New site done!!! Comments and Suggestions are welcome

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I'm done coding a new site, at least 75% of it :). I haven't done the IE Compatibility thing..

Anyway, this site is coded in PHP. Pages are dynamic. I've just uploaded it from my localhost to freehostia. I don't if there's a bug.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome..

Anyway, what do you normally write below the site??

EDIT:

DEAD LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Your site looks amazingly invisible at the moment. :thup:

...unless, of course, you are referring to the blog in your user title?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are referring to the blog, which part did you actually do yourself?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You usually add legal information at the bottom...

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Should I write disclaimers??

Here's a page I've been working on :)

Lyerae

Reaction score
You could probably get away with disclaimers in the HTML source...

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's kind of empty right now. Maybe wait till you have a bit more content. The3 layout is nice, even if it's done with outdated tags. You should really try to use CSS instead.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He needs to redo the site using XHTML Strict and CSS 2.1 :D

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score

I'm a bit of a loser.. I'm trying to learn the right way to write.. I'll be working on a company's site this september, so I need to practice..
Lol :p
That should really be relaced by auto margins on either side. Check out my tutorial.

Thanks, I'll look into it..

It's kind of empty right now. Maybe wait till you have a bit more content. The3 layout is nice, even if it's done with outdated tags. You should really try to use CSS instead.

Uhmmm.. here's my CSS

He needs to redo the site using XHTML Strict and CSS 2.1 :D

I'll redo it If I have to... IE is so confusing...

Lyerae

Reaction score
The majority of people use IE.
Just make a JavaScript function (or find one) that will point people to a page that says "This site cannot be viewed in Internet Explorer" and below that "Download one of the following browsers to view this site" and then it gives links to Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Use firefox.

I'm using Firefox and Opera.. I mostly use Opera though. What I mean is that IE tends to destroy my layout..

The majority of people use IE.
Just make a JavaScript function (or find one) that will point people to a page that says "This site cannot be viewed in Internet Explorer" and below that "Download one of the following browsers to view this site" and then it gives links to Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Isn't that a bit too harsh?? I'll be working on a company's site soon that will serve mostly korean people.. It's an english school.. Korean likes to use IE IMHO.

Lyerae

Reaction score
IE sucks. Anyone and everyone'll tell you that.
Unless you want to have two seperate sites, one for IE and one for everyone else, that's the best way to do it.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Can't I use conditional CSS???

I have a question:

How do you do the menu bar in Facebook?? the one below..
Is it position: fixed?? how do you align it on the center horizontally and below vertically??

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
IE sucks. Anyone and everyone'll tell you that.
Unless you want to have two seperate sites, one for IE and one for everyone else, that's the best way to do it.

You are completely wrong. There's always a compromise solution that will make the site looking good in both browsers. You're just being too lazy to find it.

Personally I think the warning and download providing method is crap and can offend a lot of potential viewers.

And, AFAIK, Internet Explorer 8 has an improved html & css parsing engine and can render websites like chrome, firefox and others. I have encountered browser differences while working on my latest site, but I will check the site in IE6 and 7 as well, just in-case.

IE is not crappy, it just has a different "point of view" over HTML and CSS.

Can't I use conditional CSS???

I have a question:

How do you do the menu bar in Facebook?? the one below..
Is it position: fixed?? how do you align it on the center horizontally and below vertically??

You could use conditional CSS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.