New site: WarCraft3 wiki

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>This should be fixed now. Please test.
Good.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
in think the section deserves a link on the site's sidebar.

there
< < < < < < < < < < < <

it's a bit dificult to find.

and also a link at the WEHZ.

and mind if i try to make a logo?

EDIT

here:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• wikibw.png
    wikibw.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 738
  • wikicolor.png
    wikicolor.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 718

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
and mind if i try to make a logo?
Not at all, I like the first logo but it is a too big. A logo would preferably be about the same size as the empty space in the top left. PM me if you like to help in creating a logo.

Currently my efforts are focused on the Jass API. I invite anyone who know anything about jass to help, the ones with the good contributions can expect +rep :p You can find some sparse examples in the Jass Portal

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Bump, this is good. Wiki should get its own link on sidebar or on top bar, sticky maybe? I made MUI page: http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/MUI
All who feel to make it better or help with format, please do.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is going to be very very very neat.
I want to add, but I have no experience in editing pages (html and stuff) whatsoever, is there a short explanation anywhere on how to make it appear nice and flawless?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Alright, made a change to the GUI Variables section. Still having trouble figuring out how to make a new page, but I'll get it down sooner or later.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Alright, made a change to the GUI Variables section. Still having trouble figuring out how to make a new page, but I'll get it down sooner or later.

You can search for a page, and if it doesn't exist, one of the options will be to create the page (or request for it to be made).

I used to host a wiki that was pretty close to this (but it was for maps specifically), before my web-host decided to rage-quit on me and cancel my plan (it was a free host, so I really can't complain I guess).

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
This is going to be very very very neat.
I want to add, but I have no experience in editing pages (html and stuff) whatsoever, is there a short explanation anywhere on how to make it appear nice and flawless?

This is just a wiki, like any other (including Wikipedia, the mother of all wikis), so the same rules apply for this Wc3 wiki.

Question: Is this wiki meant to eventually substitute the tutorials page of TheHelper?

Also, it is not only for the triggers part of the editor, right? :)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Question: Is this wiki meant to eventually substitute the tutorials page of TheHelper?

I hate to answer a question with a question, BUT...

Do wikipedia's articles on programming languages, such as C++, C, Perl, Java, Python, PHP, etc actually teach you how to program?

The answer is no, they simply give you tons of information about the language. The Wiki is meant as a place for those who want to know about how certain functions work. They want to know what bugs there are, so they know how to use the functions. The tutorials are there to give people a grasp of concepts, the wiki is there to give people a database of knowledge.

Also, it is not only for the triggers part of the editor, right? :)

Most of it is, but there may be some small amount of information that would fit into other categories. The wiki isn't there to teach you how to terrain or how to create custom units/heroes.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Updated the GetLocalPlayer article with Common Usage, and separated the section about desyncs and code run on specific computers into the Local Code section.

I think it would be nice if there was an easy way to link to the wiki just by putting some sort of tag around words, such as [wiki]GetLocalPlayer[/wiki].

I think it's kind of sad how little activity the wiki gets, it's such a great resource. Maybe wikipedia has just made wikis seem too elitist by reverting changes so easily. We have so little content on our wiki.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I think it would be nice if there was an easy way to link to the wiki just by putting some sort of tag around words, such as [wiki]GetLocalPlayer[/wiki].
The jass tags does have such a feature, except that it is disabled atm. Though that allows only links to keywords present in jass and not other pages. Wait a few days :)

I think it's kind of sad how little activity the wiki gets, it's such a great resource. Maybe wikipedia has just made wikis seem too elitist by reverting changes so easily. We have so little content on our wiki.
I don't really believe in "build it and they will come" so I'm not surprised of the inactivity. Someone needs to force me to to stuff about it, as Romek discovered I work best when forced :p

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the wiki needs a better logo?

Like this one:

HelperLogoRender.png

Just a quick render I did of the helper logo. I think it would look a little nicer then that tiny icon that's being used now.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I'll be contributing to the wiki some. But of course you know that, Rexx.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>You are an insane man.
Indeed. Sorry about inlining some of the templates, people. :p

The leaks page is quite crappy. It needs serious work.

The pronunciation thing in MUI was fun, but totally useless. I got tired after rewriting half of that page.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Azlier, from good side it is crazy what you have done with MUI page. You have put lots of effort and time into it. Thanks for that. With your contribution MUI page has evolved to next level.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.