New Super Mario Bros. Wii

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
new_super_mario_bros_wii1.jpg

NewSuperMarioBrosWii.jpg
New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii-E3-2009-1.jpg

Description: This game is based of the new super mario bros on DS with much more new features and 100% new levels. The games is 2-D and is about mario and friends running through levels and worlds to save princess peach.

Features:
- Maximum of 4 Players can play at once
- New items like penguin suit
- Yoshi is accesible
- Characters can pick themselves up and throw each other
- 9 Worlds
- 4 secret bosses
- The koopalings are back and bowser jr
- Coin Mode

Items:
- Fire Flower
- Mushroom
- Star
- Ice Flower
- Propeller Suit
- Penguin Suit

Characters: The characters that we know are playable are Mario, Luigi, and 2 generic toads. The characters have new attacks like the spin attack which allows you to pick up players and throw them, it allows you to push away wind and other objects and to grab on to objects in the level. The new feature that amazed many people was yoshi. Yoshi has the ability to stay in the air for a little while, he can eat enemies, he can also spit them out. Once you lose yoshi, he starts running away very fast so you have to be quick to catch him. When players die and there is still atleast one remaining player, your allies will come floating in a bubble and the remaining player must free them in order for them to come back into the game.

Coin Mode: Coin Mode is a different mode of the game were you collect coins and travel from one level to another. Much hasn't been said about it but there are video's of the gameplay involved in it.

Release Date: The game is to be released in North America on November 15th, 2009(2 days from my birthday. Guess what im getting :p)

I will later add screenshots and videos so stay tuned and have fun :)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing and I like the fact that the game has 9 worlds now. It gets us so excited. It also has apparently 4 secret bosses which I hope are true but we may never know.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Read the features. Its a 4 player co-op. You play story mode with 1 - 4 people at a time.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm really happy for another 2D Mario game, but I'm a stick with my Super Nintendo.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The games is 2-D and is about mario and friends running through levels

he starts running away very fast so you have to be quick to catch him.

Fixed.

Anyway, sounds like a very good game that can be ruined in a second by trying to overdo it.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They'll add in some noob mode or something really stupid to try to improve it.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If your expecting a challenge I suggest you don't get this game, the New Super Mario Bros. on the DS took me about 1 hour to finish. No replay value at all, unless your collecting all the gold coins. I still get stuck when I play Super Mario 3 on NES. Mario games have been soften, making even the simplest kids be able to beat them....what happened to good ol' work your butt off the whole weekend to beat it, type of games?

Hopefully this game has improved that and someone on these forums can tell us.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
They'll add in some noob mode or something really stupid to try to improve it.

Nope. Its if you die 8 times in a row in one level, you can choose luigi to guide you through the level. You can say no.

If your expecting a challenge I suggest you don't get this game, the New Super Mario Bros. on the DS took me about 1 hour to finish. No replay value at all, unless your collecting all the gold coins. I still get stuck when I play Super Mario 3 on NES. Mario games have been soften, making even the simplest kids be able to beat them....what happened to good ol' work your butt off the whole weekend to beat it, type of games?

Hopefully this game has improved that and someone on these forums can tell us.

The game is very easy in first world. I have the game and the first world is pretty easy, but the later worlds get a lot harder. They said on one of the games reviews that they made this game a it harder than the DS one because the DS one is too easy. Heres a link to the review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9oOiKyDro

Yes they only show some hard parts but they don't want to show you the whole game and ruin it for you so they only showed a few hard parts in the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.