all believe that players have been wanting for a very long time.

They are trying to bring the whole RPG (or MMORPG) feel back to the game, with adventure and all. If you have time read the whole interview, they seem to be changing direction away from the high end raid content.
It's worth the read for any WoW gamer interrested in lore etc..

SOURCE - Scroll down to the big wall of green text.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
All I can say is I'm glad I broke my addiction to WoW.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.