New site: WarCraft3 wiki

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What it needs right now is a huge graphical overhaul.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Added a lot of abbreviations like WE, TFT, WC, OE

You should fix up your grammar a bit though such as:

A abbreviation of The Frozen Throne
An abbreviation of The Frozen Throne

Good job though. :thup:

Can some one rename "player nmumbers" to "Player Numbers"?

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I'm finally starting to iron down some of the rouge edges on the wiki.

First is the new jass tags. Check out http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/ConvertRace (hover over ConvertRace to see them in action, if you have javascript...). It pulls the documentation from the wiki pages which therefore has to be in a special format, press the edit button to see it. Only 3 natives are documented in this way so far...
This jass tag version will eventually, eg when I know that it performs ok, come to the forums too so it might be of interest to check it out even if you don't plan to visit the wiki.

Second is an annoying issue with wiki subpages which some users discovered right away when we (read I) changed from a flat structure to a hierarchical one. [[jass/common.j/GetLocalPlayer]] produced jass/common.j/ConvertRace instead of ConvertRace. This is being fixed atm. Check out my page for progress.

Last is trying to get some kind of the design on the wiki. I'm currently in the design phase (read: I tried to make something then realized that my designer skills sucks) and are trying to recruit Romek.
Note to Romek: Consider this the payback for forcing me to do the jass tags :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm finally starting to iron down some of the rouge edges on the wiki.

First is the new jass tags. Check out http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/ConvertRace (hover over ConvertRace to see them in action, if you have javascript...). It pulls the documentation from the wiki pages which therefore has to be in a special format, press the edit button to see it. Only 3 natives are documented in this way so far...
This jass tag version will eventually, eg when I know that it performs ok, come to the forums too so it might be of interest to check it out even if you don't plan to visit the wiki.

Second is an annoying issue with wiki subpages which some users discovered right away when we (read I) changed from a flat structure to a hierarchical one. [[jass/common.j/GetLocalPlayer]] produced jass/common.j/ConvertRace instead of ConvertRace. This is being fixed atm. Check out my page for progress.

Last is trying to get some kind of the design on the wiki. I'm currently in the design phase (read: I tried to make something then realized that my designer skills sucks) and are trying to recruit Romek.
Note to Romek: Consider this the payback for forcing me to do the jass tags :D

My HS swim team season is over, so I can help you if necessary. :p
(Though I am no where as good as Romek)

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i'm finally starting to iron down some of the rouge edges on the wiki.

First is the new jass tags. Check out http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/convertrace (hover over convertrace to see them in action, if you have javascript...). It pulls the documentation from the wiki pages which therefore has to be in a special format, press the edit button to see it. Only 3 natives are documented in this way so far...
This jass tag version will eventually, eg when i know that it performs ok, come to the forums too so it might be of interest to check it out even if you don't plan to visit the wiki.
That's awesome. Makes reading things a bit easer.

Why is your rep disabled? Was it getting so high that it might overflow :D.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll get to it soon.
Business coursework is due tomorrow.
Today is going to be a long, long night.

7k word minimum. I've done 1.5k. :(

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may start working on it latter, But I noticed something.

Searching for "ability" brings you to the page that refers to it in JASS.

Shouldn't there be a Page for Abilities in general?

Same with JASS. It's just a portal. I think it needs a small introduction or something.

phyrex1an

Reaction score

phyrex1an

Reaction score

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been working on this a lot! The JASS page is sick.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
wikis only really work if all wiki-people from one subjects are on the same wiki. Sadly there are about a quadrillion wc3 wikis, so I doubt your wiki will get very far.

Also, it's not on the first or second page if you Google "wc3 wiki".

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
wikis only really work if all wiki-people from one subjects are on the same wiki. Sadly there are about a quadrillion wc3 wikis, so I doubt your wiki will get very far.

I don't think Phyrex and the others are making this to get more visitors to our site, its to help the visitors and members already here.

phyrex1an

Reaction score

This post might give you some insight on what short term goal I have for the wiki: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1172685&postcount=53
Being a wiki, others might have other ideas that they push for but I would be pretty content if it "just" became a documentation platform for us here at thehelper.

Edit: A similar thing for the GUI tag is also WIP btw ^^

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Requesting information to be written on the [ljass]GetSpellTargetX[/ljass]/[ljass]GetSpellTargetY[/ljass] about them being introduced in patch 1.24. Also requesting information to be written on the [ljass]UnitAlive[/ljass] native not being in common.j (I believe), but being usable in code once declared (in vJass).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.